• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox NCAA 2006 Thread! Season I: Madden 2005.5 (pick teams inside!)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Fifty said:
Matrix....you have no one to blame but yourself. I hope they give you $2 for your trade in!

I do blame myself for buying the game,but everything I had heard about the game said it was easier to catch this year and that was my biggest gripe.This year's version is actually worse,atleast to me it is.This year it truly feels like VC made it.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Sure HG,I'll go on.

You be home.

Ramirez

come on dude that was a good game. if you want to quit the league then whatever, but you did the samething in last years madden when you started losing so i'm not exactly sure it has to do with you hating ncaa.

I don't think I ever didn't win 13 games at least in the madden seasons,so your point doesn't make sense.I quit Madden after about prolly my 250th game of it online,I was just tired of it.

NCAA on the other hand,is a complete fucking joke.It baffles me with less than 2 minutes to go and you're down by 7 and on like your 20 yard line that you are running the ball,it's because you know with that RB in this game you actually have a better chance of scoring with him breaking tackles than you do passing :lol On offense,you run run run,if you have to go to a passing down,then you would always try to get it out to the RB in the flats since my LB can't get out there in time.The blitz penetration in the game is awful,I was getting ass raped by so many defenders on every single down,line up in a 3 WR formation and you'd go 3-4 and just blitz and there was nothing I could do because I had so many people on me.

I partly blame the game for being such a POS,but I also don't care for your playstyle,but I've been wanting to not play in the league since the first day I got the game,it just sucks.Like I said,you can ban me from all the leagues,I really don't care,but I'm not playing another game of this crap.

Matrix

This game is such bs.. seemed like every time I had something going and I ran the ball against HG in the first half,I fumbled.

FUCKING BS SHIT GAME....I STOP HG ON A 3RD DOWN AND INCHS AND INSTEAD OF PUNTING IT OFF,I GET HIT WITH ANOTHER TAUNTING PENALTY AND HE GETS A FREE FIRST DOWN AND GOES ON FOR A NICE DEEP TD THROW.

I cant stand this game.

EDIT- NOW I FUMBLE ON A PUNT RETURN.

GG Hg,but I really felt like I was playing the cpu and you,f-ing fumbles and taunting shit.I dont want to take anything away from your game playing cause you played great,but I got fucked left and right like usual.

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
There's no way I can finish by the 29th, I have to take the Mississippi Bar exam Monday-Wednesday down in Jackson. I'll try to get some games in tomorrow before I leave. Sorry to everyone wanting an easy victory over the B minus Rebels (B stands for bullshit we're really better than that).

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
ok, that's finally over. Wonder if there's something wrong with my connection, or TJ's. We got disconnected 3 times! After the 1st quarter, restarted, disconnect at the end of the 3rd, and actually once right after we started at the very beginning.

FMT, I know you probably getting tired of mulitple emails from my games :/

hgplayer1

Matrix said:
This game is such bs.. seemed like every time I had something going and I ran the ball against HG in the first half,I fumbled.

FUCKING BS SHIT GAME....I STOP HG ON A 3RD DOWN AND INCHS AND INSTEAD OF PUNTING IT OFF,I GET HIT WITH ANOTHER TAUNTING PENALTY AND HE GETS A FREE FIRST DOWN AND GOES ON FOR A NICE DEEP TD THROW.

I cant stand this game.

EDIT- NOW I FUMBLE ON A PUNT RETURN.

GG Hg,but I really felt like I was playing the cpu and you,f-ing fumbles and taunting shit.I dont want to take anything away from your game playing cause you played great,but I got fucked left and right like usual.

:lol welcome to how I felt in Madden last year! there was definitely some BS in that game on your side though you were running a good number of your plays very well but like you said they kept ending in disaster. I was LMAO at that flag for doing pushups! i guess you gotta hurry up and skip it so it doesnt become excessive. one of my guys started doing that shit late in the game and I was mashing on A. I think thats the first football game in more than a year that Ive played online where I knew it was over and I was gonna win early in the game. so thats what it feels like. :p

Matrix

hgplayer1 said:
:lol welcome to how I felt in Madden last year! there was definitely some BS in that game on your side though you were running a good number of your plays very well but like you said they kept ending in disaster. I was LMAO at that flag for doing pushups! i guess you gotta hurry up and skip it so it doesnt become excessive. one of my guys started doing that shit late in the game and I was mashing on A. I think thats the first football game in more than a year that Ive played online where I knew it was over and I was gonna win early in the game. so thats what it feels like. :p

:lol Oh I felt for you last year in Madden,sadly this isnt the first time in this years NCAA that this has happened to me.Its hard as hell to pass in this game when your WR's suck,but then to have your running game being fucked over too...well I just gave up.

