• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ataturk

goal.com are a shitty site, I remember they "confirmed" David Villa had signed for Barca last summer.

I also doubt he'd accept an offer that low, wasn't he demanding £120K a week at Chelsea? Still, if true that's completely out of the blue, thought he'd go to Utd or Spurs (was hoping LFC :/ ).

Alright guys, I have a question for the people who play regularly. I'm looking at buying a new pair of match cleats and I'm looking at a pair of Nike Mercurial Vapors (Superflys if I can swing it) but I've never warn a pair and I have no way to try them before I buy them. Right now I'm using Nike total 90's and I'm diggin them, but I usually use two sets during the season. So then, player on Gaf...Good buy or pass?

Mattlikewhoa said:
Alright guys, I have a question for the people who play still. I'm looking at buying a new pair of match cleats and I'm looking at a pair of Nike Mercurial Vapors but I've never warn a pair and I have no way to try them before I buy them. Right now I'm using Nike total 90's and I'm diggin them, but I usually use two sets during the season. So then, player on Gaf...Good buy or pass?

when you rock, you gotta roll

EDIT: the vapors are class, imo

Roy Hodgson is the new Liverpool manager.

standardsloweredpsdcopy.jpg

Let the asset-stripping begin.

Raydeen

Beardz said:
:lol :lol I love the sun...

Well to be fair, we did look a class side in qualifying. It all fell apart in the actual tournament. :|

Argentina were a disaster in qualifying...but now look a class side. :|

Football, it's a funny old game.

And looking back through threads...did this one fall through Desmond's electromagnetic field thing?

Bearing in mind who else was available, Hodgson isn't a bad choice. Reportedly he's good friends with Dalglish, plus he still has lots of contacts across Europe.

Raydeen: this is the non-WC football thread.

Raydeen said:
Well to be fair, we did look a class side in qualifying. It all fell apart in the actual tournament. :|

Argentina were a disaster in qualifying...but now look a class side. :|

Football, it's a funny old game.

And looking back through threads...did this one fall through Desmond's electromagnetic field thing?

No

Dr Zhivago said:
Bearing in mind who else was available, Hodgson isn't a bad choice. Reportedly he's good friends with Dalglish, plus he still has lots of contacts across Europe.

Raydeen: this is the non-WC football thread.

8M to replace one of the best managers in Europe with a honourable journeyman is a bad decision, no-one better than Hodgson would have taken the job as they have a reputation to uphold, Hodgson doesn't.(I will support Hodgson but it is hard to see as anything other than a huge step backwards) It doesn't help that this appointment is driven by 2 things, the shitty media & H&G dire need to strip money from the club(if you don't believe me google what has happening at the other sporting clubs they've owned).

Next we will start to lose our best players(we may hold a couple for another season) who we will be told want to leave the club(strange that although Rafa had "lost" the dressing room, with a new manager they still don't want to stay), then our new youth system will start to be broken up, & we will replace them with players of the class of Konchesky(although I'm sure Hodgson's contacts in Iceland will be helpful in this)

If Hodgson even challenges for 4th he will be doing a fantastic job, but with these owners/ executives(Purslow(the lying cunt) spends his time writing stories for Henry Winter, & Broughton "works" one day a week & is a Chelsea fan) we are the new Spurs( I mean even Everton fans think they will finish above us)

caramac

rvy said:
He was going to Italy, that's where he was going. And he's taking Torres with him, oh shit!

Maybe Torres will go, maybe he won't, and like l said and meant, Rafa was going nowhere at LFC ......he'd lost the dressing room.

Reno7728

CaramaC said:
Maybe Torres will go, maybe he won't, and like l said and meant, Rafa was going nowhere at LFC ......he'd lost the dressing room.

He really hadn't - one or two yes (Riera) but when people like Benayoun leave as soon as Rafa goes, and you have players like Pepe and Masch signing huge long contracts under Benitez, and in Masch's case being linked to Rafa's new club - clearly he had support

caramac

Reno7728 said:
He really hadn't - one or two yes (Riera) but when people like Benayoun leave as soon as Rafa goes, and you have players like Pepe and Masch signing huge long contracts under Benitez, and in Masch's case being linked to Rafa's new club - clearly he had support

The Yossi sale was agreed a while back while Rafa was still in charge and he's got himself a better deal at Chelsea to warm their bench instead of ours.

