• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

Striker

Completed my game, Georgia Tech are turrible.

Going to be a real challenge to be in the Nat'l Title game - two human games left on the schedule barring a collapse against Duke. BPH also has two human games left - won't be easy for either of us.

Also, USC is currently #2 and I'm not so sure they'll lose any. :|

I got a transfer failed after finishing my game but when I retried it worked. Here's hoping that somehow does not screw me over on the advance.

Also, Josh Williams got injured and is out for 3 games. There goes his Heisman hopes. Hopefully he'll be back in time for the ACCCG.
Williams should have it no matter what. Unless Kanzolo's HB goes Barry Sanders on some teams and he wins out.

GCQuinton

Week Ten Scores:

Army (GCQ) 37, Ball State 10
#3 Pitt (Striker) 41, Georgia Tech 0
Navy (Nightz) 27, #23 Notre Dame 14
#9 Clemson (Az) 31, Florida State 9
Air Force (Drizz) 31, Western Kentucky 7
#6 Rutgers (BigAT) 35, Cincinnati 3
#5 Ole Miss (KanZolo) 53, Texas A&M 17

Week Ten Games Remaining:

#1 Minnesota (BPH) vs Iowa
#11 Colorado (MrCWS) vs Purdue

Big Ten's slackin'. Deadline's tonight at 11 ET!

KanZolo

It's definitely possible. In past two games my backup has like 5 tds and nearly 500 yds while filling in for injured Pollock (two mild concussions in as many games).

So as long as he stays healthy I could steal it, though dunno if I want to give him an excuse to leave 2 years early.

MrCWS83

Two consecutive shutouts. Trey still wants to go to NYC. Just sit back and wait to see if BPH comes into Boulder undefeated or limping after defeat from Striker

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Eleven Games

Army (GCQ) vs Air Force (Drizz)
#1 Minnesota (BPH) vs #3 Pitt (Striker)
Navy (Nightz) vs Troy
#9 Clemson (Az) vs Maryland
#6 Rutgers (BigAT) vs #4 UCF
#5 Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #21 Auburn

IDLE: #11 Colorado (MrCWS)

Week Eleven Headlines

#1 Minnesota vs #3 Pitt Headlines This Week's "Showdown Saturday"
Army Has Revenge On Their Minds As They Prepare For Air Force
Rutgers, UCF Face Off For Big East Supremacy
2016 Award Semifinalists Announced

Player of the Week

Dustin Davis, DE, Colorado
20-0 W Against Purdue
7 tackles, 3 TFL, ATK, 2 sacks, FF

Rankings

Minnesota - #1 Coaches, #2 Media, #1 BCS
Pittsburgh - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Ole Miss - #5 Coaches, #5 Media, #5 BCS
Rutgers - #6 Coaches, #7 Media, #6 BCS
Clemson - #9 Coaches, #11 Media, #11 BCS
Colorado - #11 Coaches, #8 Media, #10 BCS

Game of the Week

Minnesota vs Pitt

WEEK ELEVEN DEADLINE IS MONDAY!

Nightz

Wow, my defense blew up in that game against Troy.

6 fumbles forced/recovered, 4 picks. 4 TD's. Mike Ridgeway should get some recognition for POTW honors with 3 picks, 1 FR, 1 TD.

KanZolo

Wow, my defense blew up in that game against Troy.

6 fumbles forced/recovered, 4 picks. 4 TD's. Mike Ridgeway should get some recognition for POTW honors with 3 picks, 1 FR, 1 TD.
My cb has 2 picks, one for 6, in first 2 minutes so he may have some competition

MrCWS83

In real life news, the University of Michigan got verbals from six 4* kids for 2013 class yesterday. Feels good man
Yesterday morning I listened to a weekly Huskers radio show and they were talking about recruits and Junior day. I don't into the recruiting much and I've never heard of that, is it relatively new and a national thing?

I think Michigan and Ohio St are going to run the Big Ten for the next 5 to 10 years. Nebraska will be like Penn St has been in the Big Ten, mediocre with an occasional Rose Bowl but I don't even expect to see that until Bo Pelini is gone

Striker

BPH, when will you be available tonight? Write back a time - I won't be online until quite later on, but I'm off today and tomorrow as well.

