• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official GAF Madden Season 2 Thread: I'm a Grabowski!

Rorschach

FrenchMovieTheme said:
he'll show up, he's just afk. if he is at the computer he responds immediately. but for some reason he doesn't show up in this thread either
Well, I aimed him the last 2 nights when he wasn't idle...oh well, I'll keep trying.

Miguel

CK's only money play is fumbling forward, because I can never recover fumbles against him. INSTANT 10 YARD GAIN! GO TIKI!

Rorschach

Miguel said:
CK's only money play is fumbling forward, because I can never recover fumbles against him. INSTANT 10 YARD GAIN! GO TIKI!
They're really cleverly disguised forward passes. We're getting japp'd!

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Dallas is...
Last in Points Allowed Per Game (29.5)
Last in Interceptions (11)
Second to last in Sacks (19)
Second to last in Total Rushing Yards Allowed (1808)
Last in Total Passing Yards Allowed (2671)
Third to last in Passing TDs Allowed (21)
Last in Rushing TDs Allowed (26)
Last in Takeaways (17)
Last in Turnover Differential (-17)
Second to Last in Rushing Yards Allowed Per Game (120.5)
Last in Pasing Yards Allowed Per Game (178.1)

... and Dallas is hardly the worst rated D in the game. It has a solid defensive line, and has more 90+ men than my Seahawks do! Although your FS is the one weak spot, but your SS is outstanding. It IS a 3-4 defense though, and those can be tricky from what I understand.

Look, it's OK if you aren't good at playing D. Look at my earlier league scores. I simply couldn't stop anyone, and kept getting burned on big plays. I ended up having to figure out a lot of things largely on my own, but once I did I realized that most of Madden is what YOU do(or don't), not what happens to you. As the saying goes, you have to be good to be lucky.

If you need help, just ask(I did and often). Hell, Wellington wrote a guide for 1up, so he should make himself useful there. :p

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Andokuky said:
Wow, want me to go in and look at my PB, then just type up a few plays? your going to sit and tell me you remimber EVERY last play you used? not likely. Doesn't matter, only problem i really had was you having absolutely NO class and going for it on 4th down when the game was over. that's just letting me know ur a statwhore.

And when has anyone complained about my playstyle? i got accused of "jetpacking" ONCE, and i had a logical excuse to do it

-Dallas

:lol

I'm notorious for keeping notes on all of my opponents, and as such, I keep notes on my own offensive tendencies, including my own playcalling.

If you want to see how crazy I can get about it: http://www.ga-forum.com/showpost.php?p=803505&postcount=534

As for going for it on fourth down, I didn't want you to have the ball, is all.

Andokuky

Banned
As for going for it on fourth down, I didn't want you to have the ball, is all.

Ok, so that makes it ok to show no class, bc hey! you're shutting me out, and OMG! god forbid i get the ball with a few minutes left, im going to make this HUUUUGE comeback! whatever dude. I never once said "i should have won this game" or ANYTHING of the sort. I just pointed out the fact that hey, i got ripped, you cheesed alittle, whatever, game over.

As for other people, i never said "he used money plays" i didn't say anything about money plays. i said he used the same plays.

dallas my post wasn't directed towards you.

This is why I hate the game now, it's become just a test to see who can get the most BS plays to tip in their favor. Everyone has these money plays that you have to be lucky to stop and almost half the league's leading passing weapons are tight ends

This is Denver btw and I only saw 2 plays of the game so sorry if it seems like I am siding with anyone, I really couldn't care less. One less game to be done before the season is over.

it was in reply to that

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Fuck, you two need to stop using the same account. Totally thought that Dallas wrote the "This is why" post. Sorry. :(

Miguel

Andokuky said:
Ok, so that makes it ok to show no class, bc hey! you're shutting me out, and OMG! god forbid i get the ball with a few minutes left, im going to make this HUUUUGE comeback! whatever dude. I never once said "i should have won this game" or ANYTHING of the sort. I just pointed out the fact that hey, i got ripped, you cheesed alittle, whatever, game over.

As for other people, i never said "he used money plays" i didn't say anything about money plays. i said he used the same plays.

If they're not money plays, and they're "the same plays", then I don't see a problem in saying "stop him". I've played CK enough to know he regularly mixes it up. I can't sit on anything because I'll normally get creamed. (and I have :()

My normal style defense gets torched by CK, I have to adjust :p :(

CK is the fucking Bill Parcells of Madden. :|

Oddly enough, I have to resort to jap plays :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
No offense to anyone, but I don't need dudes defending me, I am a big boy.

As far as Ando jr. goes, fine, I admit I was in the wrong with going for it on that fourth down in the fourth quarter. I was on my 34 yard line and I felt that even if I didn't make it my D would have held. It was a bad move on my part.

Miguel

Hitokage said:
Mig: I know you're just trying to quote somebody, but please... you're overdoing it. :p

The Jap Plays? :p

Or are you talking about something else? :p

Only thiny I've quoted is jap plays :)

Rors <3s Andre Japson.

Andokuky

Banned
I gave him a charter email address to use to sign up for an account here and he did but it doesn't let him post in this part of the forum. Maybe someone can explain that to me and we can fix it.

DMczaf

18 carries, 156 yards, 1 TD

Whats his name, FMT? Whats his NAME!!!

Cadillac_Eldorado_Convertible_1976_01.jpg

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Sickboy, what are your available times for our game.

I may be the toughest one to deal with, I get up at 5 AM EST every weekday morning. :D

For those who I'm supposed to play, let me know your schedule of avail. Usually 8PM PST for me, weekends are pretty open in the afternoon. Find me in #ga or sometimes on AIM, WsbiKing. Sorry for pulling a Mr. Bob!

