• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Played last night for the first time in a while. I was pretty rusty and 10 sensitivity felt insane but by the end of the night I was more comfortable. Despite sucking at the game now, Trasher and I managed to win all seven of our double team games.

I'll be playing a lot more now since new maps are finally here. Hopefully the next autoupdate comes soon so I can avoid this cheating everyone is talking about. I hope you've been practicing Duderon. You will be needed. Ramirez sucks though.

Chittagong

Gold Member
Been playing Big Team games for a week or two now. Now up to level 19. I must say that once I reached level 17, the quality of the games increased exponentially. Almost no cheaters (only in one game whole evening), not many quitters and people know what to do. It was so much more fun today than yesterday when I fell back to 16 due to cheaters. The games on that level are assy.

Although when playing against people with levels 25-31 I'm getting my ass kicked pretty hard still, but atleast I learn many good tactics just watching :)

I've been actively reporting the match links and gamer tags of cheaters to h2cheats@microsoft.com - I hope it helps.

Man this modded console stuff is getting out of hand. It's almost like it was at the peak of the standby era. I was enjoying playing Halo so much I went from a 18 before the reset to a 27 because it wsa great having quality match after quality match. Cut to tonight, playing Team Slayer on Containment and some jackass is zipping along in a Warthog 100 feet above the playing field while head shotting my entire team with the sniper rifle. Now you're just hoping you can get more good matches then bad. Bungie better rectify this A LOT fastrter then they did with standby.

Desperado

Manick Joe said:
I was enjoying playing Halo so much I went from a 18 before the reset to a 27 because it wsa great having quality match after quality match.

after the reset it became almost twice as easy to level because they changed the experience requirements...I know what was a 15 pre-reset equals roughly a 30 post-reset.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Can someone invite me into the GAF clan? I left it by accident today. ^_^;

And where the hell IS everyone? Every time I go online there's never anyone from the GAF clan playing.

Lyte Edge said:

And where the hell IS everyone? Every time I go online there's never anyone from the GAF clan playing.

The GAF clan is pretty much no longer... most people who play regularly have left it, I can invite you back in after I get done with work tonight though.

Sorry about that one game on Terminal two nights ago, I was really tired and was just fooling around with the train when you came on... then Wario came on and took names and kicked asses.

number386

Yep the GAF clan for the most part disbanded. I'm up for new map customs.

My gamertag is lancelet pink, send me a friend request and mention your from GAF because I usually delete friend request. :)

hgplayer1

Lyte Edge said:

which GAF clan were you in? theres still a GAMING AGE clan but a lot of us that still play regularly are in NEO GAF. only a handful of people but we are on and playing regularly. if your gamertag is the same as you name here then Im pretty sure youre not in NEO GAF cause I dont think Ive ever seen you on.

FiRez

I played team preview for 1hr yesterday and never got to play the new maps.

Are you going to have some custom games?

FiRez said:
I played team preview for 1hr yesterday and never got to play the new maps.

Are you going to have some custom games?

They won't be in preview until next week when they update the playlists, like the last set of maps that came out.

I think I will be on again tonight, depending on how work goes. 9 PM Eastern Gamertag: Sicher. Mostly normal team games (Slayer, 1 flag, CtF, King, Ball), with the occasional Capture the Rocket on Elongation or Territories/Gold Rush or other odd game.

FiRez

Mr. Lemming said:
They won't be in preview until next week when they update the playlists, like the last set of maps that came out.

I think I will be on again tonight, depending on how work goes. 9 PM Eastern Gamertag: Sicher. Mostly normal team games (Slayer, 1 flag, CtF, King, Ball), with the occasional Capture the Rocket on Elongation or Territories/Gold Rush or other odd game.

Oh well I should played Team Slayer instead, Ok I hope almost everyone with the new maps can log on at that time so we can have enough people.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Played some games with Nutter and my god has that young man improved since I last played this game. His BR skills are quite good. GG Nutter.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
fuck guys, i don't play matchmaking to LOSE. I play to win.

If you want to screw around do that in customs only.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
DopeyFish said:
fuck guys, i don't play matchmaking to LOSE. I play to win.

If you want to screw around do that in customs only.

:lol

you always lose your mind when your team loses. can't win all the time dude.

hgplayer1

I agree with Dopey to some degree. I hate getting into matchmaking and people start acting like idiots just screwing around. At least give the appearance that youre trying.