MrCWS83

I just recruited online and it messed up twice...I'd finish talking to a player and I'd click to go back to my recruiting board and on two different occassions it sent me a huge number of players that I'm not recruiting and couldn't get back to who I'm going after. Anyways I've got 3 hours remaining and I'll finish in the morning if it hasn't been advanced yet...not sure where everyone stands this week besides the game of the week

Nightz

I just recruited online and it messed up twice...I'd finish talking to a player and I'd click to go back to my recruiting board and on two different occassions it sent me a huge number of players that I'm not recruiting and couldn't get back to who I'm going after. Anyways I've got 3 hours remaining and I'll finish in the morning if it hasn't been advanced yet...not sure where everyone stands this week besides the game of the week

Yeah it's messed up. It'll take you to a random team's recruiting board, so I wouldn't use it. If you use the old site, it looks to be working fine.

Edit: I'm assuming these games won't get played tonight?

Yeah it's messed up. It'll take you to a random team's recruiting board, so I wouldn't use it. If you use the old site, it looks to be working fine.

I'd say no. Striker, wanna schedule our game for late afternoon or evening? 3-4 or 7-8 central? Let me know.

MrCWS83

That's a my assumption...is there multiple games left?

Striker

I'd say no. Striker, wanna schedule our game for late afternoon or evening? 3-4 or 7-8 central? Let me know.

Sorry man, never slept yesterday and passed out around 7 EST.

Up to you, I can arrange around things today that I plan on doing here to accommodate our game.

Late afternoon or the evening sounds fine, though.

MrCWS83

I'm working Tuesday and Thursday BPH so if you guys get your game in early this evening/late afternoon maybe we could get our game in tonight. Wednesday night I have a big union meeting and vote for board members so that just leaves Wednesday afternoon and early evening

KanZolo

Yesterday morning I listened to a weekly Huskers radio show and they were talking about recruits and Junior day. I don't into the recruiting much and I've never heard of that, is it relatively new and a national thing?

I think Michigan and Ohio St are going to run the Big Ten for the next 5 to 10 years. Nebraska will be like Penn St has been in the Big Ten, mediocre with an occasional Rose Bowl but I don't even expect to see that until Bo Pelini is gone
Yeah I see big ten as big two for a while as well. Not sure about what junior day is all about, I'm sure it is a more recent thing.

And UofM finished the weekend with EIGHT 4* kids. Fun stuff.

MrCWS83

Yeah I see big ten as big two for a while as well. Not sure about what junior day is all about, I'm sure it is a more recent thing.

And UofM finished the weekend with EIGHT 4* kids. Fun stuff.

Nebraska has the facilities, money to get things turned around. I feel like they're stuck in a rut like Oklahoma was in the beginning of the 90's until they got Stoops or Alabama was this past decade until they got Saban. Thing is those two schools went through probations, they've just had poor coaching choices. Hopefully the big time donors put the heat on and they'll have a new coach who hires some kick ass recruiters on the staff and can coach the kids up.

BPH salivates for Chris Peterson but that guy has seen previous BSU coaches (Hawkins, Koetter, Nutt) leave and eventually get fired. I think Boise will thrive in the Big East so no need to leave for another BCS gig.

I researched Urban Meyer and Nick Saban's coaching tree and settled on Colorado State's new coach Jim McElwain (Saban's OC he just lost). That's who I'd like to see take over for Nebraska in a few years when he gets CSU going in the Mountain West or whatever it'll become, MWCUSA.

We've got more of these than your team. Owl, nananana booboo stick your head in doodoo we're better than you :)
Nebraska-trophies-300x225.jpg

Nebraska has the facilities, money to get things turned around. I feel like they're stuck in a rut like Oklahoma was in the beginning of the 90's until they got Stoops or Alabama was this past decade until they got Saban. Thing is those two schools went through probations, they've just had poor coaching choices. Hopefully the big time donors put the heat on and they'll have a new coach who hires some kick ass recruiters on the staff and can coach the kids up.

BPH salivates for Chris Peterson but that guy has seen previous BSU coaches (Hawkins, Koetter, Nutt) leave and eventually get fired. I think Boise will thrive in the Big East so no need to leave for another BCS gig.

I researched Urban Meyer and Nick Saban's coaching tree and settled on Colorado State's new coach Jim McElwain (Saban's OC he just lost). That's who I'd like to see take over for Nebraska in a few years when he gets CSU going in the Mountain West or whatever it'll become, MWCUSA.

We've got more of these than your team. Owl, nananana booboo stick your head in doodoo we're better than you :)
Nebraska-trophies-300x225.jpg

=D GO BIG RED! I hope Bo leaves next season and we get a coach that actually knows what the hell he is doing.

