• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
You know, contrary to popular belief, I do read my PMs and I do read posts in this thread! He has attempted to use neither!

...and apparently he's the one with the tight schedule, so it's better that he say when he's available.

i'm a man of my word! league advanced.

for those of you who didn't play last week (yet), i put in a dummy score to reflect that. i have not closed off the previous weeks so when you play you can enter your real stats (please play soon)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
<MrBob> *whine* *whine* you weren't on AIM! how else could I talk to you? *whine* *whine*

Seriously, what the fuck.

Rorschach

All Raiders POTW ftw

Wasabiking: hawllatch'boy

I'm available tonight, most of tomorrow, and I'll get back to you about Thursday...not sure yet.

for those of you who didn't play last week (yet), i put in a dummy score to reflect that. i have not closed off the previous weeks so when you play you can enter your real stats (please play soon)

the scores are not real, simply place holders

Andokuky

Banned
Sorry, I scored worse than Frank Gore on the Wonderlic!!

2 of my last 4 games are against Bob. We should be wrapping up just in time for Madden 2007 :lol

Andokuky

Banned
Sickboy, when do you want to play? im not on a prision tight schedule, usually open around 9:30p.m. CNT till 11 or 12cnt, all depends on when i get home.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
cubanb: If we can't talk on AIM, just pm me when you'll be open.

fmt: You might want to change the "Upset of the Week". ;)

*Rocky theme plays in the background*

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Hitokage said:
cubanb: If we can't talk on AIM, just pm me when you'll be open.

fmt: You might want to change the "Upset of the Week". ;)

You're my new best friend. I mean that, I really do.

Andokuky

Banned
I'm about ready to trash this game.

5 redzone trips, 1 TD no FG's because in the 3rd quarter Lelie stops halfway on an out route and leaves some Chicago player wide open for another redzone INT and to end regulation I miss a 49 yard kick with 93 acc and 79 power. Then in OT on I think Bobs first play he runs up the gut, does that stupid animation where he shrugs off a tackle which makes Brandons tackle bounce right off of him since he's still in the animation and then Lynch dives the wrong way and he runs it inside the 5 and kicks the easy FG. Wow, just fuck wow. Maybe EA put some sort of sensor in my PS2 and this is their way of saying I should buy more EA games.

On the plus side everyone was saying I ran ran pass and ran outside 100% of the time so I tried a new play book for the first time since Fity beat me down real bad in the Xbox season and it wasn't bad. I think I passed too often but I can learn it fairly easily me thinks.

SickBoy

Stupid IE. Condensed version: Bears-Chargers? I thought I was playing Miguel.

Don't know if the post I read is accurate or not, at work, haven't checked leaguedaddy.

Miguel, I'll be back later tonight, probably around 1:30MT.

Dallas: I'm not back until 1:30MT tonight. About 11:00MT tomorrow.

Thursday, I'm probably home earlier, like around 6 or 7 (sounds like -- working an earlier shift that's sort of flexible EDIT: probably. It might get messed up tomorrow because we're a person short). Still, if I'm working the earlier shift, that might be our best bet.

Andokuky

Banned
Hitokage said:
Was it short or wide?

Wide by about 20 feet. Which was wierd because Bob said afterwards on AIM that on his 52 yarder that he missed with under a minute left that he had 64 accuracy yet his clanked off the goalpost. So mine should have at LEAST done the same. I wasn't suprised though, I am fucking cursed in this game on special teams be it kicking FG's or covering kickoff returns.

miguel SHOULD have beaten me. 10-3 lead at the half, everything working, then it happened. cousin david ran into beast man julian peterson, out for the game! all you need to know is that tony banks is the texans backup quarterback and you should then be able to deduce what happened the rest of the game.

gg mig, you are better than your record indicates.

SickBoy

Andokuky said:
Wide by about 20 feet. Which was wierd because Bob said afterwards on AIM that on his 52 yarder that he missed with under a minute left that he had 64 accuracy yet his clanked off the goalpost. So mine should have at LEAST done the same. I wasn't suprised though, I am fucking cursed in this game on special teams be it kicking FG's or covering kickoff returns.

Yeah, there's a certain randomness to kicks. I've seen 0 accuracy kickoffs land in bounds (hi Archaix!), and kickoffs with some accuracy land out.

Miguel: Don't know if you're on or not. I'm good to go in about 10-15 if you are.

Miguel

:lol You got Jap played.
I SWEAR you stepped out of bounds on that long TD run.
Stupid me takes a time out when I could have used it later

Fuck you and your Patriot-isms at the end of the game!
Andre Johnson is gonna fuck you up.

:lol good game.

SickBoy

What is "Jap played"?

As for the LT TD, it was one of those Madden plays where it looks like he steps out of bounds because half the circle is out, but somehow he defies physics and brings himself back in. I hate those, except when they work in my favor. Also, I borrowed FMT's Game Shark :)

Until just before that point, I was getting pissed because nothing was working, and because Tomlinson had a few great drives in our unsuccessful games last night.

You played a hell of a game. I got my head back on straight, but it was good fortune more than anything that let me score two TDs on you because your defense was solid.

I'm glad I ran the clock on the first punt (I was going to run the clock to 1 and kick, then I figured I'd rather have the luxury of kicking on my own terms than rushing a last-moment kick), because the first time it wouldn't allow me to call a fake to concede the safety, which is what I originally wanted to do. I don't know why I was allowed to the second time.