If Bungies next patch doesnt fix the modding issue this game is ruined forever anyway in my eyes. with the new maps about to go into preview lists and then into matchmaking ranked games, if people can still mod its only going to get harder to find a decent game to play in.

I wasnt too thrilled by some of these answers in the latest weekly update.

iJosh says,

I have an important glitch that can totally destroy what you guys wanted Relic to be. I love the fact that you can turn the two-way teleporter on to get your team from one end to the other, but I know a way to surpass that. If you jump on the top of the teleporter and crouch during the whole jump, you will go through the teleporter just like it was on. You can do this on BOTH SIDES!!! I realize this is not what you guys at Bungie wanted Relic to be, and I would love it if this glitch was deleted. Try it for yourself...it really would make any CTF game a lot less fun. Will you ban people who do this, or just delete the glitch entirely, or what? Please respond to this--it's pretty important.

Well, you're not the first to point this out. It is being taken care of. It's a mistake we should have caught and we apologize. That said, you'll find that with a little practice, opening the teleporter on relic is one of the easier problems facing the attacking team – much, much easier, for example, than opening the gate on Zanzibar. But it will be taken care of relatively soon.

how did more than one person find this glitch so quickly yet the testing Bungie is doing on the new maps fails to find it? Also, they are making an excuse as to why it shouldnt interfere with an enjoyable game.

An unnamed hacker asks,

Why do you guys even pretend you can do anything to stop us playing hacked maps? I do it every day and nothing has happened to me, so you guys are not only noobz, you're liars. You can't stop us.

I looked up this guy's Gamertag, and guess what? He was banned about two hours after sending this message. Irony and coincidence in full effect. We have banned literally thousands of players and we are banning more every day. So don't come crying to us when you get banned. We warned you like, a thousand times.

yeah right. whats his gamertag so I can check out his stats? theres no proof that this guy was banned or for how long. I was reading some thread at TXB (where I cant post at the forums for some reason) and someone said their friend got banned for two days for modding. Im not sure if that was a lie or not but if it is, then wtf? 2 days? ohhhhhh big bad ban hammer!

Camarones asks,

I thought there was going to be a new Autoupdate that fixed all the cheating and other glitches. Where is it?

There is. It was delayed slightly because it had a bug that could corrupt your game save. It's fixed and back in testing. Will be coming soon. With some very nasty surprises for cheaters and hackers. It also takes care of some more minor stuff and who knows, it may even fix the teleport bug in Relic.

Translation : We arent going to bother testing the Relic glitch with this update, we'll let you guys test it for us.

A surprising number of people say,

You guys claim you are doing everything you can to stop cheating, but you're NOT .

Oh really? You must be sitting in our office watching us then. Once and for all: Yes. We. Are. Doing. Everything. We. Can. To. Stop. Cheating.

except showing us any proof of it. give us a banned list on the website and prove it dammit!

Chittagong

Gold Member
Okay guys, I need some help. I need advice on how to improve my accuracy. Now with the team preview I'm playing only against players between 25 - 35 (I'm 18) and getting my ass kicked BAD.

The biggest difference I notice is that their accuracy is around 30% at minimum, while my accuracy is 14-17%. This really kills me in many situations, for example close range gun fights, quick sniping and although not included in the accuracy score, in melee attacks. It seems that my melee attack just takes their shield down, while they smack me dead on the first go. Same goes for shooting with SMGs.

One thing is relaxing, I noticed I'm pretty tense while playing exciting situations and grabbing the controller hard makes mistakes more likely. Any thoughts?

Nutter

Chittagong said:
Okay guys, I need some help. I need advice on how to improve my accuracy. Now with the team preview I'm playing only against players between 25 - 35 (I'm 18) and getting my ass kicked BAD.

The biggest difference I notice is that their accuracy is around 30% at minimum, while my accuracy is 14-17%. This really kills me in many situations, for example close range gun fights, quick sniping and although not included in the accuracy score, in melee attacks. It seems that my melee attack just takes their shield down, while they smack me dead on the first go. Same goes for shooting with SMGs.

One thing is relaxing, I noticed I'm pretty tense while playing exciting situations and grabbing the controller hard makes mistakes more likely. Any thoughts?

Here are some things i do to help my hit % and beat downs.

-When Dual Wielding ; Try not to just spray and pray. But shoot bursts of each weapon. Also in my exp, one plama weapon(rifle >pistol) and one smg is the best combo.

