• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox NCAA 2006 Thread! Season I: Madden 2005.5 (pick teams inside!)

FrenchMovieTheme said:
p.s. the only person to play all 17 games so far is myself :D 16-1! i won't forget that blemish CP... and i wont forgive!

WOOT!

I only have 4 games left. That is lame we only have until tomorrow! Ck, Guileless, Newsguy, or DM! IM me if you want to play!

newsguy

Cerebral Palsy said:
WOOT!

I only have 4 games left. That is lame we only have until tomorrow! Ck, Guileless, Newsguy, or DM! IM me if you want to play!
I only see MrBob on IM right now.

newsguy said:
I only see MrBob on IM right now.

I was on XBL. My router died, so I can't keep the pc connected.

And that game was lame. Definitely lost cause of all of the stupid picks I threw, but running the hb direct snap every other play was beyond lame.

DMczaf said:
WTF? Thats my playbook :lol Half of my running plays are direct HB snaps with the UNLV playbook.

Funny you didn't run them every other play in our previous games. I think it was the fact that absolutely nothing in my book was stopping it, so you ran with it every snap. Please don't complain about FMT's running game again.

Please don't complain about FMT's running game again.

what my GA Madden chums forget is that i averaged nearly the same amount of yards running in madden 2005 that i do in ncaa 2006. it only seems like more because my average yards per carry are up. but then i have to ask what's the difference between me rushing for 80 yards in a drive on 12 plays or on 5? i still score a touchdown! suck it down GAF you can't stop my running game, ncaa or otherwise!

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
suck it down GAF you can't stop my running game, ncaa or otherwise!

Consider it STOPPED in Madden 06, I promise you that you will never get over 100 yards against me. If you do, I'll wear an avatar of your choice!

Consider it STOPPED in Madden 06, I promise you that you will never get over 100 yards against me. If you do, I'll wear an avatar of your choice!

wtf are you serious? how long will you wear the avatar for?

i dont know why you would want to make a rushing bet against me, all i do is play moochball, and that means 25+ rushes per game. i guarantee you i will AVERAGE 100 yards rushing against you in madden 2006

ill give you 12 hours to rethink that. remember what happened last year when you lost the EA Online Leagues bet? You cursed the bucs for the entire season!

p.s. you better believe that your avatar will have something to do with del homme

Ramirez

I'm pretty sure I kept that bastard from UCLA under a hundred until the miracle fumble my guy gave up,thus allowing more rushing opportunities ;)

DMczaf

FrenchMovieTheme said:
ill give you 12 hours to rethink that. remember what happened last year when you lost the EA Online Leagues bet? You cursed the bucs for the entire season!

p.s. you better believe that your avatar will have something to do with del homme

I hope you know this bet is for the league only, not for EVERY Madden 06 online game. That would be insane :lol

i hate the hb direct snap and that shotgun sideways draw (which i have used :D ) because it seems as though the RB is running @ nearly triple the speed of the defense, and even of his own offensive blockers. what this does is even if your opponent shifts to the exact side you are running, he is so fast he can just immediately cut back the other way for a free first down. meh, what are you gonna do

final standings (if you finish games a little later tonight i will count them, but playoffs are starting later tonight)

--------

http://www.49ers-age.com/games/ncaa.html

GAF West W L GB Streak Vs. Div Vs. Conf PF PA
UCLA 16 1 - W13 8-0 11-0 447 235
UNLV 9 4 4 W3 5-3 5-3 291 350
Virginia Tech 6 5 3.5 L2 2-3 4-3 257 191
Utah 6 8 3 L1 0-5 4-5 211 253

GAF East W L GB Streak Vs. Div Vs. Conf PF PA
Michigan 5 2 - W3 0-1 0-1 165 143
Miami 2 4 3 L4 0-0 0-1 112 119
Florida State 1 2 1.5 L1 0-0 0-1 60 71
Pittsburgh 0 3 3 L3 0-2 0-3 34 89

GAF North W L GB Streak Vs. Div Vs. Conf PF PA
Alabama 4 4 - L1 1-1 1-1 185 154
Florida 2 2 - - - - - -
Houston 2 5 1 L1 1-0 1-0 77 108
Ole Miss 1 2 1 L1 0-1 0-1 0 41

GAF South W L GB Streak Vs. Div Vs. Conf PF PA
HGplayer1 1 2 - - - - - -
Iowa 1 2 .5 L1 0-0 0-0 40 21
MrBob - - - - - - - -
Louisville 0 2 - - - - - -
-------

Tentative Playoff Matchups:

1. UCLA Vs. 4. Virginia Tech
2. Michigan Vs. 3. UNLV

1. florida Vs. 4. Iowa
2. alabama Vs. 3. HGplayer (i still dont know what team he is!)
------

also guys please double check my records. i can only put down the emails that i have, and because not everyone sends me their emails from their games sometimes it is tricky to keep track of (i.e. instead of going to "dm's file" i have to go to his file, THEN double check everyone elses to make sure there aren't any games i missed cause he didn't email it to me)

so, i apologize if i messed up the records but let me know and i will get them right. CK already notified me that he was 3-2, which is going to change the first playoff matchups

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
Logging on if anyone wants to play. And I'm confused between who "I play" in the playoffs. HG or TJBennet?

hgplayer1

TJ Bennett said:
Hey hgplayer, if you can play sometime tonight lets play. My IM is Strooodel and we need to face off for divisional glory.

