• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Halo 2 Clan Topic

number386

Nutter said:
Check this game out guys. me and ironclad in double team slayer on warlock.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?panel=hits&gameid=206601578&player=NutterIsAFK

unfortunately for us, They were cheating. Their BR's were like a machine gun and they were shooting at us through walls. there were ghosts all over the place and so were oversheilds when there are NONE on warlock under normal conditions. :(

So now people can use Gameshark online? :(

email the stat link and this post to bungie, I wonder what their response will be. I cant even play halo 2 it's like 90 degrees and humid in my living room, I'm stuck in my bedroom with the windowed air conditioner, I feel like a prisoner in my own home. =(

Joe

same thing happened to me and my friends on warlock.

people are bringing modded xboxs online and using hacked files to do shit like this.

we actually got stuck in back-to-back games with them. the first game they were super jumping (every jump sent them sky high) and had auto aim. the second game they were super jumping, auto aiming, and the bullets coming out of their battle rifle's were gauss canon shots.

after the second game i emailed bungie (i forgot their specific email for cheaters), i sent a link of the games and what happened.

Nutter

Here is a video of the same kinda shit happening on Sanctuary. :( :lol

http://homepage.mac.com/daggart/iMovieTheater3.html

Movie Highlights:: Plasma guns shoot Warthogs, Warthogs fly, MasterCheif super jumping all the time(the other team in the video).

And in the thread i got that video from on bungie forums, There were idiots who thought this is more fun then the actual game. :*(

I really hope bungie does something this time and not just sit on their ass.

hgplayer1

the thing I dont get about cheaters is they bother to go into matchmaking games. whats the point if you know youre going to win by cheating? Id be bored mindless knowing I was going to win every game. I could understand if they set up custom games and invited friends and if everybody in the game benefitted from the hacks or whatever but otherwise its nothing but showing off that youre a geek with nothing better to do than figure out how to make a game suck for everyone but you.

duderon

rollin' in the gutter
There's a whole group of cheaters that want to screw with matchmakers. You can look back in this thread right before the patch came out where i was telling Ram the cheating would never stop, whether it would be standbying or whatever. Cheating will never stop in matchmaking.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Ramirez said:
I thought Live detected modded Xboxen?

If it's the same shit people have been getting banned for before, it's something to do with having a switch on your modded xbox to turn off the mod chip. This allows you to go on live. to do the cheat it would be along the lines of turning on the modchip offline, modifying halos cache files which survive something like 3 reboots and then turning off the modchip and getting on live with those modded files, but you would escape the mod chip detection, however, bungie can apparently easily detect your cheating as with bandwith cheating and the same style of banning would occur, of course as one cheater once told me 'hahah noob, this is my spare account, I have 3' I think his gamertag was something like 'microsoftspetcashcow' or similar....

Vaguely anyway, we used to have to piss around with the cache a little to play modded halo 1 levels I think. After about 20 minutes of trying to get it to work I threw a tantrum and never bothered again.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Joe said:
the banshee on ascension battle rifles...someone needs to be fired over this.

you have to go and pick up 1 of the 2 sticky grenades that you don't start with (!) and perform the equivalent of a half court shot in 2 goes.

Nutter

Joe said:
the banshee on ascension battle rifles...someone needs to be fired over this.
Agreed, Although i am not sure that bothers me over The INSANE amount of times we get Warlock now. :(

team slayer = warlock, skirmish = warlock, preview = warlock, double team = warlock. :(

and to top it all off its the map the cheaters prefer. :(

:( :( :lol

Sai

Yeah, that Banshee needs to go. The fuck was Bungie thinking?

A few days ago, my friends and I were robbed of a victory because of that thing:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=201356763&player=SaiST

We had in mind to tag it, but the honest truth is that we were never given a chance to. If the opposing team gets the Banshee and really knows what they're doing, you'll never get another kill on that map. While we were still getting us a few kills every now and then, the Banshee always stuck close to them, wearing on our shields while they popped us with headshots. It was so frustrating, because there was a clear skill difference between us. We were a lot better than them, we were kicking their asses with a 10 point lead with a man down. Then they grab the Banshee and that was a wrap. If I'm not mistaken, one of them even tried to talk a bit of trash afterwards. Bah.

Oh, and I met another standbyer in a Head to Head game this morning. Fun. -_-

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
Sai said:
Yeah, that Banshee needs to go. The fuck was Bungie thinking?

A few days ago, my friends and I were robbed of a victory because of that thing:

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/GameStats.aspx?gameID=201356763&player=SaiST

We had in mind to tag it, but the honest truth is that we were never given a chance to. If the opposing team gets the Banshee and really knows what they're doing, you'll never get another kill on that map. While we were still getting us a few kills every now and then, the Banshee always stuck close to them, wearing on our shields while they popped us with headshots. It was so frustrating, because there was a clear skill difference between us. We were a lot better than them, we were kicking their asses with a 10 point lead with a man down. Then they grab the Banshee and that was a wrap. If I'm not mistaken, one of them even tried to talk a bit of trash afterwards. Bah.

Oh, and I met another standbyer in a Head to Head game this morning. Fun. -_-

most of the time when someone does a standby, they have to see you. Considering there is no radar in the game, doing it over and over without knowing where you are could be quite useless.

So what i usually do is grab a shotgun, and hide in a corner until i kill them until i have the lead. Then i find a good hiding space and never move the rest of the game unless found then i make sure i blast them with the shotgun again. Either the standbyer will either waste their time and run around not being able to find you or just quit.