-Battle Rifle ; Although you can always try to keep hitting the body of an opponant to kill him, i usually go for head shots. Even though my hit % will most likely take a hit, the shots that do connect with the head will bring down your foe much faster, And of course there is always the noob combo, which is plasma pistol burst then switching to br for head shot kill.

-Melee Attacks ; shoot down some of their sheild if they are not in your melee range. i prefer the plasma weapons for this, and then smack them asap when you get closer.

Also to be more accurate with the BR, try not to go in frenzy mode. the calmer the better.
My BR hit % used to be around 30%, but now its more close to 55%.(on average)

hgplayer1

Chittagong said:

Id say relaxing is a big part of it. sometimes I notice that Im playing too seriously and have to force myself to relax. even though sniping is pretty easy in this game theres still no easy way to become a really good sniper. you either are or you arent. IMO

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
hgplayer1 said:
Id say relaxing is a big part of it. sometimes I notice that Im playing too seriously and have to force myself to relax. even though sniping is pretty easy in this game theres still no easy way to become a really good sniper. you either are or you arent. IMO

being calm is a big part of sniping as well. god I miss this game, when I used to play with nutter all the time, thats mainly where I would notice him pulling away, he'd grab the sniper and get like 5 kills in a row, whereas I would get it and say "hey nutter come get the sniper..." after wasting like 5 of the bullets. :lol

battle rifle is the greatest weapon in the game, try and get it and ping people in the head, get a good second weapon (ideally the plama pistol) but something like a shotgun, in case you run into someone in a tight area.

Nutter

catfish said:
being calm is a big part of sniping as well. god I miss this game, when I used to play with nutter all the time, thats mainly where I would notice him pulling away, he'd grab the sniper and get like 5 kills in a row, whereas I would get it and say "hey nutter come get the sniper..." after wasting like 5 of the bullets. :lol

battle rifle is the greatest weapon in the game, try and get it and ping people in the head, get a good second weapon (ideally the plama pistol) but something like a shotgun, in case you run into someone in a tight area.

:lol :D

Those were some good times, eh donkey. :p

Hopefully you get a job asap in Euro land and get back to gaming.

FiRez

wow, Human Slayer with BR at start in colossus is probably the best Team slayer mode :D .

I added you chittagong (I hope you don't mind), because you keep saying that you don't see anyone from GAF online but I play at very late hours (like 10-12pm GMT-6)

Chittagong

Gold Member
Thanks for the tips! Got up to an average of around 25% using the fire/release tip. I had heard it earlier but forgotten. It really improves the accuracy of keeping the enemy within the crosshair. Now I don't get my ass kicked so bad when playing against ranks 25-30 in any other games except Team Snipers. I really suck in aiming still, and the balance between looking to the scope and keeping eye on surroundings is hard.

I was thinking of learning the plasma thing next. Can I do it with plasma cannon or only pistol? I don't see pistols that often in maps, but everyone seems to have one.

Accepted your Friend invite, FiRez. You seem to have set up a new clan. I'm mainly playing 7 pm - 03 am CET, I'm currently level 18 in Big Team Battle so some catching up to do.

The new Team Preview rocks, by the way. Very little cheaters and awesome game modes. Team Pistols and Team Snipers are very cool, and the new maps rock. Best 19.99e ever used, the document was cool and I've been playing the maps a LOT.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Chittagong said:
I was thinking of learning the plasma thing next. Can I do it with plasma cannon or only pistol? I don't see pistols that often in maps, but everyone seems to have one.

If you mean the noob combo, it won't take you very long, get plasma pistol, charge it, let it off in the general vicinity of someone and switch to BR, hit them in the head with one burst and they die. if you time it right, you get them at the same time it drops their shield and they are instantly dead. It always seemed to me that you could hit them a tiny bit before the plasma hit them as well.

FiRez

Well isn't a new clan, is the old clan (NeoGAF) but no one has send my a clan invite yet to the new one.....anyone? there's still some others in Neo Gaf too(hgplayer1).

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
I realize you'll always be on my friends list, but now you're just like your beloved Lohan - a mere shadow of your former self. I want the redheaded healthy Duderon back!

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
TJ Bennett said:
I realize you'll always be on my friends list, but now you're just like your beloved Lohan - a mere shadow of your former self. I want the redheaded healthy Duderon back!

:lol

touche

number386

Thanks Bungie for adding the semi new maps (turf, sanctuary) to matchmaking, without fixing the modding cheaters. I was playing turf and got modded against these guys were moving around super fast. *sigh*

Top Bottom