• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Uncharted 2: Among Thieves MP Demo Impressions Thread

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Anyone knows how many videos can be stored locally? Is it 20?

Also, I'd like to have a "Delete Multiple" option.

If I saw it correct yesterday (it was late though) there's an option to protect a replay. I presume that means you can protect the ones you want to keep and then do a delete all?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Anyone having issues finding games? I just finished one and now... nada. Not finding anything. :(

Darkatomz

Tenkai Star said:
Imma let you finish but first I want to comment those.
Ice cave a plus and a minus? Explain plix.
Rewind would be nice. Hopefully they are just trying to work it out and didn´t get it to work properly in the demo.
And about that getting out of meele. Do a barrel roll!
Don´t think I have gotten one headshot yet.
Elemination, haven´t played elimination yet but yeah that sounds like it need to be fixed.
Haven´t tried they shotgun very much yet. But autoaim is a dish best served to singleplayer only. Or atleast in very small portions in multplayer.
Yea increase dropoff on grenade launcher. Maybe its already like this but I would like to see the dropoff (like when you through grenades) when aiming with grenade launcher. Don´t know if I aimed with the grenade launcher so maybe its already like that.

Europe? Im going to play tonight.

Well Kayne, it was nice to have two new levels, but ice cave itself is meh. The top floor is good for snipers kinda, but other than that, the rest of the map's weapon placements and layout is just not good. As for getting out of a melee fight, I'll have to try rolling out. I always try jumping, and that never gets you far enough lol.

And no, I'm in the US.

ScrabbleBanshee said:
Does any PS3 game? Pretty sure Sony wants this to be your Receiver or TV's job.

Yeah, a lot of them do. The last Uncharted did but I don't think the beta a few months ago did so I doubt this one does either.

Baha

ThirdEngine said:
Gold Rush is a ton better than I thought it would be. Those dudes don't fuck around in the later levels - especially the snipers and the ones who choke you when you get too close. I thought there was a way to take down a riot shield by using hand-to-hand? I know it was in one of the campaign videos from a few months ago but nothing seemed to work.

I believe you have to sneak up behind them if you want to do a takedown. A shot or two from the dragonov kills them too.

Tom Penny said:
If you plug an internet cable directly into your PS3 does it download substantially faster than wireless?
Depends on your router I guess but yeah, it'll probably download a lot quicker using a cat.5.

bernardobri

Steve, the dog with no powers that we let hang out with us all for some reason
Game Analyst said:
Does everyone like the game? Positive or negative feed back is appreciated.

Some feedback I can give at the time being:

- Just like you can swap L1/R1 and L2/R2's functionality, one should be able to swap L3/R3 (I don't think I saw the option)
- Characters should say phrases more often when killing someone or reloading/covering.
- M4 and Grenade Launchers should be more hard to find.
- After each round of Coop Arena, one should be able to get a default round of ammo for weapons.
- Penalty for losing a round in coop arena should be more forgiving, IMO.

And that's all what I can think at the time.

EDIT: Also, there should be an invincibility time after each spawn. I remember a round in Village where the Tank was making an appearance and in a less than a sec after I spawned, the Tank erased me from the map.

Oni Jazar

I've played the earlier beta and I played a bit of this one. There are two things I'm not crazy about:

1) Two players killing each other with melee at the same time. Happens far too often.

&

2) Being forced to throw your treasure so a dirty teammate can take the score from you.

dralla

Forgot to mention a big problem with Elimination, when you die you can follow people on the other team! Than you can give away their position through chat, please for the love of god, remove that.

dralla said:
Forgot to mention a big problem with Elimination, when you die you can follow people on the other team! Than you can give away their position through chat, please for the love of god, remove that.
I've already done that several times. No don't remove it, this isn't SoCom, I don't want it to get too serious.

McLovin

dralla said:
This is the main reason I don't want cross game chat in ps3. They have that crap on 360 and everyone uses it to cheat :mad:

jiggles

Banned
dralla said:

Your team can't hear you when you're dead in Elimination though, can they?

Or do you mean text chat?

EDIT: Text chat, then...

