• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

Nutter

Duderon > of course the pistol is better than BR cause its more deadly, BUT its still a shitfest.

And if you know how to use the BR properly, you can become unstoppable just like you would with that pistol-sniper.

ANYWAY, that wasnt the point, point was GAF'ers would rather argue then play.

I have more random people on who sent friends request after match was over then Gaffers and/or friends that i added to begin with.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
The thing about the BR is, there's is a kind of wall everyone will eventually hit, where they won't be four shotting everyone, but they'll rarely go past seven or eight shots. Basically, there are no real standouts that are revered for their spectacular BRs, all the pros BRs are pretty much equal.

There were pros that used the pistol and were praised for their marksmanship, such as gintron and Strangepurple. The pistol was a skilled weapon, but the BR was a decent replacement for H2 given the emphasis on dual weilding and power weapons.

Nutter

Just for the record my only complaint with the pistol was that it almost had the range/power of a sniper. And like you said if a Expert got a good position on you with that thing you would have have no chance of making a come back.

And IMHO BR more then makes up for the pistol and it gives fair chance to anyone using it.

Ramirez

Well it might make a difference with a pro,but I could really give a shit about that,the BR is a fine replacement for casual play.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
We play Four Shot Kills on Monday, no match Wednesday. We should try to scrim them as much as possible, since they have pretty good teamwork.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
WELL IF YOU FUCKERS DIDNT LEAVE THE CLAN.

GOD

We kept winning and winning (30 games played, 25 wins... on both minor and major (!!!!)) until people like duderon/ramirez/nutter/ironclad/donkey/etc felt like it was a good idea to leave.

We had all the bases covered. You had marksmans, sneaky bastards, 1 on 1 fighters, everyone.

But noooooooooooooooooooo.

The clan was alive and well when you guys decided to leave out of nowhere. I guess winning just wasn't enough. It's like you had to challenge yourself to make it harder to get the same results as you did before.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I only ever got play regularly with Nutter and Lancelet Pink anyway.

number386

catfish said:
Yikes

Sold my xbox today! Last games for me this evening in 5 1/2 hours. I'm gonna go nuts on every mode for better or worse as long as. After that, by by live account. Catch you fellas if I get another xbox once I get to Europe.

Donkey is out. =(

Instead of getting a xbox you might as well wait for xbox 360. MS said it should be out later this year in Europe.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Lancelet Pink said:
Donkey is out. =(

Instead of getting a xbox you might as well wait for xbox 360. MS said it should be out later this year in Europe.

Yeah worldwide release, score. Unfortunately I will be out until it launchs at least, can't see me getting instantly rich in Amsterdam. I'm gonna try though. On the upside, Once I get back on I will have all the credentials required to join "THEPUSHING30CLUB" :D

Nutter

catfish said:
Yeah worldwide release, score. Unfortunately I will be out until it launchs at least, can't see me getting instantly rich in Amsterdam. I'm gonna try though. On the upside, Once I get back on I will have all the credentials required to join "THEPUSHING30CLUB" :D
:( so its going to take you that long to come back.

anyone on at this moment?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Nutter said:
:( so its going to take you that long to come back.

anyone on at this moment?

probably be online with mariokart on ds whenever that drops I will kick all yo asses.

Nutter

I dont plan on buying a DS until it hits something below 90. so no mario kart for me. :(

Why not just get a used xbox until 360. (donkey)

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Thank god we aren't playing Wednesday night. It would have been cutting it close for me to get home in time for the match, let alone practice. Duderon, since you know this FSK team a bit do you have some good strats for us to use? As long as the four of us get some good time in I think we have a good shot at the sweet sixteen.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Nutter said:
Why not just get a used xbox until 360. (donkey)

If I get overseas and get a job and a place with broadband then I would probably. I'm anticipating not being able to get a job and be poor for a while. I have no idea how to speak dutch, which apparently doesn't matter much, but it cant help

FiRez

Can you send me a clan invite?
even if I can only play at weekends because the university and my job :mad:

OT: UC2 will be 30$ in EBgames (around 12th) you should try it too, the demo was awesome, think Otogi + Halo

Ramirez

Boy,TJ really got reamed tonight! :lol

Guess thats what happens when you don't play for weeks...please tell me we're done,I hate MLG rules.

Joe

is anyone else experiencing a lot of lag lately? whenever i play with my friends we lose a lot due to lag. all of us have really good connections so its not that. ever since the patch its been fucked up. is it our (extremely) bad luck or do others experience it?

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Joe said:
is anyone else experiencing a lot of lag lately? whenever i play with my friends we lose a lot due to lag. all of us have really good connections so its not that. ever since the patch its been fucked up. is it our (extremely) bad luck or do others experience it?

