• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official NCAA Football 12 Online Dynasty "League A" (X360) Thread

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Conference Championship Week Games

Conference USA Championship: #13 Navy (Nightz) vs Air Force (Drizz)
ACC Championship: #8 Pitt (Striker) vs #4 Clemson (Az)
SEC Championship: #7 Rutgers (BigAT) vs #1 Ole Miss (KanZolo)
Big Ten Championship: #2 Minnesota (BPH) vs Penn State

Conference Championship Week Headlines

All-Human Games Abound This Conference Championship Week
Rutgers Looks To Win Their First SEC Title Against Top Ranked Ole Miss
Can Air Force Put An End To Navy's CUSA 2.0 Reign?
Clemson's Hoping For Some Upsets, But Isn't Looking Past Pitt

Rankings

Ole Miss - #1 Coaches, #1 Media, #1 BCS  
Minnesota - #2 Coaches, #2 Media, #2 BCS
Clemson - #4 Coaches, #4 Media, #4 BCS
Rutgers - #7 Coaches, #8 Media, #7 BCS
Pittsburgh - #8 Coaches, #9 Media, #9 BCS
Navy - #13 Coaches, #13 Media, #12 BCS
Army - #21 Coaches, #21 Media, #20 BCS

CONFERENCE CHAMPIONSHIP WEEK DEADLINE IS THURSDAY!

Nightz

Forgot about recruiting for Week 15, so here's what's gonna happen. After I advance (which I'm doing now) everybody's got till 11:30 PM ET to get Week 15 recruiting done. Then I advance to the conference championships. Get it done!

EDIT: Advanced. Get to it!
You advanced at 8:29 while I was in the middle of recruiting during my Madden game! lol

Any chance you can play tonight Nightz? My offense is especially terrible so far if it's any motivation.

Sorry, probably not tonight. Got home later than expected and got some stuff to do.

Striker, let me know your availability tomorrow.

Should be home around 4:45pm and then I have some work to do around 7pm. So hopefully we can get finished up before that. If not, I can probably go later in the night.

Nightz

Fixed!

You didn't post anything and I saw you already had a few hours used, so I thought you were done.

Nah it wasn't a big deal haha. I only had two 1* FB's left on my board and had a pretty good cushion for both anyways. Would have said something if it was a position of immediate need.

Striker

Striker, let me know your availability tomorrow.

Should be home around 4:45pm and then I have some work to do around 7pm. So hopefully we can get finished up before that. If not, I can probably go later in the night.
Probably later in the evening.

We will have a better chance Thursday some time. Is that good for you?

GCQ said:
Can Air Force Put An End To Navy's CUSA 2.0 Reign?
YES WE CAN!

GG Nightz, I finally get to go to a real bowl! C-USA Trophy is lame though.
Hope you weren't bothered by my boring 2nd half offense and 4th Quarter defense. With the way our QBs were playing I just wanted to end it.

Nightz

GG. Your defense was on in this game and Tebow was just off with his passes...made for a horrible combination on my end. He hadn't had a game like that all season. Picked the best time to do it.

KanZolo

GG, AT. Like the first game, couldn't put any points on the board right before half due to interception. Except this time I couldn't overcome it.

Was an inch away from sealing it up but couldn't get the last first down.

BigAT

GG, AT. Like the first game, couldn't put any points on the board right before half due to interception. Except this time I couldn't overcome it.

Was an inch away from sealing it up but couldn't get the last first down.

GG, I'm pretty sure that would have been an amazing game to watch. Defensive battle throughout, very back and forth, including two lead changes in the final 1:30 (and nearly a third). I had to change shirts after the game. My defense had a lot of big stops on third and shorts throughout the game. Both of our games this season were very good.

Rutgers manages to score the upset and take home the SEC title during their first year in the conference. After being awarded the SEC Championship trophy, Rutgers' head coach took a can of black spray paint out of his back pocket and wrote Big East on the SEC Commissioner's chest.

