• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
Customs,bleh,no need for customs anymore!

Ignore the level thing beside your name and play regardless > customs! I played well past burnout point last night, dropped from 1 win away from 17 to the bottom of a 15. IT FELT GREAT! the levels are easy to get back up now as well, it's weird.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
catfish said:
Ignore the level thing beside your name and play regardless > customs! I played well past burnout point last night, dropped from 1 win away from 17 to the bottom of a 15. IT FELT GREAT! the levels are easy to get back up now as well, it's weird.

Greatly disagree. Neutral Bomb Warlock, Multiflag CTF Warlock, Cov 1 Flag CTF Zanzibar, etc. The list goes on and on. Bungie has one upped themselves with shitty gametypes. Customs still reign supreme.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
whats Cov 1 flag CTF zanzibar? Is that with covenant weapon set? never played it, what's so bad?

Yeah warlock should be slayer only, even then I don't like it very much, to much instant spawn and get pinged in the head by elevated battle rifle.

Oh and wankers can throw the bomb on top of the bomb spot in warlock so you can't get it down (or it's difficult anyway) and then, when you call them a jerk, they will call you a british wanker, even though that is as far away as you can get from NZ before you start coming back. (that last bit might be a rant)

Yeah there is a couple bung gametypes (neutral bomb took me ages to figure out who was bombing what on Turf, not sure if I like it or hate it yet) but it's mostly pretty good.

I have yet to play double team, how is it? Camp fest?

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Double Team is probably the best thing bungie came up with, save the shitty gametypes like multi-flag CTF. You basically whore the power weapons and rape the other team. A bit like head to head but you can rely on your partner and i kind of like the emphasis on individual talent.

1 Flag CTF Cov is indeed with covenant weapons. However (I've only played it on Headlong but Zanzibar may be different), they give you freaking Wraiths!! I have yet to see the defense succeed in a round through 5 games. Pretty much once the flag hits the front of the base (let's face it, not that hard) score one for the attacking team.

Nutter

Manick Joe said:
1 Flag CTF Cov is indeed with covenant weapons. However (I've only played it on Headlong but Zanzibar may be different), they give you freaking Wraiths!! I have yet to see the defense succeed in a round through 5 games. Pretty much once the flag hits the front of the base (let's face it, not that hard) score one for the attacking team.
uh, me and a few others from GAF just played a CTF COV on headlong and we stopped the attacking team both times.

Nutter

Desperado said:
Team Rifles on Ascension = GARBAGE

Spawn closest to Banshee wins.

Yeah WTF were bungie thinking leaving the banshee in :(

if they wanted the banshee in they should have at the very least give you plasma's on spawn.

LukeSmith

Nutter said:
Yeah WTF were bungie thinking leaving the banshee in :(

if they wanted the banshee in they should have at the very least give you plasma's on spawn.

Yeah we played that game type the other day. They got the banshee first, but flew too low, I boarded it and didn't die the entire round and we raped.

Poor kids.

Ramirez

I'm pretty sure the Banshee is easy to take down if all 4 people aim at it,specifically its wings...

Customs are garbage,suck it down duderowned!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Ramirez said:
I'm pretty sure the Banshee is easy to take down if all 4 people aim at it,specifically its wings...

Yes, cause in customs you can't get accused of standbying. "How did you get 20 kills, you HAD to be standbying"

No thanks i'll take customs over MM anyday :)

Plus we have some we gotta play today ;)

Nutter

Ramirez said:

That would work only if the entire other team is NOT playing, as when the entire team is trying to shoot down the banshee the three on the other team can just ambush you and kill everyone.

Also Even after being accused of standby, Matchmaking > Customs. :O

"everytime i came out of the blue screen you were in our base" :lol

LukeSmith

Nutter said:
That would work only if the entire other team is NOT playing, as when the entire team is trying to shoot down the banshee the three on the other team can just ambush you and kill everyone.

Also Even after being accused of standby, Matchmaking > Customs. :O

"everytime i came out of the blue screen you were in our base" :lol

Strategy = Ramirez strong point.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Lancelet Pink said:
I got to tone down these late night halo 2 sessions, I woke up late today. =/
No pink, you just need to get better at functioning like a zombie. priorities dude!

Seriously, team rifles on Ascension GAWD that is broken, we shot the wings off that thing pretty quickly and this fucking indestructible core was just flying around pissing everybody off the whole game. The guy only got 5 kills, but he was responsible for at least 20 assists, scored in post game or not. In the end I was just spawning and emptying my battle rifle at that banshee everytime. No go. You can empty a clip on it, then the guy can just fly down under the map, recharge his shield and come back up. It's such a massive distraction that it makes you easy kills for the other team. I was even targeting the fins at the back of the banshee, still no luck. Fuming after that game I was.

