• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox NCAA 2006 Thread! Season I: Madden 2005.5 (pick teams inside!)

i was going to wait until the game was actually out, but this will give us a decent headstart and it can't hurt. this is probably going to be a long first post so please read carefully. first off, observe the following facts:

* Pick your teams here. If there is any conflict (i.e. 2 people want the same team) i will give it to the person who posted first in the interest thread, or to whoever posted first here.

* I know it goes without saying, but i have to say it anyways: This is a sim league, and it should be played as such. Don't be a douche and go for it on every 4th down or run any cheese plays (god knows what they are this year since most of us haven't played). Bottom line is have respect for your fellow GAF pals.

* Please have AIM. It makes everything so much easier as far as setting up games, getting into contact with people and staying in the loop. Please post your AIM nickname and try to be on at least periodically so your opponent knows what's going on

now that those basics are out of the way, here is how the season will go:

* Here is a rough estimate of what our NCAA league will look like, but it will be slightly more advanced depending on a few things (which i will get into in a second): http://www.49ers-age.com/games/index.html

* Basically, as in the MVP league, there will be a form on the standings page where you can input the score of the game and other information. This will be unnecessary depending on how EA structures their game report e-mail feature. For those of you who don't know, EA will e-mail you a "detailed" report on any game you play. If this is still the case this year, then that form will be unnecessary for the NCAA league. All you will need to do is make sure that your account with NCAA is setup to accept game summar e-mails from EA, and then you will simply forward me that e-mail so i can keep track of wins/losses and so on. The league stats will be as detailed as EA's emails are. Because this is much more advanced than what i'm doing with MVP, the odds are i will update wins/losses at the end of each week (as i will be working on inputting numbers throughout the week and though it sounds easy it is time-consuming)

* The format will be as follows: NFL Style. There will be 2 conferences, with 2 divisions in each conference. the number of teams in each division will be dictated by how many people want to play. As such, I don't know how the playoff format will play out. Time will tell.

* The scheduling will is also to be determined, but it will be a "loose" schedule. What I mean by that is that there is no set time limit, per se, as to when you have to finish playing an opponent. Lets say we have a 16 man league. That would be 4 total divisions (Division 1, 2, 3 and 4 for instance). The schedule would look as follows:

- You play everyone in your division 3 times (9 games)
- You play everyone in the other division in your conference 1 time (4 games)
- You play everyone from ONE of the divisions in the other conference once (4 games)

That is 17 games. Not exactly perfect to nfl standards, but oh well.

Although the scheduling is very friendly, don't abuse it by waiting till the last minute to play your games. what i want to avoid is having everyone but a couple people play all their games, then EVERYONE in the league is waiting to play Player A because those are the last games left on their schedule. You don't need to play all 17 games in a week, but try to get some done here and there.

So, if anyone else has anything to add (suggestions comments etc) please do so. I'll have the template and the website for the league up pretty soon (within the next few days) so i will update as needed.

Again, please post your AIM name, and the team that you want here. Remember, if you want to change your team once the game comes out (but before we start the season) that will be fine assuming no one else wants the team you want. Enjoy ladies!

p.s. no way in fuck is anyone getting USC. FUCK YOU!
---------

1. FMT - Minnesota
2. CK - Florida
3. Lonestar - Alabama
4. Matrix - Houston
5. DMczaf - UNLV
6. Konex - Michigan State
7. gstaff - Michigan
8. ramirez - florida state
9. newsguy - miami
10. maverick - pittsburgh
11. tj bennett - ?
12. malleymal - virginia tech
13. crawfishpete - ?
14. mrbob - green bay packers
15. kevtones - ?
16. guileless - ?
17. CP - Alex Smith University
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
I think I might be in. I'm gonna order it online from EA right now. I hope I don't regret this.

I don't know who'll I'll take. I wouldn't mind running with USC but I don't want to be hated on by everyone.

Does anyone know how good either Penn or Utah State is in this years game?

newsguy

U of M

The "U"

Breeding grounds for:

NFL stars
Cop beaters
Murderers

Haven't used AIM in years so I got a new account for the leagues: GAFnewsguy

gstaff

newsguy said:
U of M

The "U"

Breeding grounds for:

NFL stars
Cop beaters
Murderers

Haven't used AIM in years so I got a new account for the leagues: GAFnewsguy

Come on, the real U of M is breeding grounds for:

Lying, time out calling overrated basketball players that get injured too often

Bassel hound lookalike Lloyd Carr and...

The school with the most NCAA covers (2!)

Hopefully I will have the game tonight, but you can AIM me at mgrandst

GO BLUE!

gstaff

1. FMT - Minnesota
2. CK - Florida
3. Lonestar - Alabama
4. Matrix - Houston
5. DMczaf - UNLV
7. gstaff - Michigan
9. newsguy - miami
10. maverick - pittsburgh
11. tj bennett - ?
13. crawfishpete - ?
15. kevtones - ?
16. guileless - ?
18. ?
19. ?
20. ?[/QUOTE]

I believe Bennett wanted to go with Iowa. If somebody just takes OSU, we can have a nice little Big Ten division.

gstaff

What about basic game rules?

Are going to be playing the default 5 minute settings? I guess that's the main thing, but depending on how it works this year, I would probably move to have the crowd effects turned off or anything else that would cause gameplay slowdown (prays to Touchdown Jesus that the widescreen issue is resolved this year)

LukeSmith

I'm in for this.
If we're leaving horrible ass lame terrible game mechanic Home Field Advantage on, I'll take Florida, since the Swamp is the hardest place to play in the game this year -_-

If we're turning that lame shit off, I'll take Louisville, since UofM is long gone (and I wouldn't take them from Gstaff, regardless. He has UofM banners and shit in his living room).

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
OK I can't resist this otherwise I'll be playing Miami and Virginia Tech cheesers all day. I am moving at the end of the month and am not sure where I'm going but I'll do everything I can to get my games in early. If y'all don't want me to play I understand but if you need another person I'm down.

Ole Miss
a-manning-110103.jpg

The Manning that won a game in the Swamp.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I mean, yeah, I'll probably be overmatched all the time since you guys all picked New England-level talent teams, but I always stick to my team :p

BRODIE FOR PRESIDENT!!

OH, AIM is Mike31820 (gotta remember to reinstall that program) Xfire is Lonestarga as well.

Seems like alot of Big 10/ACC teams picked. Where is the SEC Love??? Someone has to be Tennessee, so I can beat the crap out of them.

"Indy: I hate those guys"

Maverick

Hey FMT, since we need some more SEC teams and pitt doesnt really fit in out of the now crappy Big East, I can roll with Auburn instead.

(P.S. if anyones a huge Auburn fan or something just p.m. me and i can take Georgia or something)

newsguy

gstaff said:
(prays to Touchdown Jesus that the widescreen issue is resolved this year)

I mentioned this in the other thread. It has not been fixed and I've had to play all my games in 4:3 and let my TV stretch te sides. Some people say they don't think it's a game killer, so YMMV, but I was not able to adjust.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
I want to go with a Big Ten team and since gstaff has Michigan I'm gonna have to choose between Ohio State and Iowa. I'll be using Michigan and Indiana in my own dynasty modes but Indiana just won't be competitive for our GAF league. Therefore ...

TJ Bennett - Iowa

newsguy

FMT, I played a game online to see how lag was and check out some things. Lag wasn't so bad, but this is the way EA's email arrived to my inbox (is there a way to fix this?):

Final score: UjustLost 10 vs. siplean 17

Statistics                 UjustLost        siplean       Â
Rushing attempts for                14             29
Rushing yards for                   25            108
Passing attempts for                27             20
Passing yards for                  181            157
Punts                                7              2
Fake punts                           0              0
Field goals for                      1              1
Long field goals (40+) for           0              1
Fake kicks                           0              0
Times player went for two            0              0
Rushing touchdowns for               0              1
Passing touchdowns for               1              1
Returns touchdowns for               0              0
Defensive touchdowns for             0              0
Turnovers for                        4              3
Interceptions for                    3              2
Sacks for                            4              2
Number of third downs               11             10
Third down conversions               2              3
Fourth down attempts                 0              3
Fourth down rushing plays            0              1
Fourth down passing plays            0              2
Fourth down conversions              0              1
Fourth-and-long situations           1              1
Fourth-and-long attempts             0              2
No-huddle plays                      5              1
Audibles called                      5              0
Hot routes used                     13              4
Scrambles                            0              2
Option plays                         2              5
Shotgun plays                       19             24
Hail Mary plays                      0              0
Blitzes                             26             24
Time of possession                8:29          11:31

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
Guileless said:
OK I can't resist this otherwise I'll be playing Miami and Virginia Tech cheesers all day.

Wait whats the deal with VT cheese??? I chose them for the season because I wanted a team that didnt suck, but wasnt that great, is there something I am missing??? I am nice as shit in football games and I dont want to have a team that would give me an unfair advantage over you weaklings.... let me know so I can change teams and save you guys some frustraion... (/cockiness)

Guileless

I know you're legit Mal but playing online last year, lots of people would choose VT and substitute Vick's little brother in (he was 2nd team QB) and run out of the shotgun continuously. I have no problem with playing VT straight up.

1. FMT - UCLA
2. CK - Florida
3. Lonestar - Alabama
4. Matrix - Houston
5. DMczaf - UNLV
7. gstaff - Michigan
9. newsguy - miami
10. maverick - auburn
11. tj bennett - Iowa
13. crawfishpete - LSU
15. scoot - louisville
16. guileless - Ole Miss (my mistake chum of chums!)
18. shadowred - university of north texas (wtf?)
19. ?
20. ?

AIM Names - GAF Name/AIM name/XBL tag

1. FMT - whossorrynow015 - FrenchMov
2. CK - insecurekillah - Wellie
3. Lonestar - Mike31820 - lonestar1979
4. Matrix - adoubledg - matrixadw
5. DMczaf - dmczafx23 - dmczaf
6. Konex - konex2k4 - ?
7. gstaff - ? - ?
8. ramirez - ctownskins3 - ?
9. newsguy - GAFnewsguy - ujustlost
10. maverick - hendrix9786 - militant black
11. tj bennett - Strooodel - tj bennett
12. malleymal - mrblacknj - malleymal
13. crawfishpete - JosephRDiSano - Bukake Bob
14. mrbob - mrbob2k1 - mrbob
15. scoot - sweaterstillfits - TJ Scoot
16. guileless - ? - YelloPeril
17. CP - ? - ?

----------

as you can see, i don't have a lot of your XBL gamertags, which are essential. please post them!

p.s. i apologize to those of you who are on my XBL buddylist and i still have a question mark. i can't remember off the top of my head... too many names! just post the info here. thanks friends

also, homefield advantage is to be turned off!

unless a major backlash among the majority of the players in the league happens, there will be no HFA. that feature was garbage last year. let me know what you guys think.

also, we will be playing "unranked" games on 6 min quarters... unless, again, people have objections. let me know

Guileless

My gamertag is YelloPeril. And no it's not Miss. State FMT it's Ole Miss. True story: when State went to the Final Four in '96, the hats the team got said "Mississippi" on the back instead of Mississippi State. :lol

See the difference:
bilde

If you are still confused I can post some pics of Eli wearing an Ole Miss jersey.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
whats wrong with you FMT...you still dont know my xbl name? :lol :p "matrixadw"

Btw if shadowred is in this league,I request not to be matched up against him at all.

Guileless

oh snap I have to reinstall AIM because I had to reformat my HD a few weeks ago and haven't done that yet. I'll do that tonight and update.

Good luck to your Rams this year, with your heterosexual male crush on Mike Martz and all I hope he makes it through with his job.

Btw if shadowred is in this league,I request not to be matched up against him at all.

:lol

way ahead of you buddy. he is actually permabanned from GA for posting a NAMBLA site without warning. i'm also on top of the "ck + ramirez = can't play each other" problem.

also sorry about your XBL sn matrix, like i said i dont have a good memory with those things. couldn't remember if it was just matrix or adwmatrix and so on

Good luck to your Rams this year, with your heterosexual male crush on Mike Martz and all I hope he makes it through with his job.

i feel like murdering you right now...

img8297177.jpg

"Calm down fmt... he's not worth it. Time will prove me to be the best QB selected in the past 2 years... and of all time!"

i read your review and saw it isn't as bad as last year, but i still think it should be off. i can live with being outmatched skill-wise and trying to win, but what a bitch it would be to have to go into a place like the swamp or wherever and have to deal with that too. it's best to be turned off

newsguy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
i read your review and saw it isn't as bad as last year, but i still think it should be off. i can live with being outmatched skill-wise and trying to win, but what a bitch it would be to have to go into a place like the swamp or wherever and have to deal with that too. it's best to be turned off

I just played a game online against a guy who had Notre Dame. They were #22 for HFA but they were full blast 90% of the game (even though I was winning by like 18). What pissed me off was that I challenged him but he declined just so he could challenge me so he would get HFA. It's frustrating to come out, read the defense, call an audible, and realize none of your players ran the new routes/blocks. It caused me a pick in the 1st.

also i need to hear from each player how you feel about the stat tracking. how detailed do you want? if the EA emails are fucked, would you be willing to input the numbers after the game into a form like i have for MVP? do you want individual player stats, or would team stats suffice? i have to know as i am in the process of creating the site now

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
It really doesn't bother me, but if possible, The statitian in me says Player Stats. But that sounds hard to keep up with. I might do it for myself though.

fellas, let me steal my own post from the madden thread just to further the point:

what i want everyone to remember are the following facts (i said this before long ago in a madden league):

* You are going to lose games
* You are going to lose games under questionable (in your opinion) circumstances
* You will feel as though you have been cheesed
* You will call bullshit on a lot of stuff
* You will say to yourself "i'm never playing this fucking game again" on a weekly basis after losing
* If you win, people will accuse you of being dirty
* If you win consistently, you must be abusing a cheat or money play
* You will be out of the playoff race at the midway point in the season, thus you will be playing for pride (and of course season 2 draft seeding!)
* Your opponents defenders play incredibly, but yours suck
* Your opponents WR's catch everything, while your WR's drop everything
* Your offensive line doesn't block
* Your defensive line gets no pressure
* You are being picked apart by a superior passing offense

and so on. if you are prepared to deal with the above and not flake on us, then welcome to the league, but honestly ladies, keep all of the above in mind before you commit to the league.

gstaff

FrenchMovieTheme said:
AIM Names - GAF Name/AIM name/XBL tag

1. FMT - whossorrynow015 - FrenchMov
2. CK - insecurekillah - Wellie
3. Lonestar - Mike31820 - lonestar1979
4. Matrix - adoubledg - matrixadw
5. DMczaf - dmczafx23 - dmczaf
6. Konex - konex2k4 - ?
7. gstaff - ? - ?
8. ramirez - ctownskins3 - ?
9. newsguy - GAFnewsguy - ujustlost
10. maverick - hendrix9786 - militant black
11. tj bennett - Strooodel - tj bennett
12. malleymal - mrblacknj - malleymal
13. crawfishpete - JosephRDiSano - Bukake Bob
14. mrbob - mrbob2k1 - mrbob
15. scoot - sweaterstillfits - TJ Scoot
16. guileless - ? - YelloPeril
17. CP - ? - ?

----------

as you can see, i don't have a lot of your XBL gamertags, which are essential. please post them!

aim= mgrandst
xbox live= gstaff

I need to setup a new XBL and AIM account tomorrow. I'll let ya know.

Edit: Do games still come with those cards for 2 months of free XBL? If anyone has a XBL trial code you don't need... You can pm it to me if you want :)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Alright I'm in. I ordered the game and should have it by Monday. I'm in Canada so it takes a bit for me to get stuff from the US.

And I'm gonna take USC (eat it FMT). When I get the game I'll check out the rankings of some other teams and see which ones are decent. If Penn or someone else I kinda like is decent I might downgrade to them.

Gamertag = Truelize
AIM = Truelize

Ramirez

FMT knows my XBL name,he's received way too many beatings to forget it :lol

But for the rest of you,it is DaAnswer3.

got the game last night at midnight. early impressions (on a break from work):

* A lot like madden 05
* Fixed a lot of stuff
* slowdown... don't know if this was lag or there is slowdown in the game, i believe its the former but you tell me

p.s. i can already tell you the first rule of the league: NO MANUAL BLITZING. played a guy last night who picked the LOLB with tennessee, and if i ever passed he automatically blitzed and would not be blocked. fucking bullshit. i lost 24-22 on a last second fieldgoal cause that bitches receivers got so lucky. he started the game 0-14 passing :lol

Top Bottom