GCQuinton

I guess the Pac 12 Championship between Washington and USC just got a little more important. If USC wins, the Owl still may have a shot at the title game. Az/Clemson could move up like they did in Year 6 too, setting up a rematch with BPH.

KanZolo

I guess the Pac 12 Championship between Washington and USC just got a little more important. If USC wins, the Owl still may have a shot at the title game. Az/Clemson could move up like they did in Year 6 too, setting up a rematch with BPH.

Interesting, wasn't aware of that. First and last time I'll cheer for USC

Striker

GG, Striker. My backup QB is just horrendous. Once you figured that out and focused on the run, the game was yours.
GG. Yeah he made some errant throws. The gaps your OL was making throughout, not to mention Williams breaking tackle after tackle, I thought I was in for a long game after the 1st.

Got some fortunate plays, notably the long screen to Freshman HB Thompson. But my OL stunk again, ran only 4.0 YPC between Freeman and Thomas. Absolutely terrible. At least the defense stepped up when it mattered.

BTW, the Williams-Sanchez Heisman Race came down to ONE point.

GCQuinton

Weekly%20Preview%2012.jpg

Bowl Season Games

Beef O'Brady's Bowl: #25 Navy (Nightz) vs Connecticut
TicketCity Bowl: #19 Army (GCQ) vs #22 Purdue
Rose Bowl: #3 Ole Miss (KanZolo) vs #7 USC
Allstate Sugar Bowl: #9 Clemson (Az) vs #5 Arizona State
Orange Bowl: #4 Pitt (Striker) vs #6 SMU
Tostitos Fiesta Bowl: Air Force (Drizz) vs #10 TCU
BCS National Championship: #1 Minnesota (BPH) vs #2 Rutgers (BigAT)

Bowl Season Headlines

Shakedown Saturday: Upsets In All-Human Controlled Conference Championships Shake Up The BCS...
...Resulting In Rutgers Returning To BCS Title Game Against Minnesota
Joel Sanchez (Minnesota) Edges Josh Williams (Clemson) By A Point (1754-1753) To Win Heisman In The Closest Race In League History
This Is Becoming A Thing: Army Meets Purdue Yet Again In TicketCity Bowl
Arizona State Looking Forward To Playing Their Old Coach Az In Sugar Bowl

Heisman Trophy Winner

Joel Sanchez, HB, Minnesota

BOWL SEASON DEADLINE IS SUNDAY!

BigAT

Dat SEC. I'd feel worse about this if I didn't get screwed out of the championship last season.

BPH, I have a Madden game in 15 minutes but I can play after that is done if you want to do it tonight. Tomorrow night is iffy for me, although I should be around most of the day.

BCS team, not ranked.

Dat SEC. I'd feel worse about this if I didn't get screwed out of the championship last season.

BPH, I have a Madden game in 15 minutes but I can play after that is done if you want to do it tonight. Tomorrow night is iffy for me, although I should be around most of the day.

Gonna be busy watching the Panthers beat up on Jersey?

Poor Josh Williams. He actually did deserve it this year. I think Sanchez had a few more yards, but Williams had like 30 TDs.

And he now holds the NCAA records for both career yards and TDs. Oh well.

Air Force wins the Fiesta Bowl 28-3! Senior HB Brown dominated on one side of the ball with 122 yards and 1 TD on 21 carriers while senior DT Hall handled the other racking up 3 sacks. TCU put together some drives but seemed to come up just short on third down again and again outside of FG range.

How about Saturday? I won't be home until late Friday night.

Poor Josh Williams. He actually did deserve it this year. I think Sanchez had a few more yards, but Williams had like 30 TDs.