We won on neutral bomb warlock though, despite one of the opposing team absolutley raping us in kills He had something like 40/22 next highest was 25ish with everyone on our team scoring that. Absolutely everyone on the map had more deaths than kills except that 1 guy. It's very hard to organise anything on warlock, best I can figure is 1 of your team has to get into the bombsite without the bomb and sort of "defend it" before the rest of your team gets there and plants.

Ramirez

Hmm I'm not sure if you're being serious or not Scoot :lol I do know I see things all the time that makes me scratch my head when playing with some of you :D

Isn't there Plasma Grenades on Rifles?The Banshee is extremely easy to stick :p

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
Isn't there Plasma Grenades on Rifles?The Banshee is extremely easy to stick :p

haha, not that you start with you have to find them first...... It would be easy-ish to stick if the guy is right in your face, but this guy was shooting from miles away and generally cruising the map from out of reach, enough to keep taking off bits of your shield. coupled with a few brs in the head = :(

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
Nutter said:
Maybe cause they suck?

Actually double team is heavily weighted to the team that controls the power weapons. So if that team is conservative/doing well there's nothing the other team can do. Especially with both snipers and rockets on Ascension. Not to take anything away from those fine gentlemen that won ;)

FiRez

duderon said:
Actually double team is heavily weighted to the team that controls the power weapons. So if that team is conservative/doing well there's nothing the other team can do. Especially with both snipers and rockets on Ascension. Not to take anything away from those fine gentlemen that won ;)

That explains everything, It happened to me but I never lose that bad

Nutter

duderon said:
That wasnt my intention either, we all know how good bennett and ram are ;) but when the other team had 1; count it (1) kill then there was more to it then just controlling the weapons.

edit: looking closely they had 3 kills, but score shows 1. meaning they SUCK! :lol

Ramirez

Man those guys really let out the cursing after the game,I even got a friends request with a hate filled message attached to it :lol

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
damn I'm starting to tire of halo as it now appears that 3 games out of every five are either ruined by lag or some dickhead betrayal jerkoff......

Nutter

catfish said:
damn I'm starting to tire of halo as it now appears that 3 games out of every five are either ruined by lag or some dickhead betrayal jerkoff......

stop playing with dickheads then. :lol

Tonight i start my march to lvl 20 :O

Brannon

Been gravitating back to the XBL side of Halo 2 since the updates, and Turf just kicks all kinds of ass. Unfortunately one of my friends accidentally de-registered me out of the clan and now I'm floating around clanless. Still fun though, especially the no-radar head to head (THANK FUCKING GOD).

Here's a belated 'Good show chaps' to Bungie. Now hurry up and get those other maps out.

Drakken

Anyone plan on playing tonight before 9:30 EST? I've been playing Rumble Pit for a little while and doing really, really well. Up to level 15 with three 1sts today. I'd like to try out Double Team or another Team mode.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
duderon said:
Halo ROXX

I concur.

Is anyone getting generally worse network performance out of halo now? Since the patch, I'm noticing much more lag and 80% of the time the xbox goes nuts when I try and ride a grav lift, and about 25 % of the time the sword performs unusually. Despite having a full green connection.

FiRez

catfish said:
I concur.

Is anyone getting generally worse network performance out of halo now? Since the patch, I'm noticing much more lag and 80% of the time the xbox goes nuts when I try and ride a grav lift, and about 25 % of the time the sword performs unusually. Despite having a full green connection.

I think I get a glitch in Sanctuary when you use the sword after a jump you get stuck in middle-air, about the lag at least for me it performs superb 90% of the time.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
catfish said:
Did you play them? :lol how good were they, we require gamestats erm STAT

VGL tournament in Columbus, OH. Let's just say my second FFA i had 1 and 2 in the same game, 6 man FFA, dude am cry :(.

Funny thing was half the people there were oblivious to who they were because they dropped the "OGRE" surname and just went by "1" and "2". Good learning experience, tournaments are a whole different ballgame.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
You actually went there, it wasn't through live? How old are the ogres? Please don't say 14 or something....

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
catfish said:
You actually went there, it wasn't through live? How old are the ogres? Please don't say 14 or something....

They're 18, graduating from high school right now. Yeah, the tournament was at a Scion dealership. VGL still sucks at running tourneys, or at least it was the same guys the last time i went, and they suck at running tourneys.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
anyone up for playing today?

i looked at halo 2 stats, and the experience levels are the same all the way up to level 50.

As long as we keep winning winning winning then we have a chance!

Top Bottom