Good game Striker. My offense really nosedived after my starting QB went out. He missed 2 open guys for possible touchdowns by overthrows. My offensive line, for the first time in a while couldn't block anyone... pretty depressing when you can't use your 'bread and butter'.

EDIT: Holy shit! I just looked at the injury report and my QB, RB, TE and WR were hurt in the game. The only one that has a shot to come back next week is my RB. Son of a bitch... I'm screwed....

Striker

GG bro. Both running games really were struggling to create holes early on. Thankfully my guys started moving the DL and making big holes, made the day easy for Calvin Hall. Since he had 181 yards, 2 TD's on the day, I am curious to where it shifts his Heisman status. That dang fumble - I knew it was coming, and I forgot to change it on my adjustments. Heinz and McCollum hardly fumble so I got some carries for them in.

I'll miss a bunch of these guys next season. The RDE Cole was locking down your LT in the run game and was always in your backs face. He's not much of a pass rush guy, but he's stout vs. the run this season.

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Week Twelve Games

Army (GCQ) vs Rice
#5 Minnesota (BPH) vs #9 Colorado (MrCWS)
#2 Pitt (Striker) vs Duke
Navy (Nightz) vs Ball State
#6 Clemson (Az) vs NC State
Air Force (Drizz) vs ECU
#3 Rutgers (BigAT) vs Notre Dame

IDLE: #4 Ole Miss (KanZolo)

Week Twelve Headlines

Pitt Defeats Minnesota Putting Them In BCS Drivers Seat
Army Escapes Air Force With A 24-17 Victory
Rutgers Hope To Enter The BCS Title Race With A Win Against Notre Dame
Is Josh Williams A Lock For The Heisman?

Player of the Week

Ron Ware, DE, Clemson
48-10 W Against Maryland
4 tackles, 4 TFL, 7 ATK, 4 sacks, 2 FF

Rankings

Pittsburgh - #2 Coaches, #1 Media, #2 BCS
Rutgers - #3 Coaches, #3 Media, #3 BCS
Ole Miss - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Minnesota - #5 Coaches, #5 Media, #5 BCS
Clemson - #6 Coaches, #9 Media, #8 BCS
Colorado - #9 Coaches, #6 Media, #9 BCS
Army - #25 Media, #25 BCS

Game of the Week

Minnesota vs Colorado

WEEK TWELVE DEADLINE IS TUESDAY!

BigAT

No wonder USC is undefeated. They played FCS schools for their non-conference. Booo!

In NCAA 10, in my offline franchise I was stuck behind an Oklahoma team that had THREE victories against FCS opponents. I had no FCS teams on my schedule, was undefeated and I was still ranked behind them.

MrCWS83

GG BPH. That by far goes down as my worst game in NCAA history. Years of frustration for you against me just got released.

As we were in the pregame scene I saw my ratings against yours and realized this team of mine stinks. My QBs are awful we really miss Talley. Two interceptions in the endzone could write a different story but bottom line you beat my ass.

You seemed like you got all the breaks, broken tackles, scrambling, tackled forward for first downs.

I expect to play you again but not sure of a different outcome with such a difference in talent

Good game CWS... I dunno what to say... I wasn't expecting much after the debacle that was the Pitt game. Somehow my team woke up and played out of their minds. Everytime you had a great drive, my defense picked you off in the endzone. :\

05da6390-5de9-5d53-bb3f-35a75b5c529a.image.jpg

Nightz

Wow, Ball State took my team to the limit. Ended up getting the game winning TD with just under a minute left, but they drove down the field like nothing at the end. Thankfully I was able to prevent that last TD.

Also:
LOL at the Heisman race. I think an HB is gonna win it. =P

Sucks that I still didn't get the 'beat a rival' goal even after beating Army and Notre Dame. :(

GCQuinton

Wow, Ball State took my team to the limit. Ended up getting the game winning TD with just under a minute left, but they drove down the field like nothing at the end. Thankfully I was able to prevent that last TD.

Also:
LOL at the Heisman race. I think an HB is gonna win it. =P

Sucks that I still didn't get the 'beat a rival' goal even after beating Army and Notre Dame. :(

Not happening again!

Had a nice little battle with Rice myself earlier today myself. The majority of these CPU conference games have been pleasantly competitive.

And oh yeah, STRIKKKKKERRRRRRRRRR (and AT)!

Top Bottom