• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox NCAA 2006 Thread! Season I: Madden 2005.5 (pick teams inside!)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I hate this game.

I lost by a point to DM,but good god I shouldnt have.I stopped him on a drive and he should have punted,but no the cpu decides my player should taunt after making a huge 3rd down stop...I get a penalty,dm gets into my redzone for free,I stop him on 3 downs again,but he gets a nice free fg ...fuck this game,fair play on? my ass!

I also witnessed DM and myself catch deep passes with double coverage,but a simple 2 yard throw dropped like 20 times :| I'm seeing the same NCAA from last year,except in this years version it happens maybe 10% less.

I dont mine losing,I fucked up with an option play near the end of the game when I shouldnt have ran it,but take away that bs penalty and free fg and I still win despite my fuckup that lead to a td for dm.

Bah, just played a random person to see if the email thing was working...

So anyway, he disconnects at the very end and like always the win doesn't register even though I finished out against the cpu. And I didn't get an email for it either.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
nothing after playing Guile. Are we playing Unranked games, All American, 6 minute quarters??? How do you turn off HFA, It's not on the settings User or Game.

I wrote in wordpad our stats.

FrenchMovieTheme said:
go to "My ncaa"

go to "Alterts and reminders"

put in your email (try putting in MY email on your system if you want, stitchface@mesmerized.org)

change "End of game stats" to yes

then make sure it saves. thats it!

I did all of that.

I'm sick of dealing with this game tonight. Wins not registering and no stats emails... Feels like I'm playing a PS2 game online again... I'm going to get some sleep. Hopefully gstaff got the stats email so he can forward it to ya. Cya tomorrow

hgplayer1

gg Malley, I couldnt help but feel like I was getting robbed most of the game though :lol

fumble the kickoff to start the game hugerolleyes. I dropped your back deep in the backfield on that one play......oh......facemask. PR for a TD. I hate the kicking on AA. theres no way you can control it in some situations. I guess it turned out to be a decent game but I just felt like I wasnt getting any breaks except for on some of my passes.

Lonestar theres a second page of settings when you are about to send someone a challenge. you have to click R or L to get to it.

BTW my stats emailed to me just fine

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Wow I just got the shit kicked out of me by Lonestar and Alabama. I would ask EA why HFA means your players all shit their pants and play like 8th graders after a turnover or sack, but Ole Miss does shit its pants and play like 8th graders in Tuscaloosa in real life so who am I to complain? We did ask for more realism.

No email for me yet either but I don't want to look at it right now anyway.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
hgplayer1 said:
gg Malley, I couldnt help but feel like I was getting robbed most of the game though :lol

fumble the kickoff to start the game hugerolleyes. I dropped your back deep in the backfield on that one play......oh......facemask. PR for a TD. I hate the kicking on AA. theres no way you can control it in some situations. I guess it turned out to be a decent game but I just felt like I wasnt getting any breaks except for on some of my passes.

Lonestar theres a second page of settings when you are about to send someone a challenge. you have to click R or L to get to it.

BTW my stats emailed to me just fine

Yea man gg... I thought u were going to come back at the end..... my stats came just fine as well...

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
FrenchMovieTheme said:
matrix you had a 13 point lead with 2 mins left and you LOST!? dm said you tried to run out the clock with an option...

He threw one of those f-ing miracle deep throws for td,nothing I could do to stop that...Like I said I did a stupid option play near the end of the game,I meant to just run with the QB but I just reacted * feared I would fumble the ball with the QB,but this isnt last years madden with the hitstick :lol * and pressed the white button instead of holding onto it.

I would have won the game anyway if EA didnt fuck me over with that bs taunting penalty.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
This game is still messed up. I had a pass tipped away by a defender that was at least 3 yards away from the ball. In the replay the ball got no where near his hand but it still got tipped away, my TD run was stopped and then another defender juggled the ball three times before he caught it.
Whatever.

And the drills in this game are no where near as good as Madden. Ugh.

Maverick

The rule for this game is that EA is going to fuck you. hard. every night. with a gag ball in your mouth.

