• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Uncharted 2: Among Thieves MP Demo Impressions Thread

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
EXGN said:
Are the Uncharted 2 demo codes sharable? I got one and would make a new account specifically for it so I can share with GAF if they are :D

For the last time:

NO. It's a 24-hour lockout.

Stop with this shit.

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
EXGN said:
Are the Uncharted 2 demo codes sharable? I got one and would make a new account specifically for it so I can share with GAF if they are :D

It can be shared, but it isn't ideal. If you shared it with someone, you'd be locked out of it for 24 hours, and the next time you played it, they'd be locked out for 24 hours.

Oni Jazar said:
2) Being forced to throw your treasure so a dirty teammate can take the score from you.
You should get point for just carrying it longer than a set amount of time. But should only work as long as you are moving towards your goal so it isn´t abused.

Tenkai Star said:
You should get point for just carrying it longer than a set amount of time. But should only work as long as you are moving towards your goal so it isn´t abused.
Or have it set up to give everyone points who carried it if your team scores.

TheSeks said:
Capture 1-2-3-4-5.

Heros: 1-2-3-4-5
Enemy: 5-4-3-2-1

Capture a point and the other teams last point (if you're contesting one) opens up for you to capture and vice versa. It becomes a mode where you defend one point as the rest of the team expands/captures a point to hold it so you can get the next point.
Oh, so that must have been the match I played last night where I didn't know what the hell was going on! :lol

Aladuf

Banned
sum bitch, is the demo not connecting right now? I took a lunch break from work to come home and play a few matches but it won't get past the connecting screen. :(

edit: nm, I went back to the XMB and loaded it up again and it worked perfectly.

Captain Pants said:
Here is my favorite moment from the beta so far, I love the Ice Cave level.

Leaving a present for the other team, and getting the hell out of there:
20gzbjt.jpg

dlhp20.jpg

Nice.

This begs for a caption.

Downloaded this yesterday, played for about an hour this morning, and hot damn, I'm going to be playing this for a loooooong time.

PSN is princeakuma23, add me if you want to play. Comp or Co-op.

Still haven't done the Ice Cave, but did do the temple, really liking the Chain reaction mode.

So I only got to play for a bit last night and I just wanted to make sure my eyes werent decieving me.

I saw the shot of the tank, and I was under the impression it was just in the background shooting from time to time. But i thought at one point i actually saw it come through the wall and someone was riding in it shooting? Was this an uncharted dream i had?

From Play's website:
"Pre-Order from Play.com and receive a unique code access the new Uncharted 2: Among Thieves multiplayer BETA. The BETA is due to run from 15th September 2009 to 12th October 2009 (dates subject to change). Code and instructions on how to redeem this offer will be emailed the day after placing your order."

I've just bought it from here after Gamestop have apparently run out of codes and, I swear, if these guys have too I'm going to cut a bitch.

demolitio

TheExecutive said:
What is that mode?

It's almost like WAR mode from COD: World at War. There's 5 places the you have to capture in order one at a time. Once you get the first one, the second unlocks and so on, but if the enemy gets one you have to go back and resecure the one you got before that. If that makes sense.

TheExecutive said:
What is that mode?

You capture and hold a Zone,

5-4-3-2-1 for Villains
1-2-3-4-5 for Heroes

As you capture them, it unlock the next one. Points for kills and zones captured.
Very fun. :D

Would be pretty cool if that spawned optional treasures you could get.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
bernardobri said:
Nope, all the guys either don't know a shit or go around playing One-man army :lol

If you get one, let me know.

Well, we could try it by ourselves. I think it's doable with two people (hell, I did it last night with one off in their own world), just it gets hard to carry the gold to the goal with so many enemies gunning at you/gold carrier and the other person. :lol

Boombloxer said:
You capture and hold a Zone,

5-4-3-2-1 for Villains
1-2-3-4-5 for Heroes

As you capture them, it unlock the next one. Points for kills and zones captured.
Very fun. :D

Would be pretty cool if that spawned optional treasures you could get.

Whoa... sounds like a mode I could get into :D

noah111

Still Alive
Wow, me and KAOz just finished a match of elimination, holly shit! First time i've played the mode, and I loved it.

Basically it's 5 rounds and whoever's team ends up with the more people alive at the end of each game wins the round, then it restarts to play another round.

It ended up being a tie but it was sooo close! Hope I run into that game type more often. :D

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
brandonh83 said:
Have you guys stopped to appreciate the music in the demo? Uncharted 1 had a stellar soundtrack and this one sounds better.

It is really striking. I love it. I usually don't notice game music, but it sounds really good.

Sentry said:
Wow, me and KAOz just finished a match of elimination, holly shit! First time i've played the mode, and I loved it.

Basically it's 5 rounds and whoever's team ends up with the more people alive at the end of each game wins the round, then it restarts to play another round.

It ended up being a tie but it was sooo close! Hope I run into that game type more often. :D

Can we not choose what gametypes we play?

is there a way i can simply record myself running around, doing fuck all?
I dont care about fighting people, for now, I just want to soak up all the goodness.

I cant believe how good this game looks. The direct feed screens from this game look better than bullshots from other games.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
I just cranked up the volume to ears-imploding levels and OMG WTF there is a LOT of ambient sound effects that I was missing before. In the Ice Cave, you can ear the wind for example and in the Temple level I can ear animals sounds (birds, monkeys etc) coming from the jungle above. Heck, I can also hear the flames when I get close to a brazier. Too bad the second I shoot police knocks at my door.

Fix the sound balance ND!

luca_29_bg

I need a code me too! Damn italy...and damn windows 7, if yesterday i read gaf i could pick up a code from ign, but windows 7 not works properly uff :(

Foxix Von

Just got home with a new code and a copy of Qubed. I hope this works, or I will be have no choice but to be filled with a hulk-like fury.

Edit: SUCCESS!!!!!

VQ

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Just noticed the sound dynamic range options. There is a lot to toy around with in there. Normally it's set to Default but I switched to Midnight and sound effects appear to have more "punch".

I suggest everyone having issues with footsteps to set it to Midnight.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Game Analyst said:
I will be playing all day. Gamer tag: salvation
PSN ID .... PSN ID .... PSN ID
Yeah.... PSN ID!
;)

TTP said:
Just noticed the sound dynamic range options. There is a lot to toy around with in there. Normally it's set to Default but I switched to Midnight and sound effects appear to have more "punch".

I suggest everyone having issues with footsteps to set it to Midnight.

Is this in the normal game or cinema mode?

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
TTP said:
I just cranked up the volume to ears-imploding levels and OMG WTF there is a LOT of ambient sound effects that I was missing before. In the Ice Cave, you can ear the wind for example and in the Temple level I can ear animals sounds (birds, monkeys etc) coming from the jungle above. Heck, I can also hear the flames when I get close to a brazier. Too bad the second I shoot police knocks at my door.

Fix the sound balance ND!
Too bad I always play at night and can never crank it up. I'm starting to wonder why I even have a DTS system...

Maybe the ambient sounds are meant to be so subtle though. Might be nice for SP but distracting in SP.

chris0701

The default sound volume in beta is a bit too small, I cranked the volume about 5 unit up on my Aqous for excitement playing.

Lord Error

Insane For Sony
Teetris said:
Too bad I always play at night and can never crank it up. I'm starting to wonder why I even have a DTS system...

Maybe the ambient sounds are meant to be so subtle though. Might be nice for SP but distracting in SP.
Midnight mode is meant for people in your situation. Use it, just as TTP recommended. It's supposed to balance out the sound output so that nothing is too loud or too quiet.

Top Bottom