And he now holds the NCAA records for both career yards and TDs. Oh well.
Holy shit what crazy final week. I can't believe he won by 1 vote.

farooq-wwe-damn.gif

Nightz

• No more psychic DB's, DB's have to see the ball, before they can make a play on the ball
  • 25 different pass trajectory zones (Drop it over LB's, lead your receiver using left stick)
  • 20+ new dropbacks, including new screen play dropbacks
  • New rollout passing animations, will still be difficult to complete passes throwing against your body, as you will not have enough arm strength
  • Icons are dimmed out, until they are actually "ready" to make a catch
  • Available in stores July 10th
http://www.operationsports.com/news...ychic-dbs-25-different-pass-trajectory-zones/

Can't see the video here at work, but I'll be sold if the first one is truly fixed.

BigAT

How about Saturday? I won't be home until late Friday night.
I should be able to do Saturday.

http://www.operationsports.com/news...ychic-dbs-25-different-pass-trajectory-zones/

Can't see the video here at work, but I'll be sold if the first one is truly fixed.
I'll believe it when I see it for psychic DB's. They've said that's done so many times it's hard to actually believe them. The new passing trajectories makes me happy. It's so frustrating to have passes to even really deep routes knocked down by LBs in short zones and having the only alternative being a rainbow pass with more hangtime than a punt. The new dropbacks are cool as well if they're executed accurately.

The tone of the video definitely seems to indicate that the emphasis will be on the passing game this year.

GCQuinton

Army defeats Purdue 17-7 in the TicketCity Bowl to close out a 9-4 season. Little disappointed that it wasn't another 10 or 11 win season, but I probably gave myself too difficult of a schedule to start. Ah, well. On to Season 9, the beginning of the David Hill era. Let's hope he can get us a CUSA title, or potentially more than that, to close these last two seasons out!

Striker

Just noticed my KR Erik Jarvis was way on the bottom in the RET awards. Over 800 KR yards with two TD's. Dang voting. :(

Played my Bowl game. The SMU QB was one of the finalists somewhere in the Awards, but he was pretty dang good that game. 3 TD's, avoiding pressure, and broke two tackles like he was Emmitt Smith. Ended up taking the game away in the end, scoring on a late drive, and then they ended up getting sacked twice to end the game.

BigAT

GG BPH. I felt like I stopped the run pretty well early on (aside from the huge one right before the half, which was brutal), but then my secondary was absolutely invisible. Way too many third down conversions given up and then too many dumb INTs on my end. Congrats.

Good game AT. I still have no idea how your WR caught it around 4 defenders. I almost screwed myself by just not taking a knee. I believe that was Sanchez's first fumble on the season. After you scored that touchdown I was really sweating it. You didn't quit and I played stupid at the end and it could have cost me.

eKl25.jpg

GCQuinton

Congrats BPH!

Season 8 Length: 3 Weeks, 2 Days (Started on March 22)

Advancing to Coaching Carousel now. You guys should know the deal on that by now, so I'll let you know if something pops up.

Congrats BPH!

Season 8 Length: 3 Weeks, 2 Days (Started on March 22)

Advancing to Coaching Carousel now. You guys should know the deal on that by now, so I'll let you know if something pops up.
Thanks man. It was a tough game at the end, AT didn't quit. (I would have probably had a heart attack if he would have recovered the onside and won by 1.)

I'm going to grab lunch so if I come up in the carousel, just sign an extension with Minnesota.

GCQuinton

Everyone's staying put. Advanced to Players Leaving! The following teams have that to address:

Army (WHAAAAAAA?!)
Clemson
Minnesota
Ole Miss
Pitt
Rutgers

No deadlines but get to it ASAP!

EDIT: Damn, lost all three to transfers. Including one who was gonna be my new #1 CB to Akron of all schools. Redshirted him because we were too deep at CB and he wouldn't have played anyway, now he's probably gonna advance to like an 84-85 as a redshirt freshman. Ugh.

KanZolo

I am losing 17 players rated over 90, includes like 10 starters on defense...

But got all four guys trying to leave early to come back

Top Bottom