It's so bad when I play random people that I feel like God's playing some kind of trick on me. Everything that should logically happen, never fucking happens.

When a guy runs goaline when im on my 20, and I line up in 4 wide, I should score a TD. Every fucking time. No question. EA shouldn't even have the plays run. If a guy picks goaline and spreads the damn line, it shouldn't matter, I should just get awarded six points.

Of course, instead, I get sacked 13 times in one game (HFA yaaay!), throw 2 miracle picks, and he completes 3 absolutely laughable bombs.

Whatever, it's just a joke to me playing random people online anymore. I remember in the early days of madden 03 when it was really, really rare to run into this shit. ever since, it's just gotten worse evey year. Now it's the RULE. When I run into someone who plays straight it's a freaking miracle.

I pray Tiburon *actually* fixed all the B.S. with this adaptive A.I. for Madden 06

P.S. why in the hell do the NCAA devs feels it's okay for people to go for it on fourth down wherever they are on the field, but they boot me from a game for excessive pausing instead of just fucking blocking me from pausing? I want answers.

gstaff

Cerebral Palsy said:
You'll eventually get your passing game going. Good run defense though. Was frustrating me.

Edit: Oh, and does it usually take a while for them to email the game stats to you? I entered my email addy and set it to send game stats right before me and gstaff played, but no email yet.

Gstaff, if you got the stats email can you forward it to FMT?

Yeah I'll send it over.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
I am looking to start off my season with a couple W's tonight so

1. FMT
2. DMczaf
3. CP
1. gstaff
2. ramirez
3. newsguy
4. maverick
1. CK
2. Lonestar
3. Matrix
4. guileless

get in where you fit in sometime around 8-30 pm est...

Malleymal said:
I am looking to start off my season with a couple W's tonight so

3. CP

get in where you fit in sometime around 8-30 pm est...

You're looking in the wrong place if you want a win.

Edit: IM me when you want to play

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
well, looks like VT will be my practice Defense from here on end. I know which team I'm going to be prepared for.

newsguy

Is anyone going to be on tonight at 8:00 eastern so I can set up a game with you from now? I have a window between 8-10 to get a game in, anyone interested?

Well, I just dropped two games. Most god awful offense ever on my part.

p.s. I'm sick of the ball flying out of my hands right to a db everytime I'm sacked. Gggrrr

Mrbob

FMT you beee-attttttch! What part of "Yes, I will be joining the league!" did you not understand? :lol I feel so abused. :(

hgplayer1

Lonestar sorry about the problems with the disconnects. Im gonna tinker with my setup here and see if I can get a stable connection.

youre up 6-0 we have about 3 quarters to play. not sure where you want to pick it up from but anythings cool with me.

FMT you beee-attttttch! What part of "Yes, I will be joining the league!" did you not understand? I feel so abused. :(

if you can't be trouble to post more than one time in the league thread in a week, how could we depend on you for league play? :D

UCLA... marching to a championship! check out mine and DM's gamestats:

Final score: FrenchMov 55 vs. DMczaf 42

Statistics FrenchMov DMczaf
Rushing attempts for 35 23
Rushing yards for 319 155
Passing attempts for 19 36
Passing yards for 208 372

-----------

crazy game that drove DM to the edge of insanity. he refuses to play UCLA anymore :D drew will haunt you... forever dm... for... ev...er!

anyways my rb had over 300 yards rushing and dm basically couldn't stop him. but i couldn't stop DM's playmaker WR.

one thing of note: 0 turnovers for both teams in this game. never seen anything like it

the division is mine women!

DMczaf

UCLA's RB is Ricky Williams NFL2K in disguise

5'8, 190 lbs...yet he breaks 13 tackles and runs for 300 yards!

Seriously Tiburon, throw me a frickin' bone!

Mrbob

FrenchMovieTheme said:
if you can't be trouble to post more than one time in the league thread in a week, how could we depend on you for league play? :D

You've made an enemy with the wrong person! This is going to make your future Madden beatings even more painful!

Top Bottom