I was trying everything to get that douche to stop doing the pushups,nope he just had to get it out of his system >_<

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
LMAO at the direction this game has taken.... this game has went from being greatly anticipated to a weed plate is a weeks time....

Matrix

Who wants to play now? I want to get my games done even faster!!!!!

Malley? Anyone? HG again? DM? Fmt?

I don't think I ever didn't win 13 games at least in the madden seasons,so your point doesn't make sense.I quit Madden after about prolly my 250th game of it online,I was just tired of it.

huh? you threatened to quit the league or not join the next season each time you went on a losing streak in pretty much every season of madden :lol

NCAA on the other hand,is a complete fucking joke.It baffles me with less than 2 minutes to go and you're down by 7 and on like your 20 yard line that you are running the ball,it's because you know with that RB in this game you actually have a better chance of scoring with him breaking tackles than you do passing On offense,you run run run,if you have to go to a passing down,then you would always try to get it out to the RB in the flats since my LB can't get out there in time.The blitz penetration in the game is awful,I was getting ass raped by so many defenders on every single down,line up in a 3 WR formation and you'd go 3-4 and just blitz and there was nothing I could do because I had so many people on me.

first off you ran the ball more than i did. secondly i had more passing attempts than you. but why would i pass when all my WR's do is drop the ball? you were blitzing your LB's, why wouldn't i throw into the flats? LB blitz + deep coverage = where else am i supposed to throw? i also played the 3-4 defense maybe 2 or 3 times. i played mostly out of the nickel or dime. i needed to blitz you a lot because your mike vick-ish QB was getting all the time in the world early scrambling around

I partly blame the game for being such a POS,but I also don't care for your playstyle,but I've been wanting to not play in the league since the first day I got the game,it just sucks.Like I said,you can ban me from all the leagues,I really don't care,but I'm not playing another game of this crap.

:lol you dont care for my playstyle? i didn't throw a bomb on you one time in the game. all i did was throw short passes, run the ball and wait for you to make mistakes. your RB is a playmaker too, and i stopped him. my rb can be stopped. people in the league have done it.

i'm not going to "ban" anyone from the league (except bog!), but if you are going to throw a tantrum every time you get the short end of the straw then why bother playing? this is exactly why i prefaced the league signup thread with a "bad things are going to happen to you, if you cant deal with it dont bother joining".

guess what? the same shit that is happening to you in NCAA will happen to you in madden. you're going to feel like you've been shorted, or that someones playstyle was dirty, or that you shouldn't have given up that play cause my lower rated o-line blocked your 90+ dline. those things will all happen, and i understand that you're frustrated but there are people who have been frustrated w/ ncaa and madden (last year) and didn't threaten to quit or quit the league at every bad point

Matrix

I dont think anyone has played dirty at all in the league or has a fucked up play style that ive played so far,I think the game is clouding what you think is fucked up Ram.Fmt plays totally legit,yes is RB is a super fucking VC robot douche with super powers,but if I had him I would run with him too,cause its tooooooooo hard to catch in this game.

The game is broken,its a VC football game with EA's logo slapped on it,thats the simple truth and whoever doesnt see it is Konex the 2nd.

Imo FMT is playing the same way he plays in Madden,difference is the game is fucked up so it makes it seem that hes playing unfair or a shitty playstyle.

Matrix

Oh and does anyone want to play this piece of shit game against me now?

Matrix

Sorry Lonestar,didnt see your post and I'm playing Fifty in MVP baseball...if you're around later,want to play?

Again sorry.

Lonestar

no problem, I might be around...

I think I'm going to...GASP, attempt to play a stranger!

Disconnect here I come!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I got my new Xbox today, I will be online tomorrow playing!