What's your guys highest levels? Right now, mine is a 26 in Team Slayer...Eventually I want to get everything in the 20's. But I don't play some of the things enough to get them there. But one day, I'll sit down and do it.

Desperado

21 TS [76 games]
20 BTB [131 games]
15 TP [63 games]
12 DT [20 games]
8 TSk [11 games]
5 RP [4 games]
N/A H2H [0 games]

I fell behind due to finals/end of the year junk...haven't really had the urge to play lately.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
My current ranks are:

Rumble pit: 3 (GP: 3, Wins: 1)
Team Skirmish: 17 (GP: 117, Wins: 52)
Head to Head: 13 (GP: 21, Wins: 15)
Big Team Battle: 18 (GP: 32, Wins 24 ties: 3 :D )
Team Slayer: 24 (GP: 114, Wins: 66)
Team Preview: 19 (GP: 66, Wins: 37)
Double Team: 19 (GP: 70, Wins: 42)

Team Skirmish has been dropping like a rock from all the cheating pricks :(

Team Slayer has been dropping like a rock because my teammates weren't well chosen.

Nutter

Rumble PIT : 10

Team Skirmish : 19 (going down cause of damn cheaters) WAS 21

Head to Head : 10

Big Team Battle : 21

Team Slayer : 28 <--- This would be 30+ only if my team mates werent fooling around (looks at cerrius) :lol

Team Preview : 19 (going down cause of damn cheaters ) WAS 22

Double Team : 21

Ironclad

Cerrius said:
Hey, I'm not the one betraying others for a Ghost!! (looks at Ironclad) :lol
Hey, you're the bastard that always steals my damn ghost. :lol

Anyway, how can we not screw around with messages like "Butter me up guys, I'm ready to go!" Classic, just classic. :lol

Sai

Nutter said:
Team Slayer : 28 <--- This would be 30+ only if my team mates werent fooling around (looks at cerrius) :lol
You, Dopey, Ironclad and I need to party up again and raise hell in Team Slayer. We were on a roll that night.

My levels right now:

Rumble Pit - 20

Team Skirmish - 19

Head to Head - 18

Big Team Battle - 20

Team Slayer - 30

Team Preview - 17

Double Team - 24

Ramirez

I haven't played in about a month,but...

Rumble Pit 9
10/5

Team Skirmish 13
20/15

Head To Head 3
3/3

Big Team Battle 3
2/2

Team Slayer 23
51/45

Team Preview 20
104/62

Double Team 18
28/26

Level is to the right,first number on bottom is total games and the next is wins...

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
the hacks are level specific now? Bungie said anything?

I miss halo :(

bungie said:
We're only going to say this once, so listen carefully, and if you're using hacks, or know anyone who's using them, pay close attention. Every time you show up on Live with a hacked map, hacked save or other exploit, we not only know about it, it lights up our system like a pinball machine. We were almost tempted to print gamertags as examples. Right now, we are taking very, very serious measures to end it. They will be severe measures, and they will be global. That's all we're going to say about it. So now's the time to stop doing it. We are not kidding, and we are not bluffing. The reason the new measures have not been implemented so far is the same reason as ever - testing. This was your last and only warning.

well that sounds like a more promising fix than the standby cheaters one.

Joe

fuck that shit start posting phone numbers.

you get caught hacking files or cheating? your phone number gets posted on bungies website.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
I would probably make an "OWNED" photoshop of the first halo related murder victim and then go to hell for it.

number386

We're only going to say this once, so listen carefully, and if you're using hacks, or know anyone who's using them, pay close attention. Every time you show up on Live with a hacked map, hacked save or other exploit, we not only know about it, it lights up our system like a pinball machine. We were almost tempted to print gamertags as examples. Right now, we are taking very, very serious measures to end it. They will be severe measures, and they will be global. That's all we're going to say about it. So now's the time to stop doing it. We are not kidding, and we are not bluffing. The reason the new measures have not been implemented so far is the same reason as ever - testing. This was your last and only warning.

Sounds like one of the lamest bluff's in history. If Bungie can detect the hacks why dont they just ban the gamertags?

Sai

I was under the impression that if modded Xboxes or altered files were detected, they were automatically banned from LIVE.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Sai said:
I was under the impression that if modded Xboxes or altered files were detected, they were automatically banned from LIVE.

modded xboxs are flagged and banned within 1 day from live I assume when the ban sweep happens (that was a sad day:( ). Modded files, do not show up the chip, which is what the modchip ban actually detects. when you switch it off, you essentially have the modded files on a non modded box.

If they are not banning the machine itself based on having those files on there, then there is a possibility that it's doable to get the modded files onto the cache drive using something like a memory card and gamesave xploits, softmods, whatever.

Joe

i accidently put my modded xbox on xbox live by accident when it first came out and i was banned the instant i logged on.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Joe said:
i accidently put my modded xbox on xbox live by accident when it first came out and i was banned the instant i logged on.

haha. If it was only on live that one time, it probably got it's eeprom recorded before they were recording hard drive serials as well. with a new eeprom, you might be ok to go.

FiRez

MS can't scan for files that are in your HD, however they can see what kind of BIOS you're using (retail or modded) that's why the 2nd gen mods comes with a switch to simply turn off the chip before you boot your xbox.
If you forgot to disable your chip or you're not using a bios with auto-disconnect from live feature you will probably get banned ASAP.

Top Bottom