Tom Penny

Does the M4 only do burst fire or can you auto it? I'm thinking it doesn't since you can red dot zoom but I wasn't sure if any weapons had secondary functions.

dralla

BobTheFork said:
I've already done that several times. No don't remove it, this isn't SoCom, I don't want it to get too serious.

if you don't want it to get "too serious" than don't play that mode. it ruins the whole point of that mode.

noah111

Still Alive
Tom Penny said:
Does the M4 only do burst fire or can you auto it? I'm thinking it doesn't since you can red dot zoom but I wasn't sure if any weapons had secondary functions.
You mean the FAL? The M4 is an automatic rifle with no zoom scope like the FAL (red dot), just a standard zoom in. FAL is the rifle that fires 3 shots per burst, and no it can't be switched to automatic.

Anyway, anyone wanna get a party going?

bernardobri

Sentry said:
You mean the FAL? The M4 is an automatic rifle with no zoom scope like the FAL (red dot), just a standard zoom in. FAL is the rifle that fires 3 shots per burst, and no it can't be switched to automatic.

Anyway, anyone wanna get a party going?

Me, I will turn on the console on five mins. (ID: berbrice)

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
Here is my favorite moment from the beta so far, I love the Ice Cave level.

Leaving a present for the other team, and getting the hell out of there:
20gzbjt.jpg

dlhp20.jpg

Kittonwy

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
Gold Rush is a ton better than I thought it would be. Those dudes don't fuck around in the later levels - especially the snipers and the ones who choke you when you get too close. I thought there was a way to take down a riot shield by using hand-to-hand? I know it was in one of the campaign videos from a few months ago but nothing seemed to work.

Take down riot shield from behind.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
I love how when you play the ice level, your clothes have snow all over them.

Another problem from the first beta that is still present: Villains are way too hard to see compared to the Heroes.

bernardobri

Okay, going to play some Coop Arena now. If anyone wants to join, let me know.

TheSeks

Kittonwy said:
Take down riot shield from behind.

Rouges do it from behind. ;)

I got an assassain trophy from doing take down melees from behind the dude in co-op today. Did one on a dude that was choking a teammate. Assassain and LET THEM GO! both popped up on screen. :D

Irish

matrix-cat said:
MOTHERFUCKER. I just pre-ordered the game from Gamestop, look at the e-mail they send me and see this bullshit:
"Your unique pre-order promotion code is Oops! Our system is out of codes. To request your code please send an email to orders@gamestop.com"

FFFFFFUUUUUUUUU

Sorry man, I abused the hell out of that for the sake of GAF. (and family)

I have yet to try co-op (waiting for Bro), but I am terrible at deathmatch. I mean, sometimes I'll get a Fury streak, but then other times I'll only get one or two kills.

TheSeks

bernardobri said:
Okay, going to play some Coop Arena now. If anyone wants to join, let me know.

Did you find a third person?

vulva

Irish said:
Sorry man, I abused the hell out of that for the sake of GAF. (and family)

I have yet to try co-op (waiting for Bro), but I am terrible at deathmatch. I mean, sometimes I'll get a Fury streak, but then other times I'll only get one or two kills.
<3333333 thanks for said abusing

noah111

Still Alive
Just had an awesome chain reaction game on the ice map, that mode can be so fun with both teams are tugging back and forth. We made a pretty sick comeback too..

[EDIT] If anyone wants to join up me and KAOz are already in a party, just add S3NTRY93 or KAOz2000.

Zeliard

BobTheFork said:

Has nothing to do with uber-seriousness. Being able to spectate the other team is just stupid in any sort of competitive game.

TTP

Have a fun! Enjoy!
Sentry said:
Just had an awesome chain reaction game on the ice map, that mode can be so fun with both teams are tugging back and forth. We made a pretty sick comeback too..

I LOVE chain reaction. Finally a NEW game mode besides the usual DM, CTF, whatever. And a very clever one.

bernardobri

TheSeks said:
Did you find a third person?

Nope, all the guys either don't know a shit or go around playing One-man army :lol

If you get one, let me know.

TheSeks

CrayzeeCarl said:
I'm intrigued. What's this chain reaction mode you speak of?

Capture 1-2-3-4-5.

Heros: 1-2-3-4-5
Enemy: 5-4-3-2-1

Capture a point and the other teams last point (if you're contesting one) opens up for you to capture and vice versa. It becomes a mode where you defend one point as the rest of the team expands/captures a point to hold it so you can get the next point.

EXGN

Are the Uncharted 2 demo codes sharable? I got one and would make a new account specifically for it so I can share with GAF if they are :D

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Im probably getting a (new) PS3 this weekend, anynone kind enough to give me a code?:D
its for me, poor old Fersis ;)

Top Bottom