SickBoy

Wasabi and Wellington

My schedule:

Get back home around 11p.m. MT for the rest of the week. Have limited-to-no availability during the day.

Saturday I have off, can probably squeeze a game (or games) in before noon. Saturday's preferable to Sunday. But if evening is required, Sunday evening is good. Saturday is already booked.

here is the playoff format:

AFC (if sickboy wins out and archaix wins his final game)

*Wild Card*

Steelers @ Broncos

Bye: Chargers

AFC (if sickboy loses one game or more and archaix wins his final game)

*Wild Card*

Steelers @ Chargers

AFC (if archaix loses his final game, and bob wins his final game, replace mrbob w/ archaix in above matchups)

---------

NFC (Already set)

Buccaneers @ Giants

Bye: 49ers

---------------

Almost time ladies!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
SickBoy said:
Wasabi and Wellington

My schedule:

Get back home around 11p.m. MT for the rest of the week. Have limited-to-no availability during the day.

Saturday I have off, can probably squeeze a game (or games) in before noon. Saturday's preferable to Sunday. But if evening is required, Sunday evening is good. Saturday is already booked.

Saturday is fine with me, though I may have to work. Would Saturday at 5 PM EST work for you?

SickBoy

Drunk Wasabi it is :)

But seriously, tomorrow is fine by me.

Just a word of caution, I'm car-pooling with the wife, who may have to stay late at work at some point in the next two days. Not sure yet about tomorrow -- outlook is of a late night, but in the end, co-workers and organizational stuff will make the difference (the next 4 weeks or so are busy for her).

By late night, I should note that she has only once ever had to stay past midnight MT once. So assuming that's not excessively late for you, I should be available by 12:30 MT at the latest. I will try to update here if and when I hear anything.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
FrenchMovieTheme said:
actually, to my NFC playoff pals, we can start anytime since our division is set. or would you guys rather wait until everyone starts?

let me know dm/ck.

I'd rather wait. I am still researching/practicing for Sickboy and I don't want to mess that up for an incomplete practice session for DM. DM, is Sunday fine?

Hopefully Bob is left out of the playoffs so we can get a move on with these games. :lol

SickBoy said:
By late night, I should note that she has only once ever had to stay past midnight MT once. So assuming that's not excessively late for you, I should be available by 12:30 MT at the latest. I will try to update here if and when I hear anything.
No problem, if I'm not around, maybe we can fit in a game this weekend. I'll try to be available then. Thanks!

Miguel

MrFlake, I'll be available tonight around 8. BE THERE. You said yourself that whatever show you watch is a rerun today. >:O

Mrbob

Miguel said:
MrFlake, I'll be available tonight around 8. BE THERE. You said yourself that whatever show you watch is a rerun today. >:O

I won't be home till about 9PM central tonight suck it down!

You can lose then. :D

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
FrenchMovieTheme said:
oh shit! archaix said PLAY YOUR GAME BITCH IT DOESN'T MATTER ANYWAYS!

only the raiders can save you now bob. you better suck up to rors big time

I posted that after we finished the game, that's why Bob is moot.

MOOT MOOT MOOT!

Mrbob

NOOOOOOooooooooooo RORS why. :(

Well at least someone else has a chance to win it all, since the Madden gods decided to keep me out of the playoffs on purpose after what happened in my game against Hito. ;)

Rorschach

Wow that game was bullshit luck...
Collins decides to throw it nowhere NEAR the receiver I was throwing to (the opposite side of the field :lol) for the winning INT TD. (he did this twice, with no one hitting him or anywhere near him, but that one I just made me sigh)
I recover a fumble, but I don't get the ball.
2 FF, but no recoveries.
My Secondary still can't catch shit, I had to get the only INT myself. :lol
I miss a tackle due to a lag spike and oops there goes ward!
Huge anderson drops ftl..seriously, wtf! You're cut!
Anyone notice that sometimes it won't let you throw the ball after a PA fake?

I love this game, but the last 6 games it has shown me how much it hates me. I should just retire. :lol

No offense to Archaix, though. He played a great game and he has a stifling Defense...poor Jordan :lol

[edit]...haha just noticed all the smileys...but seriously, I'm laughing hystericaly right now.

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Mrbob said:
NOOOOOOooooooooooo RORS why. :(

Well at least someone else has a chance to win it all, since the Madden gods decided to keep my out of the playoffs on purpose after what happened in my game against Hito. ;)

The Madden gods were seriously out to get you. While driving for little more than to waste time near the end of the game, I completed a pass to Haynes with a huge gain after the catch. Then he got hit and fumbled the ball. It stayed in place for a good while, and Haynes lay on the ground entirely uninterested in getting it. Meanwhile, the Raiders defenders ran around in circles and one jumped on the ball. Inexplicably, the next play was first and ten for the Steelers.

My guess? The defender, in all of his running around in circles by the sidelines nonsense, actually jumped from out of bounds to grab it, never establishing himself in the field of play, and therefore negating the recovery.

Or at least that's what I'll continue to claim until my last breath.

Mrbob

HANGING CHAD! HANGING CHAD! I DEMAND A RECOUNT AND A REPLAY TO THE FINISH OF THIS GAME! LOL maybe this is a cursed season for me! :lol

Rorschach

Mrbob said:
HANGING CHAD! HANGING CHAD! I DEMAND A RECOUNT AND A REPLAY TO THE FINISH OF THIS GAME! LOL maybe this is a cursed season for me! :lol
It's madden...it was bs, but sometimes madden is bs. You lose!

Top Bottom