I can play in the next few minutes. I just sent you a message on AIM.

am I seeing this right? nobody else in our division has an actual record but us two?

oh and I use Texas A&M. pretty sure I posted that a longggggg time ago

hgplayer1

ok heres what I have in my emails for games played.

Final score: hgplayer1(TXA&M) 14 vs. TJ Bennett(Iowa) 13
Final score: hgplayer1(TXA&M) 15 vs. UjustLost(MIA) 35
Final score: hgplayer1(TXA&M) 13 vs. Wellie(FLA) 16
Final score: hgplayer1(TXA&M) 31 vs. matrixadw(HOU) 3 <---not sure if this was a league game
Final score: hgplayer1(TXA&M) 14 vs. Lonestar 1979(SYR) 9 <---two games had to be played I have emails from both.
Final score: hgplayer1(TXA&M) 13 vs. Gstaff(MICH) 17
Final score: hgplayer1(TXA&M) 17 vs. DaAnswer3(FSU) 20
Final score: hgplayer1(TXA&M) 24 vs. malleymal(VaTech) 31

those are in order by most recent played. I have all the emails with stats to them if you need them FMT. I didnt realize I had played that many games already. looks like Im 3-5.

dont we have an understood rule about going for it on 4th down on your own side of the field in the first half?

hg, i will update the record but it'll still be the same matchup regardless, you will play lonestar.

and yes we are playing simball. if it is near midfield, and its 4th and inches in the 1st half, that is the call of the player. but 4th and 5 or something should be a punt. it's not a "rule" because i thought it was generally understood, but if it becomes a huge problem it will be a rule

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
I am home til about 9:30 EDT tonight. Saturday I am busy all damned day. I may be able to sneak a game in in the afternoon. Sunday I will be around.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
FMT sorry man, I thought I had thursday night to my self but i didnt, and today I was up in the city with my girl for the destiny child concert... let me know when u can play and its on..

hgplayer1

Final score: hgplayer1 31 vs. Lonestar 1979 35

gg lonestar.

keys to this game:

2 fake punts to convert 4th downs
settling for a FG after I had a big run to get the ball inside the 5
not being able to burn the 4-4 even with 4 wide

Lonestar

had to pull out all the stops. After the 1st quarter, I could tell the CPU wanted me to lose. Repeated fumbles, just some straight BS that goes on.

Keys to the game was 3 Turnover's each. If I don't get those 2 INT's from you near the end, the final score is different.

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
the game was only one half... FMT had it in the bag since the beginning.....

keys to the game

and me stopping a drive when the score is close and then FMT punting to my idiot PR who doesnt want to run away from the ball instead he does a chun Li spinning heel kick to the ball and FMT gets the ball back on the 10 yd line...

gstaff

Alright, so i am back from the wedding. Am I playing DM in a playoff game or is the season still going?

hit my AIM up (mgrandst) to play

dm: eliminated

welp, looks like im in the championship game. let me know when you guys are done playing (other division)! then i will win the first and only championship!

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Yeah we did, and I won luckily. I was up 24-7 going into the fourth and he managed to get it to 27-21 before I was luckily able to hold on. I can go tonight if you want Lone, but it may be later than we both would like. Had a bit of an emergency here at work heh.

Lonestar

heh, we'll fit it in at some point. I'm waiting on an inevitable emergency at work too. I'm 1 of 2 people that can do our job, and the other guy is on vacation all week in the Florida Keys. If anything goes wrong, there goes my night. We'll just make FMT wait that much longer.

how about i just play you both seperately, then whoever wins we will already have the championship game played? i want to trade the game in while i can still get a good profit :D

Lonestar

Well, I've been called back into work last 2 days, spending about 14-15 hours there per day, and it sounds like CK's pulling in the same amount of time where he works too.

If you actually want to do the "play both and act like that's the championship game" then I'll be up for that.

Lonestar

It's iffy here, I've got a full days worth of work by 11 am, if I can get this done I'm outta here at 4pm at least...if they bring me NOTHING for the rest of the day. Which won't happen, but still. And hopefully, I won't be called back in here AGAIN.

We do have Physical Inventory tomorrow, so that's a 10-12 hour day. Today would probably be the best day, otherwise it's the weekend.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
It's iffy here, I've got a full days worth of work by 11 am, if I can get this done I'm outta here at 4pm at least...if they bring me NOTHING for the rest of the day. Which won't happen, but still. And hopefully, I won't be called back in here AGAIN.

We do have Physical Inventory tomorrow, so that's a 10-12 hour day. Today would probably be the best day, otherwise it's the weekend.

It's cool man. At least we can sympathize with each other :lol

I just fell asleep in a meeting. :|

Lonestar

Wee, already more stuff piling in! I've yawned at least 60 times since I've gotten here.

Top Bottom