EDIT: I don't know why I ever quit my game plan. I always do well when I abide by it, but I've started to deviate earlier. I think it's a matter of building bad habits now that I've played a lot more. I'd only played a couple of online games prior to the league starting -- that's one against a random opponent, plus preseason matchups.

Miguel

LSJGDF:LSKJFD:Ljals;dfjasdfj;sljk d;jaslfks dGODDAMMOESUBNLR

That way WAY too Texans-esque the way I lost that game. Fucking have Andre Johnson in position to make the game winning catch...safety(?) jumps just in front of him and that's the ballgame.

Mrbob

Yeah damn it Mig! >__<

Oh and I would like to give a big shout out to the AFC conference. We have proven ourselves as the superior bad ass conference this Madden season with nearly a 2 to 1 win to loss advantage over the NFC! :)

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Mrbob said:
Yeah damn it Mig! >__<

Oh and I would like to give a big shout out to the AFC conference. We have proven ourselves as the superior bad ass conference this Madden season with nearly a 2 to 1 win to loss advantage over the NFC! :)

Here are the people in the AFC that beat me: MrBob

Here are the people in the AFC I have beaten: Ando, Archaix, Rorschach, and Hito.

It's not my fault fellas!

Mrbob

Wellington said:
Here are the people in the AFC that beat me: MrBob

Here are the people in the AFC I have beaten: Ando, Archaix, Rorschach, and Hito.

It's not my fault fellas!

Hahahah, yeah, you are holding your own. ;)

But the NFC wild card leader right now is a big 0-4 against the AFC at the moment. Doesn't look good on the conference resume. :D

sadly for you, mrbob, i have or will have beaten all of your conferences best teams by seasons end. and not just beaten, but crushed. we're talking 44-14 style ass beating here :D

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
sadly for you, mrbob, i have or will have beaten all of your conferences best teams by seasons end. and not just beaten, but crushed. we're talking 44-14 style ass beating here :D

We'll see. You have not defeated Sickboy yet. And I don't think you have the ability to do so! :)

We'll see. You have not defeated Sickboy yet. And I don't think you have the ability to do so!

your reverse psychology won't work on me chuuuuuummmmp.

and yes i did get moss'd.... but i beat you 24-3 when you were using a vastly superior team, so i count that as beating you :D

Miguel

:SLDKFJ;lkajsflkasjd;flkajsdf;lakjsdf;laksdjf;lkj

:(

:(

....>:O

I am the king of making other players look like Tecmo Bo. :(

My aggressiveness with hitstick-ing and INTs is normally my downfall. Then again, it's what normally keeps me in games, and at times, wins me games.

Andokuky

Banned
Sickboy, can you play tonight? doesn't really matter what time, i have easy classes tomorrow. If you know the time you'll be home, post it and i'll be on hte game at that time. i need to get this game out, b/c tomorrow and friday i'll be at school kinda late, saturday i'll be gone ALL day, and sunday i'm going to try and start a new church, and i'll be tired afterwards. hit me back.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
DM, do you have your player stats? Just wondering, because I saw you didn't post them. If not, I've got them and can send them to you if you need.

Rorschach

GG Wasabi

...wow what horrible luck. My secondary dropped so many ints...they should have an "Ints dropped" stat :(

What killed me was that damn fumble...DAMN YOU, WHITTED! But it's either whitted or fumble-every-kr-carr. And those ints >< GOOD LAWD!! And then there's the wr drops...too bad they downgraded Gabriel and gave me Curry :(

PS: is Archulletta in on EVERY play? :lol

SickBoy

Andokuky said:
Sickboy, can you play tonight? doesn't really matter what time, i have easy classes tomorrow. If you know the time you'll be home, post it and i'll be on hte game at that time. i need to get this game out, b/c tomorrow and friday i'll be at school kinda late, saturday i'll be gone ALL day, and sunday i'm going to try and start a new church, and i'll be tired afterwards. hit me back.

If you're available now, I can probably play... (didn't see your message earlier, don't have the time or inclination to surf GAF at work)

If not, I work until late tomorrow after all (get back around 11MT). Same deal on Friday.

SickBoy

GG. Miscues really let me down. In particular, not picking up the muffed punt, brutal kick coverage and that Brees fumble (I was so trying to toss the ball away... don't know what happened. I would've taken a knee if I could have). Also can't believe I almost hit that 56-yd FG at the end of the second (I figured distance, not accuracy, would have been my problem).

Felt like I let this one slip away, but it's not like I haven't ever been on the good side of that this season.

And Rorschach retains faint playoff hope (but has to win out) as I run into what appears to be a rough patch of schedule in the next three weeks.

Me, I've already achieved my goal for the year, which was finishing over .500... but now is time to set sights higher, not cough up the ball for seven and a loss, Drew!

Brees finally had a decent game, but I noticed myself doing a few things that I shouldn't be doing... with any luck I could solve my passing woes of late.

Rorschach

SickBoy said:
GG. Miscues really let me down. In particular, not picking up the muffed punt, brutal kick coverage and that Brees fumble (I was so trying to toss the ball away... don't know what happened. I would've taken a knee if I could have). Also can't believe I almost hit that 56-yd FG at the end of the second (I figured distance, not accuracy, would have been my problem).

Felt like I let this one slip away, but it's not like I haven't ever been on the good side of that this season.

And Rorschach retains faint playoff hope as I run into what appears to be a rough patch of schedule in the next three weeks.

Brees finally had a decent game, but I noticed myself doing a few things that I shouldn't be doing... with any luck I could solve my passing woes of late.
My luck is just brutal. :(

Top Bottom