Fair warning, passing in Madden 2006 is a lot... a lot easier, and players that are good with QBs will be able to move the ball quickly and effectively. Bitch about it here and now. (I guarantee top tier players will learn how to play CB/Safety)

newsguy

Wellington said:

Fair warning, passing in Madden 2006 is a lot... a lot easier, and players that are good with QBs will be able to move the ball quickly and effectively. Bitch about it here and now. (I guarantee top tier players will learn how to play CB/Safety)

anonymous-oh-shit-4900341.jpg

TJ, I deleted the email (I hadn't been on GAF to see your message) but because FMT said he probably won't be keeping detailed stats, do you just want to give in the score? Damn, I don't even remember, I believe you won 22-20. FMT, is this ok? Sorry we couldn't keep these stats, but just add 1 in the win column for TJ and 1 in the loss column for Newsguy.

thank god. i have no problems defending the deep ball even in ncaa. 1 out of every 10 get through on me, whatever ill live. i just want to be able to run a west coast offense and complete some short, high percentage passes and work my way downfield with ball control. i can't do this in ncaa.

p.s. i plan to pick you apart with rat or alex... it makes no difference to me who beats you

the two biggest things that irk me about ncaa are the drops and the inconsistency of your QB. even with HFA turned off, and even with a high confidence rating, my QB seems to be way off target sometimes. i like this idea in theory, and i like its implementation on deep throws that need to be made tight, but why in the name of my nuts is my QB so rattled that he can't throw to a wide open RB 5 yards away? its just frustrating to work downfield, then you get caught in a 3rd and 3 and dump it to a TE or RB but your QB throws it way over his head or out of bounds.

Matrix

Wellington said:

This news makes me giddy :lol

Matrix

Wellington said:
Don't get too excited, deep balls have been re-worked and it's a different... Well you'll see.

I just dont throw deep balls :( Oh well,I just hope my Off line gives Carr a chance.

Ramirez

Where exactly did I throw a tantrum French?Oh wait,I didn't.

Each of my posts has been a logical thought out rant,I made one after I won against HG,I guess that was a tantrum too! :lol

But whatever,I'm not arguing about a game anymore,this happens every year,and I'd rather not participate in it,the game sucks,end of story.

Just take me off the Madden league,I'll pass on all the drama.

Maverick

I just can't play this game anymore, I'm really sorry but it's literally making me so frustrated that I threw a controller against a wall last night. It's only a videogame and that's just ridiculous so for my own good I took the game straight to Gamestop.

You can call me a flake, a dickhead, whatever but I don't think I'll be back around the forum for a while anyway. I pretty much only play sports games, and I think when I do get Madden I'm going to just stick w/ offline play for a while. When you get to the point where you're throwing controllers against a wall, you need to stop and laugh at yourself. :lol

I will say this though....This game is an embarrassment. Honestly a horrible game on its core level when you strip away all the bells and whistles. Do you relalize if the graphics of Xbox/PS2 were stripped down to PS1 graphics, this game would be torn apart by the media? The core gameplay just makes no sense and if you compare it to NCAA 04, it is an enormous step back.

It just is not fun at all to play a game that is so goddamn random. Do yourselves a favor and just sell this POS and go get Winning Eleven 8 or something to tide you over till Madden. Hell, get NCAA 04.

Mrbob

Matrix said:
I just dont throw deep balls :( Oh well,I just hope my Off line gives Carr a chance.

Yeah, right! :lol

Im trying to get into NCAA 06, but I just can't. It's not horrible game, and a little bit of a step up from last year, but just not enough! Looks like the league is plummetting into nothingness so I really have no reason to keep this game. Ah well, better trade it in towards Madden before I lose some valuable credit.

Where exactly did I throw a tantrum French?Oh wait,I didn't.

Each of my posts has been a logical thought out rant,I made one after I won against HG,I guess that was a tantrum too!

But whatever,I'm not arguing about a game anymore,this happens every year,and I'd rather not participate in it,the game sucks,end of story.

Just take me off the Madden league,I'll pass on all the drama.

sorry if i came off as an asshole but it's just disappointing when regulars give the "i hate this game im going to quit" speech. i'm not saying any of your complaints are unfounded, i even agree with you.

there is no drama in the madden league except drama that is created by the person complaining. i would prefer you join the madden league, but i guarantee that you are going to lose in the same exact manner you're losing in NCAA (minus the broken RB tackles and WR drops), and you aren't going to be happy about it. so if you want in the madden league please join because you are a reliable player and a regular sports player. i just want to warn you and everyone else (just like i did in ncaa) that bullshit is going to happen and you're going to hate the game. if you can't deal with it save yourself the trouble and dont join. but if you can, by all means join

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
With various people quitting the league can we get an updated list of who is still actually playing the game? I have a lot of issues but I'm willing to stick it out for a while. Hopefully next year's Xbox 360 / PS3 incarnations of NCAA will actually evolve this recently plagued series.

gstaff

I'm still here El Guapo!...well, I think my Xbox just died.