I believe Mascherano will go, its a known fact his Wife/Girlfriend? wants him to move to Italy or Spain.
I think Pepe will stay and l think Torres will give it one more season and see what happens.
Gerrard l'm not sure.
But yeah l still believe as do lots of others that he had "lost" certain players.

elseanio

I'd be a bit more confident if it wasn't up to a Managing Director who works for a fucking bank .. and a Chairman who works for BA and openly supports Chelsea. They know as much about football as our twat owners, yet they get to make a decision on who is our Manager? All 4 of them are raping LFC for everything, and Roy Hodgson is the nice man who will turn a blind eye and let them. Rafa got too confident in speaking his mind about how this club is failing.. under any manager, Liverpool is failing. The 4 cancers needed a yes man, one who is liked already by the media.. one who couldn't care less what happens to LFC. They got him, and Liverpool FC needs saving.

It really doesn't matter which player(s) leave this summer, be it Torres, Gerrard, Mascherano or all 3. We're fucking either way.

"The actual ownership of the club is something that will be completely above my head at all times and is not something that particularly bothers me" - Roy Hodgson

Gutless. It will bother him when forced player sales go on paying off debt.

faridmon

Cerebral Assassin said:
( I mean even Everton fans think they will finish above us)
:lol
anyway Here is the Evertons new top:

efc-72018.jpg

efc__1277908601_arteta_kit.jpg

efc__1277908578_Cahill_kit.jpg

I love it, Simple yet elegant. No bloody white strips and white V collar. Best top in 10 years!!!

Good luck Everrton (and Liverpool ;) )

rvy said:
I live in Portugal, mate :p.
Its stupid English/ Man U fan mentara and stereotyping, if you hate Man u or any other big teamyou are from a lousy county. Its Stupid.

rvy

Banned
faridmon said:
:lol Its stupid English/ Man U fan mentara and stereotyping, if you hate Man u or any other big teamyou are from a lousy county. Its Stupid.
I'm a pseudo-Gooner (I'm not British, Arsenal is only the club I support in the Premiership, not the club I grew up loving), so... it's not like I hate Liverpool or United, but I don't like them either. As long as there's great matches every weekend, I'm happy.

faridmon

rvy said:
I'm a pseudo-Gooner (I'm not British, Arsenal is only the club I support in the Premiership, not the club I grew up loving), so... it's not like I hate Liverpool or United, but I don't like them either. As long as there's great matches every weekend, I'm happy.
No I am not saying you, in general that is how the supporters act when there is some negativity is percieved twords thier club. You don't know how many times I have been told that you are a brummie (someone who lives in Birmingham) whenever I talk about the big 4 :lol

defel

Obviously its a big if but if Hodgson can keep Torres, Gerrard and Masc they will have a very strong team, the problem lies on the sub bench where they have nothing to fall back on.

faridmon

defel1111 said:
Obviously its a big if but if Hodgson can keep Torres, Gerrard and Masc they will have a very strong team, the problem lies on the sub bench where they have nothing to fall back on.
the thing with Hudgson is that he is, undoubtly, a great manager, but the is he a great manager that handle a position as big as Liverpool? He always done good with lesser teams but its different overthere in Liverpool where the fans are expecting a win every weekend.

My closest fiend is big Liverpool fan and he said it is both good and bad news that Hudgson is managing Liverpool, and he would preferred Palligrini since we talked heavy about this together.

But I can see many Liverpool fans disagreeing with this, so I suppose we should wait and see.

caramac

My ideal scenario would have been Dalglish taking over until the club hopefully is quickly sold and a bit of stability returns ....and then look to bring someone else in.

faridmon

CaramaC said:
My ideal scenario would have been Dalglish taking over until the club hopefully is quickly sold and a bit of stability returns ....and then look to bring someone else in.
Yeah, Stability is the most important thing for Liverpool, that never happned has it? I wonder if Torres is stayiong for another season :/

Passed my Level 1 English FA Coaching Badge on Saturday - I'm now a qualified Coach! :D Just need to buckle down and work on Level 2 and 3 now.

Everton with a non-terrible strip? Whatever next :lol There was a rumour they were going to bring back that white bib thing from the 80s.

CaramaC said:
But yeah l still believe as do lots of others that he had "lost" certain players.

