• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Euro 2008 Thread - No England, but still plenty of English

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alucard

Banned
Spain had fantastic control of the ball in that second half and looked very impressive. I hope for an entertaining final, and will be happy regardless of the victor. Seeing Spain win for the first time in 44 years would be pretty cool, and seeing Germany assert their dominance with a fourth title would also be great.

El-Suave

I wonder what Raul is thinking these days? As soon as he's not on the roster, Spain is winning where they would have lost in the past.

Leonsito

El-Suave said:
I wonder what Raul is thinking these days? As soon as he's not on the roster, Spain is winning where they would have lost in the past.

Yeah, last 44 years of Raul in the Spanish team were awful ...

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
Wait, as much as I love Villa...
raul_gallery__470x3480.jpg

DO IT ARAGONES

LRB1983

Banned
epk593.jpg

jg48j5.jpg

2z8yex0.jpg

30iyg6u.jpg

ohtmpv.jpg

Final will be awesome. I fear Germany. Germany is Germany xD but what the hell! If we play like second half we can beat every team.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
OMG are you guys again asking for Raul? Why, its about Spain being successful and Raul is the master of the national disappointment. When it matters he always failed with the national team. Why? Why?

Anth

UltimaKilo said:
I guess Spain didn't need the rest.
Yeah, but they arguably didn't run as much, didn't have to run as much in their last game. Arshavin ran like crazy in the match against Netherlands, whereas he barely did anything this time.

IanZ

Spain deserve it. This generation of Spanish players are probably the best in Europe right now. Great GK, solid defense, great midfield, great attack. English NT looks pathetic in comparison.:lol

lherre

Accurate
OEOEOEOEOEOEOEOEOOEOEOEOEOEOE !!!!

Final !!!!

I'm happy now !!!!

In the second half Spain has been ...

Lebrero_vm5.jpg

No chance for Russia.

Leonsito

godhandiscen said:
OMG are you guys again asking for Raul? Why, its about Spain being successful and Raul is the master of the national disappointment. When it matters he always failed with the national team. Why? Why?

Why the Raul hate? He only missed that penalty again France, he has been one of the most important players in the Spanish team in the last decade, and he deserved to be here this Eurocup, amazing season for him to be honest.

UltimaKilo

Gold Member
godhandiscen said:

Hrm...Your tag suits you. I only understood the first part of your question, the second made no sense, try again in English! :p

Yes bring back Raul, with the season he had at Madrid this year he can be an asset if needed.

FoxSpirit

Xater said:
Sweet my pick was right again and I also think Spain is the better opponent for us. :D

You will bleed, oh yes. Hey, Spain has been fighting for a title so long, no way I can support my neighbors in this case :D

Raging Spaniard

If they are Dutch, upright and breathing they are more racist than your favorite player
WOOO! THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That was a great match, Ramos and Guiza played great and vindicated their status on the teamk, also great games by Torres, Xavi and Iniesta .. not to mention the defense! I dunno were the concept that we had shitty defense came from, but no team has scored more than one goal on us in the entire tournament :D

Its been 24 years, LETS DO THIS

Leonsito

Ok, confirmed by Luis Aragones, Villa won't play the final, I think that we should play 4-5-1 against Germany, with Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Senna and Silva in the middle and Torres in the front, when Torres fail 4 or 5 clear goles, Güiza in.

Tieno

Leonsito said:
Ok, confirmed by Luis Aragones, Villa won't play the final, I think that we should play 4-5-1 against Germany, with Xavi, Iniesta, Cesc, Senna and Silva in the middle and Torres in the front, when Torres fail 4 or 5 clear goles, Güiza in.
Fuck, that's sad, I feel for him. The guy scored so many goals this tourny :(

Karakand

Leonsito said:
fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Leonsito said:
Why the Raul hate? He only missed that penalty again France, he has been one of the most important players in the Spanish team in the last decade, and he deserved to be here this Eurocup, amazing season for him to be honest.
UltimaKilo said:
Hrm...Your tag suits you. I only understood the first part of your question, the second made no sense, try again in English! :p

Yes bring back Raul, with the season he had at Madrid this year he can be an asset if needed.
I am not even talking about the penalty. He has never had an explosive tournament with Spain. Yes, he is the maximum goal scorer, but Spain has to play against rivals such as Lichtenstein. Also, its not about he not being good this year, but I just think that he doesn't fit in the playing style of Spain. Right now they need forwards who are always in the box because the rest of the team is a creative machine, and that's what Villa and Torres are. Raul is an awesome forward when your team lacks a little bit of creativity and you need somebody who can add that last assistance or create his own opportunity. So far the players that Aragones took to the tournament have answered the call. There is no way to tell if the team would be doing better with Raul, but in the past we know it has done worse. Thats all I can say.

Haunted

Woah, well done Spain. Completely erased Arshavin from the game, no chance for Russia to develop their game and showed class in front of the goal. Spain is dangerous!

Bring on the final, I'm hyped!

That said, I can't even remember the last time we played against Spain in a big tourney.

edit: looking at wikipedia, I can find results against Spain in the World Cup 66, the Euro 76 and the Euro 88 - three games, three wins by Germany. Another curse Spain may break? ayayay!

John Dunbar said:
fuuuuuck this.

Go Germany.
:lol You predicted a Turkey - Russia final, right?

tirant

Wow!!! What a match!!!

Barcelona was full of people with flags and fireworks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fiesta Tonight, yeaahhh!!!

Cosmozone

Man, I wish Germany would've played on that constant level like Spain did. Would've saved me a lot of sweat. The final will be great.

Tristam

Man, I was rooting for Russia just by their amazing comeback in the tournament but Spain took a well-deserved win today with some very good football on display. Ramos was easily man of the match: he was absolutely everywhere on the pitch, dispossessing Russian players, threading excellent passes, creating opportunities, and even taking a few shots of his own. Fabregas and Silva also had great games, as usual, and it's good to see Silva finally rewarded with a goal -- he had been Spain's best player thus far in the tournament (along with Casillas).

This is a very difficult final to predict. Spain can choke on their attacking runs as they did against Italy and Sweden or they can shoot off fireworks as they did against Russia (twice); the Germans have also been wavering between good and bad form.

Man, it's like Ramos read my post about him after the last game, and just said "fuck you dude, watch how it's done". What a match, he was amazing.
Spain, congratulations, you really deserve it! What a final this will be.

hc2

What amazes me is the bookies picking Germany to be in the final before the tournament started. They certainly will be able to breath easier now. I mean a week ago I really thought Holland was in the drivers seat and countries like Croatia, Spain, or Portugal would be playing them in the final.

Leonsito

Funky Papa said:
Time to bring back the Girls of the Euro 2008 with some hot ass (read: NSFW) pics of Cristiano's gf. Who knew that being a little whiny bitch could get you that.

That girl looks like a Tranny, and her legs are horrible imo, nsfw photos:

Untouched photo: http://www.pajarracos.es/galerias_varias/nereida_gallardo/nereida_01.jpg

After Photoshop: http://sarah0658.typepad.com/kelokehay/images/2008/04/28/2.jpg

This is not a sharp knees comment, she is really ugly when seeing in motion and with her face in normal poses. Also I prefer natural boobs :D

GaimeGuy

Volunteer Deputy Campaign Director, Obama for America '16
Urgh, I could be tied for 5th in the pickem league if I had remembered to submit my turkey-germany pick.

>_<

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom