• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

FiRez

good games in BTB tonight, I think we just lost one time but please consider some custom games with the new maps.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
if a few more people get on in 30 minutes, me nutter and sembe will be playing, also pink was on as well. thats 4, another 4 and thats a sweet custom game.

Nutter

catfish said:
Must of felt pretty good to be one of those assholes with the beam! That was a funny game, everytime I start shooting a guy, this big purple beam of death flys by and takes his head off :lol

I loved their comment after the game "Gee, thanks for the cockstomp red team" :lol
:lol :D That was indeed a "Killer" match.

Who wants to play in 3 hours? :(

p.s Anyone who has played on colossus after the updates please answer, Does Colossus still have the single sniper up top? and is it the sniper and not beam? because i remember reading that colossus and beaver creek will have human weapon sets now.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Nutter said:
Anyone who has played on colossus after the updates please answer, Does Colossus still have the single sniper up top? and is it the sniper and not beam? because i remember reading that colossus and beaver creek will have human weapon sets now.

Bungie said human weapon sets on that map only, I assume the sniper will be there. It shouldn't be as bad with no pps though. although a BR start should probably be put on as well..

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
These new weapon sets have killed Beaver Creek for me though (in matchmaking). I've always dual-wielded the plasma pistol and the SMG. :(
I've really got to learn how to use the battle rifle better. Some people online are amazing with that gun.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
shit we got owned on the new colossus last night :( I think we were playing people well better than us on the way up the ranks though, but it seemed like everytime I spawned in that game I was getting shot in the head immediately.

I love the update though, 3 plots on turf is surprisingly good.

Also, since the patch is anyone else having problems with the sword? On my lag free connection, about 30% of the time now my guy does the lunge animation, hits the guy and then bounces back about the distance of the lunge while still in the finished lunge position. Also whenever I ride up a grav lift now on colossus I have to ride up it 4 times, it keeps resetting me back to the bottom of the lift before I finally get up it. IT SUCKS. The shotgun seems to kick ass now though. weird.

Desperado

Truelize said:
These new weapon sets have killed Beaver Creek for me though (in matchmaking). I've always dual-wielded the plasma pistol and the SMG. :(
I've really got to learn how to use the battle rifle better. Some people online are amazing with that gun.

Lol oh man, welcome to the light. BR=godly.

It's so easy to level with a good team now..ranks are gonna be more spread out now. Level 12 with 16/25 wins from yesterday...god i need to cut back on my halo.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Desperado said:
Lol oh man, welcome to the light. BR=godly.
Yeah I'm gonna try to play with the BR exclusively now so I can get better at it. It's gonna take some time though.

And I've noticed that they have not fixed the snipe swiping much if any at all (I read earlier that people were hoping that it was toned down), I got a guy with a headshot by total accident in a game yesterday just by swinging it by him. :lol I've never actually done it before. I can't imagine how you could do it deliberately though.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Desperado said:
It's so easy to level with a good team now..ranks are gonna be more spread out now. Level 12 with 16/25 wins from yesterday...god i need to cut back on my halo.

We did pretty awesome yesterday, I think the games I played with you, we lost on colossus (that was a mixture of straight up getting owned and some UNLUCKY spawning) and a 2 kill loss on Warlock slayer. other than that there was much stomping to be had.

Desperado

Ya nobody's on except the TJ's, duderon, and ramirez.

SOOO...apparently TS Coag is now BR start, human weapons.

guess what happens to the brute shots...

they turn into ROCKETS!! WHOOOO

=/

now the snipers are even more invincible once they get both!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
well at least everyone has a shot at making the vehicles totally worthless now :lol

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I did a little better with the BR today. I've moved all the way up to a level 8 in rumble pit.
I am so lost on Beaver Creek though without my pistol. Where is the shotgun on that level? I know it's out there somewhere.

Cubsfan23

Banned
Truelize said:
Well I did a little better with the BR today. I've moved all the way up to a level 8 in rumble pit.
I am so lost on Beaver Creek though without my pistol. Where is the shotgun on that level? I know it's out there somewhere.

in the water

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Ramirez said:
Shotgun is straight across from the overshield in the opposite hole.

Word. Thanks. That's what I thought, I guess it's always in someone else's hands when I roll through there.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
Desperado said:

=/

:lol We got owned in that Warthog when 2 of those snipers shot their rockets at us.

LukeSmith

Desperado said:
Ya nobody's on except the TJ's, duderon, and ramirez.

SOOO...apparently TS Coag is now BR start, human weapons.

=/

Uh, not at all.

Three sets of rockets on Coag completely rebalance that map, human weapons or no, because of the vehicle whoring that can happen when there is only one set of rockets. This map has likely been made much more serviceable in TS because of these changes.

strikeselect

Nutter said:
Wait WHAT! 3 sets of rockets on Coag? <(hasnt played a TS game on Coag yet)

where are the other 2 located?

At the former Brute Shot locations (BTW this only applies to "human slayer" games on Coag)

strikeselect

Nutter said:
haha, now one team could potentially have three rockets and 2 snipers. :lol

That's what happened to me and Desperado, both snipers had the rockets. So everytime we tried to use a vehicle to take them out we would get blown up :-(

Nutter

Cerrius said:
Maybe in 2 hours, weren't you going to get Forza?
That WAS/IS my plan, although i am being lazy in actually going to fry;s and getting it. :lol

but if not a buy, the ill most likely just rent it this weekend before i take the plunge on buying it.

Did you get it yet?

and from what little time i had with the retail version at a friends house it feels really different from GT. need to get used to the new mechanics. before i can take some of you guys on!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ramirez said:
Where do you find stuff like that at Dude?

Number 602 in your programs,number 1 in your hearts! :lol

The bungie stats front page, under the team preview leaderboard :)

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
holy shit guys, last night was the most ill advised loosing streak ever!

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
anyone want to play? please? PLEASE?

just played a team skirmish match of 1 flag CTF... i'll just say it's not that much fun being the only person left for 3 rounds trying to defend and capture the flag.

Top Bottom