• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Madden '17 PS4 Online League Thread: DOTA is dead, long live DOTA

nintendo is pushing their luck. game system with cell phone level power for $300, controllers for $70, no pack in game, paying for online that is likely to be shit.... i already preordered (best buy) but i'm not sure how much of a market there is for nintendo here unless they've got some aces up their sleeve.

of course the first round of consoles is going to sell out (just like wiiU did) but it doesn't look like they have learned much in 5 years

Yea I'm gonna buy it just because I didn't have a Wii U and I did miss nintendo games, but I am NOT happy about the paid online. I Blame Microsoft for starting this shit

Somnia

Curious how much they'll charge for online.

The NES/SNES game a month with added online though is nice, depending on what they give.

LOL

Everyone shits on it. Then, BUT ILL STILL BUY IT!

Phee was right.

it's more of i'm disappointed in a lot of the shit i saw/heard, but not enough to skip on zelda/splatoon/mario.

although if there isn't much of a difference between wiiU zelda and switch i might wait until the fall to buy one

ovGYedx.gif

CB3

intangibles, motherfucker
Ill get one when Mario launches.

Im not supporting that shit show until that day. Im not lacking in systems that can play Zelda/Skyrim/RAYMAN LEGENDS.

to summarize:

$300
no pack in
paid online
your "free game" (ala ps+/XBG) is a one month rental of a nes/snes game (which you don't get to keep)
$70 pro controller
you have to use your own cell phone for voice chat on the system
2.5 - 6 hour battery life
you can feel ice cubes in your joy con?

Mrbob

The only good thing about tonight are the JoyConBoyz might have real haptic feedback, which is a huge step up from the bullshit rumble feature other controllers have. Maybe Sony and MS will step up their game now because if it is true haptic feedback I've been waiting years for this.

That might also explain why the pro controller is 70 dollars.

to summarize:

$300
no pack in
paid online
your "free game" (ala ps+/XBG) is a one month rental of a nes/snes game (which you don't get to keep)
$70 pro controller
you have to use your own cell phone for voice chat on the system
2.5 - 6 hour battery life
you can feel ice cubes in your joy con?

Nintendo in 2017 LUL?

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Same cycle with every Nintendo console. Buy it for Zelda, Mario, Smash Bros, Mario Kart. Play the shit out of it while people are interested. Let it collect dust for 3 years.

I bought a Wii U and I played it for like a month. It was fun for that one month tho.

Somnia

You can play it on the small WiiU controller screen.

In 480p? Nah I'm good. Also the games coming after Zelda aren't on WiiU and I don't own a WiiU so I'm good with getting a Switch.

RE: The $70 pro controller I assume it's due to the haptic vibration like Bob said and it has an amiibo reader in it.

Also you don't get to keep your ps+ and gwg games either if you ever cancel, they're just rentals. Though unlike Nintendo you can play beyond that month, that part is pretty stupid of them.

Smokey

Nintendo hasn't learned shit. It's amazing. Ded and mobile by 2019.

Pay $400+ for a cell phone tier console with 32gb brehs

If I don't preorder a switch I'm guessing the trickle of awful information about how garbage the system is will put me off one by March. So I guess I have to preorder!

Somnia

Nintendo hasn't learned shit. It's amazing. Ded and mobile by 2019.

Pay $400+ for a cell phone tier console with 32gb brehs

I'm looking at it as a handheld device I can also happen to hook up to my TV. $300 isn't that bad and 32gb isn't that crazy for a handheld. I do agree 32gb is way too low, patches, etc. could kill that real fast. One advantage is they don't have to fully install the games like ps4/xb1 because of the carts so that will help some I guess. Thankfully it just uses microsd so that's cheap to increase.

BigAT

Would be the same with the exchange

3.png

So the only two games I'd be interested in during the first 8 months are WiiU ports. I have a preorder in because why not, but between the price and the fact that it might not even be the best place to play Zelda I can't see any realistic possibility of me buying it at launch.

Mrbob

What do you mean not best place to play Zelda? Wouldn't it be better than the Wii U version. I'm still leaning towards getting Zelda on Wii U because outside of Splatoon 2 and Mario there is nothing else that interests me.

BigAT

What do you mean not best place to play Zelda? Wouldn't it be better than the Wii U version. I'm still leaning towards getting Zelda on Wii U because outside of Splatoon 2 and Mario there is nothing else that interests me.

Has there been anything to say this thing is definitively more powerful than a WiiU? I know that's a low ass bar to get over, but this is a Nintendo made tablet we're talking about.

Mrbob

Has there been anything to say this thing is definitively more powerful than a WiiU? I know that's a low ass bar to get over, but this is a Nintendo made tablet we're talking about.

Good point. I need to know Zelda differences as well before pre ordering. Otherwise I'll get the game on Wii U.

Top Bottom