So why have the only players to confirm that they want to stay all wished Rafa well (Raina, Agger,etc) while the players Rafa "lost" (Stevie, Torres, Carra) have said nothing about remaining at the club?

:lol :lol :lol :lol They won't sell up until they have taken profits from a couple more sales(RBS extended the loan for 12 months in may)

Pelligrini is a good manager but we have no money, Hodgson is as good as we could have got(better a mediocre manager than a shit one like Hughes.)

Kozak

Banned
Chriswok said:
Passed my Level 1 English FA Coaching Badge on Saturday - I'm now a qualified Coach! :D Just need to buckle down and work on Level 2 and 3 now.

Congrats! I'm looking towards attempting a coaching license after I finish school :D

Talon- said:
Congratulations, mate.
Kozak said:
Congrats! I'm looking towards attempting a coaching license after I finish school :D

Thanks! Its well worth doing, even if its just the first step without a view of going into full time coaching. See if there are any local grassroot clubs in your area that are looking for coaches and might pay the course for you.

On a related note - Newcastle and Sunderland seem favourites to land Everton's Gosling for FREE. Spotted the Everton top above.

caramac

Cerebral Assassin said:
So why have the only players to confirm that they want to stay all wished Rafa well (Raina, Agger,etc) while the players Rafa "lost" (Stevie, Torres, Carra) have said nothing about remaining at the club?

How do you know they have said nothing about remaining at the club?, if as you say SG,FT, and JC are the players he lost. Carraghers up for contract talks l believe so he isn't going to have much to say.

:lol :lol :lol :lol They won't sell up until they have taken profits from a couple more sales(RBS extended the loan for 12 months in may

You could be right but l did say hopefully .....lol lol lol :/

Carragher seems to be staying.

"I was delighted with the opportunity to play in a World Cup and work with Capello but I have always said the most important thing for me is Liverpool Football Club.

"We have a new boss now in Roy Hodgson and I want to do everything I can to help him and help the club get back up where we belong."

I saw that story about Gosling walking out on Everton. Had he fallen out with Moyes?

Dr Zhivago said:
Carragher seems to be staying.

I saw that story about Gosling walking out on Everton. Had he fallen out with Moyes?

Nope, simply forgot to get around to actually offering him a new contract. They talked about it verbally for months, but never put an offer in writing. So he's free to leave, and Everton will get no compensation at all (though it has a knock on affect as Plymouth will get no sell on fee now either).

faridmon

Dr Zhivago said:
Everton with a non-terrible strip? Whatever next :lol There was a rumour they were going to bring back that white bib thing from the 80s.
It is a bizarro world we live in, Ill tell ya. Best top since 85'.:D
Chriswok said:
Congrats mate. Can't wait to see you manage, let us know how it will go :D
Chriswok said:
On a related note - Newcastle and Sunderland seem favourites to land Everton's Gosling for FREE. Spotted the Everton top above.
Thats not going to happen at all. Even though i don't rate that lad highly, Moyes seems to think that him and Rodwell are highly needed for this club to grow. just expect a contract signing just before the PL starts.

faridmon said:
Even though i don't rate that lad highly, Moyes seems to think that him and Rodwell are highly needed for this club to grow. just expect a contract signing just before the PL starts.

Aye, seems strange, but 'they' say he's desperate for first team games, and know he's currently 6th choice. Be interesting to see how this one pans out, and who gets a good kick up the arse for allowing him to move on (if it happens).

faridmon

Chriswok said:
Aye, seems strange, but 'they' say he's desperate for first team games, and know he's currently 6th choice. Be interesting to see how this one pans out, and who gets a good kick up the arse for allowing him to move on (if it happens).
Actually now that you mention it, Everton don't even have a place for him on the bench let alone the starting 11 of the team :lol , poor lad, maybe moving to another club would be better for him just like John Ruddy. He just moved to Norwich.

I just hope we sell pianaar for high price because I really want Rodwell and Billy (the russion kid) to have a play time Also I think Pianaar is an arrogant prick as well.

faridmon

Now it is confirmed that Gosling is leaving and is isaid that Newcastle and West Ham are intrested. Really bad of Everton, 3 million lost in the drain, just lie Lars Jacobsen (who left for Blackburn after smiliar inceident). well done everton, leaving everything till the end just to see us darining money when we can't aford it.

Hopefully they will give Arteta a new contract, i don't want him to leave :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom