• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official FootballSoccerFútbol Thread 2009/2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

feel

Just curious, what will happen to the flags? Has anything been said about that? Will we just keep'em till the Euro?

And awesome penalty, reminds me of this trick pass henry used to do sometimes.

ATF487

Letters said:
Just curious, what will happen to the flags? Has anything been said about that? Will we just keep'em till the Euro?

And awesome penalty, remings of this trick pass henry used to do sometimes.

I think we got them for a month after the tournament ends, so they'll be gone on the 11th of august

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
2liaik3.jpg

Fuck yes, I'm hyped, bitches.

I've been a Chivas fan for a long time. I'm hoping they don't do like every other Mexican team in the Libertadores and choke!

NoRéN

Regulus Tera said:
Fuck yes, I'm hyped, bitches.

I've been a Chivas fan for a long time. I'm hoping they don't do like every other Mexican team in the Libertadores and choke!
Well, Cruz Azul came close some years back. There's always hope.

NoRéN

Regulus Tera said:
Cruz Azul is the eternal definition of a choker, if you ask me.
why? Was it because the lost on PKs?

I have an uncle who is a die-hard fan of "la maquina cementera" (did I get that right?). Sports talk almost always ends with mocking him.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
NoRéN said:
why? Was it because the lost on PKs?

I have an uncle who is a die-hard fan of "la maquina cementera" (did I get that right?). Sports talk almost always ends with mocking him.

The Cruz Azul of the previous decade is like the Netherlands of the Mexican Primera División. A bunch of almost theres.

On the other hand, at least Cruz Azul has won some tourneys.

Saiyar

Unconfirmed Member
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8859257.stm

A new audit into Barcelona's finances have revealed the club's debt is 442m euros (£369.5m) after a loss of more than 77m euros (£64.36m) last season.

The previous board, led by Joan Laporta, had announced the club was 11m euros in the black at the end of June.

Looks like the truth about Barcelona's current financial situation is coming to light.

That must have been some mighty creative accounting to get Barcalona 11m euro's in the black at the end of last month. Surely something like that must be illegal?

Cerebral Assassin said:
8M to replace one of the best managers in Europe.....
:lol Come on now, really?
Benitez is average at his best. The new Kevin Keegan capitulating under the pressure of a season long campaign.

Saiyar said:
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/europe/8859257.stm

Looks like the truth about Barcelona's current financial situation is coming to light.

That must have been some mighty creative accounting to get Barcalona 11m euro's in the black at the end of last month. Surely something like that must be illegal?
That must be one mega wage bill. Their revenue has increased hugely over the last few years so I am not sure how they are making those sort of losses!

Reno7728

Kamakazie! said:
:lol Come on now, really?
Benitez is average at his best. The new Kevin Keegan capitulating under the pressure of a season long campaign.

Cause average managers always get snapped up to the most high profile available job in the world as soon as they leave their old clubs...

Reno7728 said:
Cause average managers always get snapped up to the most high profile available job in the world as soon as they leave their old clubs...
Not always but it happens often enough.
Managers at 1 big club move to the next regardless of their failings at the club before. Same happens within the premiership where proven failures get job after job simply because of their name rather than their achievements.

I don't know any fan of another premiership club that wouldn't have loved to see Rafa stay at Liverpool simply because everyone knew you were never going to win the league title with him as manager.

elseanio

Kamakazie! said:
Not always but it happens often enough.
Managers at 1 big club move to the next regardless of their failings at the club before. Same happens within the premiership where proven failures get job after job simply because of their name rather than their achievements.

I don't know any fan of another premiership club that wouldn't have loved to see Rafa stay at Liverpool simply because everyone knew you were never going to win the league title with him as manager.

We're never going to win the league with our current owners. Rafa was always fighting a losing battle. Roy wont do any better.

Rafa has the achievements to back up the name he's made for himself. That's the reason he walked into the current European Champions setup, and why Madrid are always going to be admires of him.. along with many other clubs.

Wessiej

God, Ajax-Paok 1-1.

Ajax had like 20 chances in front of goal, Paok 1. We were robbed by the ref, but the team must have done it thereself. Absolutely horrible. If we win we will prob. face Braga.

Brinbe

Dai101 said:
Well, it's the inaugural game of this stadium, is speted to be over the top.
:lol I know, but I'm not sure what the fuck that was... Mexicans probably feel like we did during the Vancouver opening ceremonies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom