• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox NCAA 2006 Thread! Season I: Madden 2005.5 (pick teams inside!)

CP want a game?

AND FUCK YOU EA FOR NOT MAKING THIS XBL AWARE!

just because i'm not online doesn't mean i dont want to play! i was playing franchise. if the game was XBL aware you could've challenged me... but nooooooooooooooo! fucking ea

p.s. cp i will be on in appox. 5-10 mins, i have to stop by the store quickly

Yeah, I want to play, but I just need to eat really quick. Just finishing some hamburgers on the grill. Should be ready by the time you get back.

And I've gotten a little better. My running game has improved a ton with your advice, but my passing game still has some problems. Especially passing in the middle. And you would think screens would be deadly against the blitz, but they take so long to get setup... I'm lucky if I get the ball off right when I get hit and let it bounce on the ground a few times.

And playing online I'm getting more and more annoyed with the long bombs. At least you can stop the options easily. Long bombs no, especially if you get boned man to man.

Maverick

Cerebral Palsy said:
And playing online I'm getting more and more annoyed with the long bombs. At least you can stop the options easily. Long bombs no, especially if you get boned man to man.

A-fucking-men. It just pissed me off when you run Cover 2 man and have a safety deep and these WRs still superman ridiculous catches in really good coverage. I just don't understand...i mean, that's fine you can say that happens, but why the hell then are guys dropping easy 7 yard completions?

I guess game development is a complicated thing, but I can't understand why a guy is allowed to go for it on 4th and 13 from his own 50 yd. line against me last night, then he throws up a prayer to his IMPACT tight end in double fucking blanket coverage, and my guy bats it down yet his TE manages somehow to come up w/ it for the 1st down. He shouldn't have been able to go for it anyway.

i neeeeed ga peeps to play me! i'll be on later tonight.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
just got tea bagged by CP. 10 fucking drops! come on ladies!

gg cp, but that wont happen in league... i wont allow it to!

GG. Yeah, too many drops for ya. Couple hot potato ints I felt bad getting away with near the end also. Luck was just on my side that second half.

Definitely feel like I'm improving every game. It is your fault you lost this game. Kept your mouth shut and you could have steamrolled over me 55-0 again.

Edit: I almost punched a hole in the wall after that Int I ran out right before I got the TD in the first half. And then threw an int right after! Jesus, I made some bad decisions early in the game.

it MAY be monday, but my gf's mom is visiting so i dont know if she's going to finish it up tomorrow or not. time will tell, but definitely this coming week.

i really want to know if everyone is staying in as that would help me with the division layout and scheduling.

the following people i haven't heard from in this thread for a few days OR seen on AIM or on NCAA:

6. Konex - konex2k4 - ?
7. gstaff - mgrandst - gstaff
13. crawfishpete - JosephRDiSano - Bukake Bob
14. mrbob - mrbob2k1 - mrbob
15. scoot - sweaterstillfits - TJ Scoot

so please contact me and let me know you're still going to play (or not!)

Maverick

Nice job, CP. That game was a mess for me. I was trying both QBs (both are just terrible) and would forget that I had subbed the backup in some packages....

I think I'm going to go w/ Pitt over Auburn for the league. I just can't get any kind of rhythm w/ auburn's offense, so I end up throwing off my backfoot, rolling way too far out of the pocket, and throwing bad INTs.

p.s. bob's been online a few times.

Maverick said:
Nice job, CP. That game was a mess for me. I was trying both QBs (both are just terrible) and would forget that I had subbed the backup in some packages....

I think I'm going to go w/ Pitt over Auburn for the league. I just can't get any kind of rhythm w/ auburn's offense, so I end up throwing off my backfoot, rolling way too far out of the pocket, and throwing bad INTs.

p.s. bob's been online a few times.

I couldn't believe your WR dropped that wide open catch on 4th down in the endzone =/

the drops aren't as bad last year, but jesus christ do they piss me off. i'm hoping that turning HFA off will help, but who knows. guess we'll find out when the league starts (or we can try it out before)

i'm also curious to try out heisman setting.

gstaff

FrenchMovieTheme said:
it MAY be monday, but my gf's mom is visiting so i dont know if she's going to finish it up tomorrow or not. time will tell, but definitely this coming week.

i really want to know if everyone is staying in as that would help me with the division layout and scheduling.

the following people i haven't heard from in this thread for a few days OR seen on AIM or on NCAA:

6. Konex - konex2k4 - ?
7. gstaff - mgrandst - gstaff
13. crawfishpete - JosephRDiSano - Bukake Bob
14. mrbob - mrbob2k1 - mrbob
15. scoot - sweaterstillfits - TJ Scoot

so please contact me and let me know you're still going to play (or not!)

IM me if you want a game (mgrandst). Had a Cheesecake Factory for dinner just recently, so I might have to take the Browns to the Superbowl for a very long time :)

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Well I'll have my copy on Monday but I don't really see the point in me being in this league at all. I commited to coach at a basketball camp out of province from the 24th to the 30th and I'll be out of town from this Wednesday to Friday anyway.
In other words I'll only be home for 3 days total in the next two weeks. If there is some way I can still make up some games for the league I would like to be in, but I think I'll be fine with playing offline dynasty and online games from time to time with the GAF crew.
Sorry guys.

Maverick

fmt, hit me up on aim tomorrow if you could.

i want to know if the NCAA and Madden leagues are going to run into one another.

i want to know if the NCAA and Madden leagues are going to run into one another.

i wish i knew. first off, i can guarantee you that a lot of the people in the ncaa league will easily play 17 games in 3 weeks. secondly, i don't know jack S about when the madden league will start because EA hasn't said anything about their online leagues. last year they didn't put the leagues up until september, so i dont know what they have planned.

i doubt the leagues will run into one another but that is just a guess as i dont know how fast people will play ncaa or when madden can/will start

also if any of you are interested, i have an Action Replay and if you want the official rosters you can send me your memory card (if you have one). or as i told matrix/dm if you want me to send you my memory card and you can send it back. god knows im not going to be using this until ncaa 2007 anyways

having the player names is good times :D

1. FMT - whossorrynow015 - FrenchMov
2. CK - insecurekillah - Wellie
3. Lonestar - Mike31820 - lonestar1979
4. Matrix - adoubledg - matrixadw
5. DMczaf - dmczafx23 - dmczaf
6. gstaff - mgrandst - gstaff
7. ramirez - ctownskins3 - daanswer3
8. newsguy - GAFnewsguy - ujustlost
9. maverick - hendrix9786 - militant black
10. tj bennett - Strooodel - tj bennett
11. malleymal - mrblacknj - malleymal
12. guileless - ? - YelloPeril
13. CP - ? - FredEx KC
14. hgplayer1 - bcsplayer1 - hgplayer1
15. crawfishpete
16. scoot
------------

those are the people i have seen online or contacted me. i will update as the league start date approaches, but if you dont post here, you aren't on XBL and you don't IM anyone, then how dependable can you be for the league? from past experience the answer is not very! :D

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
OH YES BITCH... Hide your daughters!!... i am back from Miami and ready to pick up where I left off.... if you want a game, hit me on AIM mrblacknj..... if your not to yellow bellied...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I fucking hate the Cougars,I give up a atleast one punt return or kickoff return for a td a game >_<

GG CP.....I'm never going to win a game :D

Matrix said:
I fucking hate the Cougars,I give up a atleast one punt return or kickoff return for a td a game >_<

GG CP.....I'm never going to win a game :D

Yeah, GG. I was pretty pissed i didn't keep it on the ground and threw that int you returned for a td. And then I almost had a heart attacked when you returned the punt right after. It kept the game exciting though I guess :)

And if it makes you feel a little better... That is the 4th kickoff I've returned for a td online.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Yeah I have to agree with FMT and I hate the fact this game is not Xbox Live aware. It drives me nuts. Was it that hard for EA to put in the game? What they need next gen is a Tivo type option so that you can save your single player game at an exact play and come back to it after you finish whipping your friend on XBL.

On another note, have we decided what day the league starts? I'm anxious to get my ass kicked in this game.

DMczaf said:
Nice to see everyone avoiding the Runnin' Rebels! No one wants to change the University of Nevada Las Vegas?!

Bring it!

TJ Bennett said:
On another note, have we decided what day the league starts? I'm anxious to get my ass kicked in this game.

It is still sometime this week. Of course we could could just call the season now with me champion.

p.s. Malleymal is going to regret the day he stole the Chiefs from me.

the league is starting today. the league page is almost done, but we can start playing anyways. here are details you will want to take note of:

* How to play a league game:

1. Contact your opponent either on AIM or here on the boards. Decide who is home and who is away. I was going to have a set "who's home/away" schedule, but that would be a huge pain in the ass to calcuate even homefield throughout 16 teams etc. so just play whatever.

2. Challenge your opponent. The league settings are: Unranked, 6 minute quarters, Home Field Advantage turned OFF

3. After your game is finished, you should be emailed a game summary from EA. Please forward that email to: stitchface@mesmerized.org. That is my email, i will use those to post the stats

4. Please make sure you have the "E-mail me end-game stats" feature enabled on your EA online setup. If you need clarification on how to do this, post in the thread and we will tell you.
----------

League Divisions:

GAF West
1. FMT - UCLA
2. DMczaf - UNLV
3. CP - utah
4. malleymal - virginia tech

GAF East

1. gstaff - Michigan
2. ramirez - florida state
3. newsguy - miami
4. maverick - pittsburgh

GAF North

1. CK - Florida
2. Lonestar - Alabama
3. Matrix - Houston
4. guileless - ole miss

GAF South

1. tj bennett - ?
2. crawfishpete - ?
3. hgplayer1 - ?
4. scoot - louisville

-----------

Those are the divisions. The schedules are as follows:

* If you are in the GAF West:
- You will play everyone in GAF West 3 times.
- You will play everyone in GAF East 1 time.
- You will play everyone in GAF North 1 time.

* If you are in the GAF East:
- You will play everyone in GAF East 3 times.
- You will play everyone in GAF West 1 time.
- You will play everyone in GAF South 1 time.

* If you are in GAF North:
- You will play everyone in GAF North 3 times.
- You will play everyone in GAF South 1 time.
- You will play everyone in GAF West 1 time.

* If you are in GAF South:
- You will play everyone in GAF South 3 times.
- You will play everyone in GAF North 1 time.
- You will play everyone in GAF East 1 time.
----------------------------------------------------------

Playoff Format:

* The top team in each division gets in, plus 2 wildcards per conference. so, a total of 8/16 teams get in for the league. this maybe a little unrealistic (or even NBA-like :D ), but it will keep more people interested longer.

Tie-breakers:

* NFL style. It goes head to head, division record, conference, etc.

Q&A:

Q: What if me and my opponent get disconnected in the middle of the game?
A: Replay the game for the amount of time left.

Q: What if the EA stats page I am sent is garbled and messed up?
A: Let me know and i will set you up with an email, or you can probably put my email above as yours and it will send it to me.

Q: What if I quit the league cause i don't feel like playing anymore?
A: You are banned from all future GAF leagues! plus you suck

--------------

I will finish by saying please dont procrastinate in playing your games. there will be people who will finish most of their games in a week (like me :D ), and i dont expect everyone to do that, but if august 1 rolls around and you've still only played 3 or 4 games then that is pretty shitty. Again, utilize AIM and the boards in order to schedule games or get games going.

if you are unclear about the above, contact me or post here. If your name isn't on the list and you wanted to play i apologize, but you didn't post in the thread for at least a few days or seemed disinterested. that isn't going to get it done for online leagues ladies!

hgplayer1

well my internet connection took a vacation yesterday so I wasnt able to post but I guess Ill use Texas A&M my D will probably suck but I like parts of the offense and I cant think of who else I might like to use.

I finished a dynasty on the default difficulty and won the national championship and the heisman. I have to admit it was pretty fun. I guess because I was winning but there was just something different about it compared to 05 which I couldnt bother to make myself finish a season. hopefully Madden follows form.

for some reason I wasnt under the impression we were going to do a season like this which required "thinking". you mean we have to figure out who we have to play and how many times? WHAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH

newsguy

Damn, I work like 2-midnight everyday this week. I'll be on late tonight (eastern) if there are anymore nocturnals here.

gstaff said:
Good game...on your end. I have yet to get a passing game going.

You'll eventually get your passing game going. Good run defense though. Was frustrating me.

Edit: Oh, and does it usually take a while for them to email the game stats to you? I entered my email addy and set it to send game stats right before me and gstaff played, but no email yet.

Gstaff, if you got the stats email can you forward it to FMT?

hey everyone, double check and make sure you are receiving emails in ncaa. i've had 2 people say they set it up and didn't receive the emails. but i've recieved them.

again, double check your setup

Top Bottom