• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox NCAA 2006 Thread! Season I: Madden 2005.5 (pick teams inside!)

look who comes crawling back! sure there is room friend, league doesn't start until monday (plus i have a feeling some people who were going to be in it earlier dont want to anymore ;))

guys, i can help you with the deep passing game (defending it): first off, if you are playing against an impact WR, either double team him a good deal of the time or have a safety always playing deep to his side. people, learn to effectively control the LB or safety. playing as the d-line wont cut it against good players

if you are having trouble against the pitch, use the DE contain (Press L Trigger + X to contain with the RE, or L Trigger + B to contain with the LE)

there are going to be cheesers in the game. there are going to be times you get bs-ed or bs someone, but the GA league will be as cheese free as possible (can't do anything about catches in double/triple coverage pals, only you can! :D )

hgplayer1

FrenchMovieTheme said:
look who comes crawling back! sure there is room friend, league doesn't start until monday (plus i have a feeling some people who were going to be in it earlier dont want to anymore ;))

guys, i can help you with the deep passing game (defending it): first off, if you are playing against an impact WR, either double team him a good deal of the time or have a safety always playing deep to his side. people, learn to effectively control the LB or safety. playing as the d-line wont cut it against good players

if you are having trouble against the pitch, use the DE contain (Press L Trigger + X to contain with the RE, or L Trigger + B to contain with the LE)

there are going to be cheesers in the game. there are going to be times you get bs-ed or bs someone, but the GA league will be as cheese free as possible (can't do anything about catches in double/triple coverage pals, only you can! :D )

well I havent acutally bought the game yet. I was just wondering. I might as well figure out now if Im gonna enjoy playing football games still. Id hate to wait for Madden and find out then. Ill let you know something tomorrow night.

alright, let me know

and to everyone else, play the game and then let me know by sunday if you are still in. i figure some people aren't going to want to play after discovering the overability of WR's amongst other things

i'm going to experiment with the game on heisman and see if the passing becomes anymore difficult. it's pretty tough to defend an impact wr (or any wr for gods sake! :lol ) with an average CB. post here if you come across any possible solutions!

Maverick

haha, i'm still in for sure, the GA league will be a savior here. i just had to vent because of all the sunshine reviewers who say that EA implemented some kind of stop gap for people running the same plays over and over.

what baffles me even more is why is there fair play? honestly, you can still go for it on 4th down whenever you want to (from my experience). fair play in madden prevents that, why the fuck is it in NCAA if it has no use?

newsguy

I can already tell I'm going to be the NCAA version of hgplayer1. I'm already 1-5 online. I haven't played human competition in a football game in years though, so I'm sure I'll improve as the season rolls along.

newsguy i got my mic taped up again and working, i will help you out next time we play.

p.s. hgplayer isn't a terrible madden player, he just doesn't understand that you can't play madden like nfl 2kx (hey! not saying that in a negative tone, its the truth!)

anyways ill help you out friend

newsguy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. hgplayer isn't a terrible madden player, he just doesn't understand that you can't play madden like nfl 2kx (hey! not saying that in a negative tone, its the truth!)

Lol, sorry, I didn't mean it in a negative way, what I meant was more along the lines of even after many losses I'll stick it out. Thanks for the offer for help though.

hgplayer1

hgplayer1 am cry :(

but seriously, its not that I try to play Madden like NFL2k, I know Im never gonna be really good at the game but dammit I cant shake the feeling that some plays in Madden are solely based on player ratings. I know rating should affect gameplay to some degree but wheres the fun in having to pick a good team to be able to compete. why cant I compete with a average or below average team and some moxy dammit!? GO COWBOYS!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

I know rating should affect gameplay to some degree but wheres the fun in having to pick a good team to be able to compete. why cant I compete with a average or below average team and some moxy dammit!? GO COWBOYS!!!! WOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

your theory might hold water if i didn't win the superbowl with the lowest rated team in the game (yes, we were lower than the cardinals ladies).

in madden it's never the team. regardless of what the "OVR" ratings say, you can compete with any team in that game against any other team. is it easier to spy mike vick when you have ray lewis? sure. but you can win with a lesser team.

p.s. your cowboys fandom has always disgusted me. if there are 2 teams i hate... nay, despise... more than the cowboys, its the packers and rams. and it is debatable as to who i hate the most

1. FMT - whossorrynow015 - FrenchMov
2. CK - insecurekillah - Wellie
3. Lonestar - Mike31820 - lonestar1979
4. Matrix - adoubledg - matrixadw
5. DMczaf - dmczafx23 - dmczaf
6. Konex - konex2k4 - ?
7. gstaff - mgrandst - gstaff
8. ramirez - ctownskins3 - daanswer3
9. newsguy - GAFnewsguy - ujustlost
10. maverick - hendrix9786 - militant black
11. tj bennett - Strooodel - tj bennett
12. malleymal - mrblacknj - malleymal
13. crawfishpete - JosephRDiSano - Bukake Bob
14. mrbob - mrbob2k1 - mrbob
15. scoot - sweaterstillfits - TJ Scoot
16. guileless - ? - YelloPeril
17. CP - ? - FredEx KC
18. hgplayer1 - bcsplayer1 - hgplayer1

first off if you are going to use THAT team and that playbook, you have to run better plays period. that is a precision passing playbook and you are looking at routes that are all over the place. what i mean is you need to throw in a few timing outs, a few button hooks, some screens, all kinds of shit.

all i was doing to stop you was sitting back in a zone and watching you try to go across the middle. easy to stop. you didn't run the ball, you didn't even throw in many different passing plays. you can't win like that, you have to get your opponent on his heels. like i said earlier, run some RB flats plays and get it in his hands. and when you are passing to your receivers, make quick decisions and try to avoid having 2 receivers in the same "zone" (your double slot crossing patterns made it easy for me to shutdown the entire middle of the field)

on defense you should control your Impact safety, and if someone runs outside on you (like i did) make him cut back to the inside. you don't even need to make the tackle (necessarily), but if he goes back inside your pals will be waiting for him

last thing i'll say is turnovers can turn a potentially close game into a blowout real quick. you threw some questionable passes into zone coverage which gives me an easy scoring opportunity. throw in more running, more screens, more timing patterns, more everything. it was too easy to defend you

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
COUGARS SUCK ARSE!

Slowest fucking team in the world :(

who dares to stand up to me!? not you dm, you had your chance and not even adelphia bailed you out in reality. never forget!

come on pals, where is my competition! :D

1. FMT - whossorrynow015 - FrenchMov
2. CK - insecurekillah - Wellie
3. Lonestar - Mike31820 - lonestar1979
4. Matrix - adoubledg - matrixadw
5. DMczaf - dmczafx23 - dmczaf
6. Konex - konex2k4 - ?
7. gstaff - mgrandst - gstaff
8. ramirez - ctownskins3 - daanswer3
9. newsguy - GAFnewsguy - ujustlost
10. maverick - hendrix9786 - militant black
11. tj bennett - Strooodel - tj bennett
12. malleymal - mrblacknj - malleymal
13. crawfishpete - JosephRDiSano - Bukake Bob
14. mrbob - mrbob2k1 - mrbob
15. scoot - sweaterstillfits - TJ Scoot
16. guileless - ? - YelloPeril
17. CP - ? - FredEx KC
18. hgplayer1 - bcsplayer1 - hgplayer1
----------

i haven't seen many of you online in ncaa. like i said yesterday, please post that you still want to play in the league (or that you dont want to) because the sooner i have that info the sooner the league page will be done

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Been working late at work, and I'll be working tomorrow. I've been mainly playing Single Player, trying to learn the newer functions of the game. And I too need a better passing playbook for Alabama. FMT's saying the game is easier to pass in, but it certainly seems tough to me!!

hgplayer1

ok I picked up the game last night so Im officially in. Im going to go with Texas A&M for now. I might change before we actually start though.

I had internet problems last night so I couldnt really play online but I think I like this one a little better than I like Madden and NCAA last year. maybe its because I havent played in so long or something but I had fun in the 3 or 4 games I played offline last night.

i just played some jack off who picked VT (wow what a surprise). and after i shut his first series of shotgun/run w/ vick down (he went for it on 4th down on his own 30 lol) he pauses it and offers a "friendly" quit. i say fuck no. then he puts his headset on and says "yo my dads needs to use the cord fo real" and i didnt have my headset on but i just pushed resume game. so we start playing again and my first offensive play i get a 30 yard TD. then i kick off and he does the same shit w/ vick which i shutdown. then he quits.

what a fucking loser dude. i hate bitches like that, make me waste my time.

rrahhhhh! i am a strong man! anyone on this board take a run at me!

seriously come on fellas, i need to get in league playing shape! i need to know who the best of the best are, so they can be in my division!

p.s. dm wont be in my division! :D

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. dm wont be in my division! :D

157132271X.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fmt,I can play now if you want?

Matrix

Yea I'll hit you on aim in 20 mins.

hgplayer1

I wanna get a game or two in tonight. Im pretty damn tired though and hungry so Im gonna go get something to eat then Ill be ready if anyone wants to play. Ill be in the dash until I get back.

Matrix

Ok fuck using the Houston Cougars,time to try out a diff Houston school.

Think ill try using Rice.

Matrix

:lol HAHA Rice is 50 times worse than the Cougars and the Cougars are worse than DM's UNLV....good lord I cant win for shit with these teams.I want to stay loyal to Houston,but I have no chance in hell at winning any games,unless somehow FMT takes over my body.

That was fun HG :(

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'm about to go to a late night but i'll be back aaround 2 a.m. central and i'll be on live probably with diminished motor skills.

Maverick

I just got worked by a guy using Miami. I just can't seem to consistently stop anyone this year, while last year my defense in ncaa was ridiculous. i think i was averaging like 35 rush yards against per game (or maybe that was in 04). my mind is so numb right now i can't even remember if 04 was online or not.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll try to be on some this afternoon. Hope to have improved enough to do better than 17-3 FMT!

Top Bottom