• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Euro 2008 Thread - No England, but still plenty of English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haunted

Relaxed Muscle said:
:D You wish.

Spain is fucked. We've got the motherfucking Batman on our side.

81589686%5B1%5D.hlarge.jpg

J. M. Romeo said:
As a Spaniard, seeing that image made me cringe in disgust. And I have to see similar things so often.

I hope that Spain doesn't win so I don't have to listen to people shouting in the streets and honking with their car horns for the 8 hours following the match.
2uot2tv.gif

CassSept

GO SPAIN!
Between Germany and Spain there can only be one team that truly deserves it.
High time for Spain to win some football tournament, too!

jepense

Spain should win this, if they can keep their heads cool. Of course, the Germans are known to be better at that... I kinda like both teams and know people from both countries so I'm fine with either one winning.

LRB1983

Banned
J. M. Romeo said:
As a Spaniard, seeing that image made me cringe in disgust. And I have to see similar things so often.

I hope that Spain doesn't win so I don't have to listen to people shouting in the streets and honking with their car horns for the 8 hours following the match.
It's only one or two times for year. It's the same in Berlin and other parts in the world when your team wins something.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ol_OiSaWwo - Berlin :)

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
J. M. Romeo said:
That's what I don't like. The celebration gets extremely noisy. If they did it in pubs, bars and parks, fine by me. But I hate, living either in the center of Zaragoza or Madrid (Zaragoza this time), having to deal with every other drunkard with an air horn.

You know what, I'm a huge Ari Gold fan and he is one of my role models (I just finished an Advertising degree). But I get your point, I'm leaving now. I just wanted to throw my contempt towards the popular reaction away, knowing that it will be buried deep down tons of posts.

Man, whatever, this shit hasn't happened in 24 years so put on some headphones or some shit and let the rest of the country have some glory, for once.

Go Spain!

bionic77

I would like to see Spain finally win something after so many years of disappointment (choking).

I just feel that Germany will handle the pressure better and can win even when they are not playing well so I have to favor them.

Hopefully Spain proves me wrong.

I was really hoping for the Armageddon Russia/Turkey finals though. :(

J. M. Romeo said:

Haha, I just thought the same that Germany shouldn't win, because I hate those drunken assholes and honking people. :lol

Haunted One said:
Man, if Ballack's calf injury really prevents him from playing, we're fucked. :(

Go Go Germany.

I heard someone saying that Schweinsteiger would be an alternative...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!

Haunted

Klaxon said:
I heard someone saying that Schweinsteiger would be an alternative...

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!
Schweinsteiger is great, but he's a completely different kind of player.

We've got no one who can replace Ballack. :/

Kapsama

NolbertoS said:
You do know that If you ask God for a win, he won't answer. You have to promise God, you'll be a celibate, for him to listen to you or do good deeds.

Yeah I don't like Spain or dislike Germany THAT much.

Jasup

Spain deserves to win this game It's been the best team in the tournament by far. But still I've always rooted for Germany, so... either way, I'll feel bad for the losing team.

And now is the time for some epic football

After those balloon-things get the hell out from the field...

USD

What the fuck is this shit, Enrique? I came to watch the game. At least I get to see hot chicks dancing. That backup singer is a looker too.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
it's good to know that extravagant, meaningless concert performances at major sporting events isn't limited solely to the US.

USD

Germans playing pretty solid so far. And as I say that (really 5 minutes ago though, 500), they almost get own goal'd.

Xater

Jesus Metzelder what are you doing?

Other than that germany is playing pretty good so far. You can see they want that early goal.

Kabouter

Wow, Spain is gonna looooooose if they don't start taking some initiative

Though they're starting to get into the game now, so hopefully not an easy victory for ze Germans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom