• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
DMczaf said:
Seriously, you think Ill get cocky for catching a couple of breaks? I KNOW that was once in a million for me. Im usually on the other end of dropped passes and BS fumbles, just ask FMT!

I just need wins to get into the playoffs, thats all i want!!

Well, now you don't need anything to get into the playoffs. You're in. Worst you could do is finish in a tie with Dallas, and you've got the head to head win for the tiebreaker.

Way to make the last two weeks interesting, rest of NFC!

By the way, this means that the 49ers will be resting their starters against the Steelers...right?

Oh, like it fucking matters. If he can win with the 9ers starters, he could win with anybody, and that includes the 9ers backups.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
:lol Nah not saying you got cocky, but the Eli fumble just killz me.

That said, FMT and I are now tied for W-L record across seasons 1 and 2 with 23-7 records.

Mrbob

Is that 23-7 record a consolation prize for not being able to win the championship? :D

Archaix said:
Alright, when you get a more specific time table let me know.

Well, I can probably play anytime after 5PM central tommorrow. But not too late though as I need my beauty rest for monday morning! ;)

Thank you DM. You truly are the king of kings. Now that I have the #1 seed in the NFC (and the entire league for that matter), I can take it easy these final 2 weeks. Perhaps Ken "big game" Dorsey will see some action.... or maybe he won't! :D

p.s. but i will still beat you in the final week dm. i owe you one, and so does nedney

Andokuky

Banned
Wow who replaced Royals with Antonio Gates? I love the catches he was making in double coverage, it was incredible. Oh wait it's just Madden. I am about an inch away from just saying fuck this game, it isn't even fun anymore.

Mrbob

Oh wow this division race just got a lot more interesting. If I lose to Archaix it'll be a big mess! :lol

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
FrenchMovieTheme said:
archaix, the league will advance tonight, can you play? im at my parents right now but i will be home in appox. 1.5 hours.

I might be able to, but I'd put it at a tentative no. Might just be a bit late for me.

np. i can play tomorrow if you want, but it has to be at a specific time. i go to school basically from 9am to 10pm, but i do have a 3 hour break between classes. that time is from 3pm pst to 6 pm pst. let me know!

DMczaf

Cadillac with 25 carries for 58 yards. The goal of "300 carries with under 1000 yards" is within our reach, Caddy!!

cadillac_83714.jpg

"I can see it! The line of scrimmage!!"

122405_williams23.jpg

"NoooooooooOOooooo!"

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
DMczaf: :lol Most of those yards were early in the game too.

Ah well, guess I'll finish this season 5-11. RORSCHACH AND MRBOB, I'M COUNTING ON YOU TO KEEP THE TEXANS BELOW THIS. :D

Rorschach

Hitokage said:
DMczaf: :lol Most of those yards were early in the game too.

Ah well, guess I'll finish this season 5-11. RORSCHACH AND MRBOB, I'M COUNTING ON YOU TO KEEP THE TEXANS BELOW THIS. :D
Well seeing as how the texans WON'T play me...I dunno what I can do about that.

rubberchicken.jpg

Andokuky

Banned
Well I guess I clinched a playoff spot tonight as the best Bobert can do is tie my record now at 10-6 if I lose next week and I own a 2-1 season record against him. I have a 2-0 sweep of the Steelers to so another beatdown of Dallas wins me the division, no? I'm still debating whether or not that's a good thing. Yay I made the playoffs but now that's another session of this crap :lol

I switched back to my old playbook, my offense seemed atleast alive this time. Tried Denver's actual PB in week 13, no thanks. Tried Dungy's in week 14, maybe the worst I've ever seen. I guess I should practice sometime.

Also Bob when you paused I have no idea what you were talking about, I might have switched to a LB after the snap idk but if I did then he was already through the blockers on a blitz. I was under the assumption that it's ok because hell everyone has done it to me. I didn't get close to Grossman anyways, as usual.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
FrenchMovieTheme said:
np. i can play tomorrow if you want, but it has to be at a specific time. i go to school basically from 9am to 10pm, but i do have a 3 hour break between classes. that time is from 3pm pst to 6 pm pst. let me know!

If you do get a chance to read this, I can play at around 6-6:30 EST

my apologies to the defending champ, but you are in serious danger of missing the playoffs.

archaix beat me 21-19 in a tough game. i didn't pull any of my starters or play any differently than i normally would have. i couldn't stop the run consistently and made some questionable playcalls late in the game. such is life! i will bounce back by stomping DM into oblivion

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Mrbob said:
RORS, buddy, pal. I need you and Moss to get it done one last time! End the season with a bang! :D

Hey, my good friend Miguel has my back. He's going to make it so that the outcome of Raiders-Steelers is entirely irrelevant!

Right, Miguel?

Mrbob

:lol

I should put a handicap on my game with Miguel where if I don't win by at least 15 it would be considered a loss! :D

J/K Mig! ;)

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Ok, after going over the standings... if LeagueDaddy doesn't differ from NFL tiebreaking procedures, then the only way the Bears can get into the playoffs is if the Steelers lose and Bears win Week 16(Even if the Broncos lose in a huge upset they win the tiebreaker easily).

On the other hand, if the Bears hadn't lost in week 12 with all other games having the same result, the Steelers would be eliminated by now. :)

Mrbob

Hitokage said:
Ok, after going over the standings... if LeagueDaddy doesn't differ from NFL tiebreaking procedures, then the only way the Bears can get into the playoffs is if the Steelers lose and Bears win Week 16(Even if the Broncos lose in a huge upset they win the tiebreaker easily).

On the other hand, if the Bears hadn't lost in week 12 with all other games having the same result, the Steelers would be eliminated by now. :)

That damn BS pass interference call in the end zone at the end of the first half is going to cost me a playoff spot! :lol

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mrbob said:
That damn BS pass interference call in the end zone at the end of the first half is going to cost me a playoff spot! :lol
Did you manually control the CB on that play?

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Mrbob said:
Bah, was hoping you'd say you did then I could say it was your own damn fault... but alas. :(

At any rate, the madden gods giveth, and the madden gods taketh away. I'm usually on the receiving end of such things, and in my game against DMczaf I had my CB simply forget to bat away a hail mary bomb resulting in a TD the next play.

Andokuky

Banned
Wow, i love getting ripped off in a game for a whole 4 quarters!!!

Opening kickoff, Glenn fumbles, luckily some fat lineman sits on it.
Next play, Flozell Adams gets injured YAY SACK CITY
Same drive, INT returned for TD after CB pushes WR out of way.
THATS JUST 1 DRIVE FOLKS!

Manning was like 11-11 at end of half. Same 3 passing plays get boring after awhile.

Before the half, Cundiff misses a FG with 98 P, 80 Acc. b/c it hooked RIGHT, after it was kick off the right hash mark, wtf?

Not to mention some NO CLASS play.

4th qtr, up like 35-0 or something like that...4th down, LETS GO FOR IT! wahoo

yaaaaaaay loving it.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
Manning was like 11-11 at end of half. Same 3 passing plays get boring after awhile.

Woah homie, you can rip me for everything else, but considering that I passed out of the I-Form, I-Form Twin WR, Singleback Big Wing, Singleback Slot Strong, Shotgun, and Weak I, it's impossible that I used three passing plays. Also, I am almost positive I used only two plays twice. The rest were one and done.

Man if it was the same few plays, why couldn't you shut them down? Looking at my games, people who have used a handful of plays have been shut down against me.

Rorschach

Oooh I get to be a spoiler afterall! Twice over...with two different Mosses!

bundypolkhigh3.jpg

Anyone seen chicken little? LET'S GO, BA-BY!

Andokuky

Banned
well, here's the equation

Dallas's Defense + Money Plays = auto loss.

Everyone who uses a few plays say the exact same thing "if it's a few plays, why couldn't u shut it down?"

1 play - Combacks both sides of field, Burress and who ever ur other reciever is...toomer?

another play - out to Burress, crossing route to Shockey where you'd just sit and wait for hit to go allll the way across the opposite side of the field as you, then you'd just lob up that jump ball. easy catch.

last play - Out to Burress

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
well, here's the equation

Dallas's Defense + Money Plays = auto loss.

Everyone who uses a few plays say the exact same thing "if it's a few plays, why couldn't u shut it down?"

1 play - Combacks both sides of field, Burress and who ever ur other reciever is...toomer?

another play - out to Burress, crossing route to Shockey where you'd just sit and wait for hit to go allll the way across the opposite side of the field as you, then you'd just lob up that jump ball. easy catch.

last play - Out to Burress

I don't play like you. You are the one that everyone complains about using the jump garbage and the same plays. As such, I will lay out each of the passing plays I used in that game:

Singleback Big Wing - TE Corner
Singleback Slot Strong - TE Flat Slant
Singleback Slot Strong - Shockey Option
Singleback Slot Strong - SE Cross
I Form - Burress Option
I Form - HB Middle
I Form - PA Clearout
I Form - TE Post
I Form Twin WR - Weak Flood
Weak I - Bunch
Shotgun Normal Offset Wk - Short Attack
Shotgun Normal Offset Wk - HB Go

And I only attempted 19 passes. Unlike my rushing playbook, my passing play calling is pretty diverse, and it's what has led me to some success.

Consider that I hit different receivers when the main target wasn't open (ie, my main target on the HB middle is Barber, but on one of the touchdowns Toomer was open) and those are the 16 completions.

I've blown you up for 267 and 327 yards, 237 is more than feasible on your D. Your passing D is 14th in the league in yards allowed, I only account for about 800 of them.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
I touch on pretty much every formation in my O playbook except Near/Far over the course of a game, and I try to make sure that I run AND pass for any formation I use.

There's no point in running it up the middle from Split Back 3WR if you never pass from it. Tighten the middle, D gets a free down increment.

Andokuky

Banned
This is why I hate the game now, it's become just a test to see who can get the most BS plays to tip in their favor. Everyone has these money plays that you have to be lucky to stop and almost half the league's leading passing weapons are tight ends :lol

This is Denver btw and I only saw 2 plays of the game so sorry if it seems like I am siding with anyone, I really couldn't care less. One less game to be done before the season is over.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Um, speaking as #3 in Pass D, I don't agree. Your job as D is to disrupt the opponent's tempo and force your own. Take control and their yardage will drop like a rock. Keeping it that way is the hard part, but that's why it's fun.

A lot of people make a lot of big plays on D using manual control, but most of defense is formation calling, man positioning, D playcalling, and pre-snap adjusting(Triangle, L1, and R1 are your friends!). Some tweaks can enhance the desired coverage, other tweaks can fake out the other player into falling into a trap(just don't get predictable with it). :D

Oh, and KNOW YOUR TEAM, and KNOW YOUR OPPONENT. Know the ratings of all players on both sides of the ball, so you have some idea of what will work and what to avoid.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
This is why I hate the game now, it's become just a test to see who can get the most BS plays to tip in their favor. Everyone has these money plays that you have to be lucky to stop and almost half the league's leading passing weapons are tight ends :lol

This is Denver btw and I only saw 2 plays of the game so sorry if it seems like I am siding with anyone, I really couldn't care less. One less game to be done before the season is over.

I don't understand that. I never feel that FMT out BSed me or that DM used unstoppable plays to beat me. If that's the way you see it then yeah, maybe it is not for you.

Miguel

In my excitement of making sure I don't end up in last place, I exited out of my stats and lost everything *but Glenn "RORSHATEME" Earl's stats

Earl DPotY

This is why I hate the game now, it's become just a test to see who can get the most BS plays to tip in their favor. Everyone has these money plays that you have to be lucky to stop and almost half the league's leading passing weapons are tight ends

:lol is that what you think? i can only recommend to people to learn to play as the secondary if you are having trouble w/ TE's. there are only 3 teams in the league that i have played that i would classify as having a big time target at TE (cowboys, giants, chargers), and all 3 were easily shut down by simply playing as the safety on that side.

the only "money" play in the game is the High Target pass that can be completed nearly 100% of the time, even in heavy coverage. the only way to stop it is to get pressure on the QB. guess who uses that play the most in the league from what i hear? :D

but anyways, the season is winding down. i'm sure everyone can point to mistakes that they made in their losses that cost them the game. yes, everyone gets unlucky. everyone has "bullshit" go against them, contrary to popular belief. the question is how do you respond to that or capitalize on it when it goes in your favor.

Andokuky

Banned
Wow, want me to go in and look at my PB, then just type up a few plays? your going to sit and tell me you remimber EVERY last play you used? not likely. Doesn't matter, only problem i really had was you having absolutely NO class and going for it on 4th down when the game was over. that's just letting me know ur a statwhore.

And when has anyone complained about my playstyle? i got accused of "jetpacking" ONCE, and i had a logical excuse to do it

-Dallas

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
I don't think anybody I've played against has used BS plays(There have been more than a few BS results, but that's hardly from cheesy playcalling, more just bad luck and momentary lapses in the AI), I can't imagine what you're complaining about. I didn't see the game obviously, but I'm willing to bet that you just got stomped. You've given up 40 points a total of five times in the season, 30 points three more. Somehow I doubt that in 8 games against you, teams are using cheap play and that nobody else is noticing it.

exactly my point. if ck is cheesing how did he lose? how have people beaten him? why has no one else brought it up?

anyways its a moot point. i understand the breaks dont go your way if you miss the playoffs, nothing wrong with saying that. but dont say people are using money plays over and over when they aren't

Rorschach

Anyone know how I can get a hold of sinistar? He's afk most of the day, he won't answer my aim messages when he's not, and he doesn't post here...what to do...

Top Bottom