Just before I sold my xbox I was starting to ask same questions. I'm on a 10mbps connection as well and never got lag prior to the patch. I was finding the sword and grav lifts to be very laggy even while my connection was showing green.

Also make sure none of your team use bitorrent or do any uploading whatsoever during the match.

Desperado

man I wish I was "ON" all the time...btb multiflag coag...end of the match down 1 I get on top of their base. grab their sniper, no scope guy in base, kill 2 with grenades + BR, and get about 2 more no scopes with guys coming up the ramps...unfortunately the guy that got in the base and got the flag wouldn't throw it up to me so he died and I died out of frustration...plus they had our flag again anyway.

it still doesn't make up for the fact that at the very beginning I was on the left side of our base with our sniper and they grabbed the flag because my team sucked...I got up on top and waited for the guy to come up the ramp on the right side...apparently they had a warthog there and it started to drive off...I jump thru portal and miss all 4 shots =(

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=kills&gameid=200847393&player=Desperaclo

next game, headlong assault I fucking no scoped the bomb coming up the stairs...plus lots of pwnage...

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=kills&gameid=200865680&player=Desperaclo

oh and earlier... had the sniper on waterworks...it was tied and they grabbed the flag...somehow it gets to the tunnel and I get the guy easy...I go in the tunnel a bit with another guy...I snipe one and the guy goes up the ramp in the middle of the tunnel and gets assassinated...I have one rocket and I accidentally blow me up with the guy on the other team...the other team proceeds to get it 10 secs later and move it down because once again, my team sucked...during all this one guy is bringing their flag to our base...If I hadn't died we could've won because there was 10 secs left when the other team grabbed it after I died...and that was my only death of the match. blah.

http://bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=kills&gameid=200743280&player=Desperaclo

I'm such a BTB n00b. haha.

FiRez

thank god, I finished all my tests yesterday.
let's play some team slayer tonight

btw: I was playing rumble pit yesterday and noticed how much fun is H2 with surround sound, in mono-aural you miss a lot of "detail" on the sounds of everything, the difference is very dramatic and now I can focus better on the game because I know where the most near enemy is.. :)

Do The Mario

Unconfirmed Member
I just played team slayer and some fucker on our team got -26 kills. Hailo 2 is no fuckin fun when i am not playing with one of you guys.

Sai

I was talkin' to a friend earlier today:

Friend: What happened to those TJ guys you were so hellbent on recruiting?

Me: They couldn't handle the heat, mang.

Friend: Hm?

Me: Scoot was all like-- "Safety zone! Safety Zone! And Ramirez went into a fetal position while duderon tried his best to console him. Then, I'm all like: "Team Asgard'll make it all better". But no, they decided to stay as Team Jesus, then they stopped playing, and now I don't know what the hell they're doin'.

Friend: ...

Me: ...

Friend: ... So, they said no?

Me: ... Basically. Bastards.
The lot of you.

(Team Asgard still loves you <3)

[EDIT] - Nutter, hit me up on AIM when you get the chance. :/ I need to get you signed up for CAL and TWL.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Hahahaha, nice Sai.

I played a few rumble pits today but really haven't played much lately. You can blame the lack of Team Jesus action on XBL to a mass addiction to World of Warcraft.

hgplayer1

Do The Mario said:
I just played team slayer and some fucker on our team got -26 kills. Hailo 2 is no fuckin fun when i am not playing with one of you guys.

I played a game earlier where two idiots on our team started going "suicides,yeaaaaa" while the game was still still configuring. as soon as it started a guy fragged himself and I was like ohhhh shit here we go. they didnt keep killing themselves but they certainly werent playing seriously. the guy started telling me how much I sucked cause I was a level 24 and I had less kills than him and he was screwing around. one of the two idiots ran me over in a ghost so i kicked him and his friend followed. me and the other guy ended up winning as time ran out.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=202563385&player=hgplayer1

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Sai said:
I was talkin' to a friend earlier today:

The lot of you.

(Team Asgard still loves you <3)

[EDIT] - Nutter, hit me up on AIM when you get the chance. :/ I need to get you signed up for CAL and TWL.

CAL? Now there's a real clan system. Want another member? :p

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
CAL uses BR start, OMG Dopey no way can you handle that :O

I'm working on getting broadband at home, so i'll make my return in time for the maps. I'm interested in playing with Asgard, too.

FiRez

Scoot said:
Seriously, people STILL play this?

Have you played after the patch?
if yes, well don't try to play too much because you will feel burn-out very fast.
I play at least one hour every day and I still enjoy it, honestly.

Top Bottom