• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox NCAA 2006 Thread! Season I: Madden 2005.5 (pick teams inside!)

:lol just played a random game. i'm stomping this cheeseball 17-0 at the half, then the fun starts. everytime i touch the ball in the 2nd half i either lose yards or fumble, literally. i dont know if this is a result of HFA, a mod, or good luck, but it was total bullshit. i convert a 3rd and 8, and RIGHT as i pass the 1st down marker my TE fumbles. i take a toss play for big yardage, as soon as im touched fumble. then, im down by 7 on the final drive, i catch a slant and im going past midfield, i get tackled and fumble. all told i had 3 fumbles in the 2nd half (i had 4 total drives!) and all of them led to a TD for that guy. he would throw to his TE on a post corner every play. and if i covered that, he would throw to his wr who would catch in triple coverage. it didn't work very often, but it did enough for him to get 3 TD's

oh well. such is life in the world of ncaa!

p.s. would GAF implode if madden had the broken tackle/catching problems?

Maverick

I can't even get mad about stuff though, because I know everything that's happening to me is also happening against the guy i'm playing. Really, I think Ramirez has it nailed....the difference this year that's making things so difficult at times is that they toned down manual defense.

I really think they did this because too many fans complained last year of low scoring games. I was just looking at my career online from 04 and most games were 10-0, 14-7, or maaaybe 21-17. I mean, if there's so many of these punks out there, why would EA want to make a tight defensive game?

What I'm hoping for Madden is that the cone vision totally changes the way people have to play the game. I think it'll surely slow the game, put things back to square one so to speak, and that's something that football games need right now, because the current system is just too ripe for exploitation...it's just way too fast...there's little reward for methodical drives when you can rotate three different plays the entire game and hope 1/3 gets you 20+ yards.

Maverick said:
What I'm hoping for Madden is that the cone vision totally changes the way people have to play the game. I think it'll surely slow the game, put things back to square one so to speak, and that's something that football games need right now, because the current system is just too ripe for exploitation...it's just way too fast...there's little reward for methodical drives when you can rotate three different plays the entire game and hope 1/3 gets you 20+ yards.

The only problem with the vision cone is that QBs like Brady, Favre, Manning etc practically have no vision cone at all. They can see the whole field. These are the teams people will use online mostly. I like the concept and all, but I'm afraid the current implementation is just going to make the great offenses better, the average ones worse, and so on. I don't care how good a qb is, they need to restrict the max vision cone to an acceptable size and scale it down from there. Then again I haven't even played '06, so I could be full of shit. But some of the top QB's vision cones look fucking ridiculous.

we can only hope for the best with madden fellow chums.

but seriously, TRY to enjoy ncaa. there are a lot of minor and major issues, but its better than nothing

p.s. maybe i'd be more upset if i weren't winning all my games :D

Ramirez

i can say is it's no surprise that the people who have a huge problem w/ the game are the people who are losing.

Oh please,and the only reason you don't have a problem with the game is because you have a 4 foot running back that can break 30 tackles a game *insert HUGE rolleyes*.

I really could care less if I win,I pretty much expect not to win,I don't play the game at all,I'm just calling the game out on it's flaws.Please show me where I got mad at the fact that I lost or was mad at someone's playing style?Oh wait,I didn't,heh.

DMczaf

Is it me or is FMT turning into the Konex of NCAA?

all i can say is it's no surprise that the people who have a huge problem w/ the game are the people who are losing.

Sounds like something Konex would be saying right now to protect NFL2K6!

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
DMczaf said:

Sounds like something Konex would be saying right now to protect NFL2K6!

:lol

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
I'll play too,I want to trade this in for madden and want this league done in time.

CP,challenge me after you play dm or whatever,Ill be online.

Matrix

I f-ing hate this game,this game is all about fucking running and punt/kick off returns for tds....passing in this game is a complete fucking joke.

Matrix said:
I f-ing hate this game,this game is all about fucking running and punt/kick off returns for tds....passing in this game is a complete fucking joke.

Yeah, passing was absolutely horrible that game. Only time I got anywhere was running. 25 or so pass attempts and I couldn't even bust 80 yards for the game. Sad

hgplayer1

Ill be online tonight most of the night. if anyone wants to play either msg me on AIM or send me an invite. no matter what game Im in Ill leave it and join you.

am I the only one who hasnt completed a game yet?

Ive got a few things to do and then Ill be logged in the rest of the evening.

Ramirez

Let me make another rant,keep in mind this is after a game I just won.

My WRs dropped multiple easy passes,my QB has the accuracy of my local HS's QB,then at the end of the game,my WRs magically start breaking away from the defenders that had shut them down all game,just magical speedbursts out of no where.

Every TD scored was a Def. TD aside from HG's last one,which was a miracle bomb that my defender decided to grow alligator arms for -_-

The game is so flawed and stupid,passing effectively with any kind of consistency is just not possible.

Oh please,and the only reason you don't have a problem with the game is because you have a 4 foot running back that can break 30 tackles a game *insert HUGE rolleyes*.

you don't talk about drew that way!!

:lol except i admit the game is garbage in a lot of respects. my point is what else do we have to play until madden comes out? nothing, thats what. so enjoy your beatings!

i think the biggest problem, for me anyways, with the game is that i can't depend on my guys to catch anything short. why am i going to throw short if my guys are probably going to drop wide open passes? i have a better chance of throwing a deep bomb into triple coverage than i do throwing a button hook.

but i dont throw deep cause i can run pretty easily :D

newsguy

Cerebral Palsy said:
Newsguy, Wellington, or Guileless ever going to log on to XBL? Once I can get those 3 games completed I only have division games left.