I get three clicks...pause...three clicks over and over. Every so often the game kicks on, but I am seeinga green/red flash on the console....I assume the end is near.

Lonestar

THE END IS NIGH

I think I'm still in. Played a lousy Tennessee player last night, all he did was outside blitz with a LB, and throw long bombs that he shouldn't be able to catch. Played AT Tennessee, with that damn HFA on. Only lost by a TD though.

Matrix

Mrbob said:
Yeah, right! :lol

Im trying to get into NCAA 06, but I just can't. It's not horrible game, and a little bit of a step up from last year, but just not enough! Looks like the league is plummetting into nothingness so I really have no reason to keep this game. Ah well, better trade it in towards Madden before I lose some valuable credit.

All you play is 4 wide out! Hush!

No its not,shows how much you have played.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
Matrix said:

:lol:lol:lol Sure you don't man. Funniest thing I've read all afternoon.

I am so glad I didn't commit to this league. I've almost completed my first season in Heisman mode and all I can say is that "This game is brutal". There is no consistancy at all. None.
I've got my tackling maxed out and I'll still have a RB break two or three in a play and run for a TD every once in awhile.

And I've had the ball go through players TWICE now. I caught a TD in a game yesterday that went through the defenders head, and last week I had a ball go through my body and get caught by the opposing TE. Ridiculous.

I think this game is actually worse than NCAA 2005.

Matrix

Truelize said:
:lol:lol:lol Sure you don't man. Funniest thing I've read all afternoon.

I am so glad I didn't commit to this league. I've almost completed my first season in Heisman mode and all I can say is that "This game is brutal". There is no consistancy at all. None.
I've got my tackling maxed out and I'll still have a RB break two or three in a play and run for a TD every once in awhile.

And I've had the ball go through players TWICE now. I caught a TD in a game yesterday that went through the defenders head, and last week I had a ball go through my body and get caught by the opposing TE. Ridiculous.

I think this game is actually worse than NCAA 2005.

I never said I didnt throw deep balls,but I did score other ways.I would have never won a game if I had thrown deep balls 100% of the time.

Its still not my fault that I could do it like no one else :lol I have no idea why I was so good at it.

hgplayer1

well my internet was out almost all day again today. same thing happened last sunday. weird.

Im still in though Im not going to be puttin any extra effort into scheduling games since it looks like this league has pretty much imploded.

seems like every league just gets worse and worse. more bitching more quitting. why cant we ever just commit to finishing? I understand the people who are wanting to trade in NCAA for Madden but if thats the case with so many people why didnt we just do tournies?

Im really disappointed with the way this turned out since I was actually having fun in the few games I played. Im just glad I played and finished a season offline otherwise this would have been a complete waste of money. I wont get tricked into this shit next year.......again. :(

Matrix

You know what HG we should have done tournies,that would have been better :(

Ramirez

Ok,I'll play in Madden,I just get really bent out of shape when the game fucking sucks as much as this game does,the amount of arguing I've done over this game is close to a VC game,which is just sad on EA's part. -_-

People need to stop crying and finish your games. I personally wouldn't let anyone in the Madden league that bailed on this one. You'll just do the same exact thing again if you aren't happy with Madden.

Ramirez

Considering everyone bailed on NCAA last year,and we had 4 or 5 Madden seasons that makes a whole lot of sense. -_-

Ramirez said:
Considering everyone bailed on NCAA last year,and we had 4 or 5 Madden seasons that makes a whole lot of sense. -_-

So, what if you aren't happy with the passing in Madden this year? Or the running game? You going to cry about it and then drop out of the league? Just cause you might have been okay with how Madden played last year is no guarantee you will be this year.

and lol, I thought you flaked out of a Madden league last year.

Seriously, everyone needs to show some character and finish their fucking games. This is ridiculous.

ive fucking had it with this game! i lost to CP on the biggest bullshit ever. first off my guys cant catch anything. then his QB makes throws right on the money, his D stuffs my passes, my top 2 QB's get injured for the game and to top it off in the last minute i get a bullshit 15 yard face mask when i had him wrapped up! fuck this game!

:lol :lol i kid! that was a gg CP. i'm not sure why i didn't go for 2 to put myself up 7 but in the end it didn't matter. on that last play i threw i actually meant to throw it to drew who was coming across the middle past the 1st down marker but i must have pushed R instead of L cause i threw to my FB. i know my knee was down before 10 yards but i saw the ball end up past the 1st down marker and i said "please god!" but nope. my luck ran out :( gg chum

Top Bottom