This entire week I work until midnight eastern, so if you're on that late we can play. Saturday I'm going to make an effort to play as many games as possible.

Ramirez

Maybe HG can send you the stats,this is what I got...

Final score: DaAnswer3 20 vs. hgplayer1 17

StatisticsВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В DaAnswer3В В В В В В В В hgplayer1В В В В В В
Rushing attempts forВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 27В В В В В В В В В В В В В 27
Rushing yards forВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 79В В В В В В В В В В В В 160
Passing attempts forВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 21В В В В В В В В В В В В В 27
Passing yards forВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 136В В В В В В В В В В В В В 83
PuntsВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 6В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 6
Fake puntsВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0
Field goals forВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 2В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 1
Long field goals (40+) forВ В В В В В В В В В В 2В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 1
Fake kicksВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0
Times player went for twoВ В В В В В В В В В В В 0В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0
Rushing touchdowns forВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0
Passing touchdowns forВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 1
Returns touchdowns forВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0
Defensive touchdowns forВ В В В В В В В В В В В В 2В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 1
Turnovers forВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 3В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 3
Interceptions forВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 2В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 3
Sacks forВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 4В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 4
Number of third downsВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 11В В В В В В В В В В В В В 12
Third down conversionsВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 3В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 3
Fourth down attemptsВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 1
Fourth down rushing playsВ В В В В В В В В В В В 0В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 1
Fourth down passing playsВ В В В В В В В В В В В 0В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0
Fourth down conversionsВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0
Fourth-and-long situationsВ В В В В В В В В В В 1В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 1
Fourth-and-long attemptsВ В В В В В В В В В В В В 0В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 1
No-huddle playsВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0
Audibles calledВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 1В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0
Hot routes usedВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 3В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 1
ScramblesВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 2В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0
Option playsВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 3В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 3
Shotgun playsВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 18В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 1
Hail Mary playsВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 0
BlitzesВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 21В В В В В В В В В В В В В 30
Time of possessionВ В В В В В В В В В В В В В В 11:39В В В В В В В В В В 12:21

<3 EA

hgplayer1

Ramirez said:
Let me make another rant,keep in mind this is after a game I just won.

My WRs dropped multiple easy passes,my QB has the accuracy of my local HS's QB,then at the end of the game,my WRs magically start breaking away from the defenders that had shut them down all game,just magical speedbursts out of no where.

Every TD scored was a Def. TD aside from HG's last one,which was a miracle bomb that my defender decided to grow alligator arms for -_-

The game is so flawed and stupid,passing effectively with any kind of consistency is just not possible.

heh i just knew you were getting pissed at some of those drops to WIDE OPEN RBs. I control the LB all the time so Im always letting one get away from me and you would have been killing me if those drops hadnt occurred. I was just glad I was able to come back somehow.

I swear on some of my passes I thought I was throwing into single coverage then when the ball gets there its two guys. your D was on my WRs so tight I couldnt make two of them out. can i get some props for my draw play on 3 and 6 or 7 to convert? how about that one screen pass where my WR gobbled up some good yardage then did pushups on the sideline then he was tired for the next 3 plays. idiot@!

what was up with that one play where you intentionally grounded?

hgplayer1

yeah my stats came in fine. and Ill email them as soon as FMT updates the first post with the email addy and the website for stats. no way Im skimming through this thread again for info. NO WAY! :lol

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
whew, looks like my connections back up.

Sorry Malley, right as I was punting, I think I had a power surge. The XBox cord's surge protector popped, TV went out, and my internet connection died. Just got back up. Haven't tried the XBox yet though.

Though, the way the game was going, might need to just give you the win ;)

i would play you if i hadn't already demolished you in all 3 division games. drew said never forget!

maurice.jpg

"mmm, check out my sweet pooper ladies"

football.jpg

look familiar DM??

a8vm5463.jpg

he isn't being tackled, he is actually flying. SCORE!

gstaff

I was thinking i could get the quick pass, get a first down...actually, I have no idea what i was thinking. Bummer because I finally got the hit stick to pay off for me on that fumble.

Oh well, that game had a little of everything

Ramirez

Yea,the draws were killing me,it was a good called game on both sides I felt,just the same BS I've seen in every game was happening with the drops and stuff.

what was up with that one play where you intentionally grounded?

I was actually trying to pumpfake,I have no clue what button it is,so I tried white,which wasn't it :lol

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
is anyone going to beat me or am i going to go undefeated as i plan on doing in madden?

Youll join my NFL2K5 championship as "Winners of Football Leagues No One Will Care About 3 Days After Season 1 Is Done".

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Can't wait to destroy you guys. FMT is the only one that knows of my offense. Even after that lucky BS fumble it stormed down the field owning defenders left and right!

gstaff

FrenchMovieTheme said:
is anyone going to beat me or am i going to go undefeated as i plan on doing in madden?

Yeah, that loss hurt and it sucks we don't play again. Have you gotten scores yet from all the people who appear to have not played yet?

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
hopefully will be home in the next 30 minutes-1 hour. Want to finish our game from yesterday Malley?

Top Bottom