• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox NCAA 2006 Thread! Season I: Madden 2005.5 (pick teams inside!)

Ramirez

CP,you dropped out of the ESPN league last year if I recall,so please,quit talking as if you have a spotless record.And didn't you attempt to be in the Madden stuff last year and drop out?I finished every Madden season last year that I started,so enough with the non sense.

Ramirez said:
CP,you dropped out of the ESPN league last year if I recall,so please,quit talking as if you have a spotless record.And didn't you attempt to be in the Madden stuff last year and drop out?I finished every Madden season last year that I started,so enough with the non sense.

At least I stayed in the ESPN league until we got someone to take over my team for me. I didn't leave everyone with a team and no owner.

Also, I didn't signup for any Madden leagues last year, though I was planning on it. 2 months free XBL sub ran out and I was busy with school.

Edit: NCAA isn't half as bad as the problems 2K5 had either IMO. We could have almost been done with this league already if people stopped crying and finished their games.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Though I came out on the winning end of my first league game, I just had one thing to note:

We call this Madden 2005.5, so is pulling your lineman off the line or spreading the line going to be allowed? It still has the same effect as in 2005 since there is no slide protection to help out.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
WEEEE....THAT WAS FUN

And if FMT isn't here and reading this: FUCKASS NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

newsguy

FrenchMovieTheme said:
no ck. no one should be using those cheesy tactics. i think i've played almost everyone in the league and no one has done it yet that i've seen

So no spreading the line? I don't think I've seen this in the games I've played, but I thought it was legit to stop the sweep. Either way, I don't use that feature (as my defensive stats show).

you can stunt the line to spread. but to physically move them (L trigger + Up on the D-pad) is pretty cheesy. perhaps it will be acceptable in madden 2006 because you can adjust your offensive lines blocking schemes, but it should be avoided in ncaa.

Ramirez

At least I stayed in the ESPN league until we got someone to take over my team for me. I didn't leave everyone with a team and no owner.

I had no choice but to quit,I played like 6 games and couldn't get any of them to report :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
So what's the word chum(p)s, who is still in the league and who is out? My march to glory began yesterday, and I wouldn't want to deny a rightful ass-whoopin to all challengers.

(Also, I want to sell the game soon after the league is done [Not that it's a bad game, just that there are better games coming up], so let's get our games in fellas!)

By the way, my playbook is pass heavy, but I do run a lot, so plz don't complain about me being cheap and doing 4 wide options, I have exactly three formations that aren't four wide. :lol

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
You know I am still up in this bitch..... bring your squad to Hokieville and we can handle this like grown men..

Lonestar

Still in for the most part. I have to beat you at least once CK, to match my 1 victory over you in Madden.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Still in for the most part. I have to beat you at least once CK, to match my 1 victory over you in Madden.

That game last night could have really gone either way. If you didn't chuck up that bomb at the end of the first half that I inted and returned for the TD, you would have waltzed to victory.

Lonestar

Wellington said:
That game last night could have really gone either way. If you didn't chuck up that bomb at the end of the first half that I inted and returned for the TD, you would have waltzed to victory.

Well, it could have, and should have, went the other way. What was up with your kicks? Not even mentioning the 2 consecutive kickoff out of bounds try (seriously, WTF happened there?), but on almost any other kick you tried, you shanked it, even that missed FG from inside the 20. Make that FG, and give me regular KO's, and I'd have to say I'd loose pretty badly. You were killing my D, especially on 3rd down conversions.

But yeah, that INT at the end of the 1st half shouldn't have happened. Seriously was thinking before it "I should just let the clock go out, let the clock run out"

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Lonestar said:
Well, it could have, and should have, went the other way. What was up with your kicks? Not even mentioning the 2 consecutive kickoff out of bounds try (seriously, WTF happened there?), but on almost any other kick you tried, you shanked it, even that missed FG from inside the 20. Make that FG, and give me regular KO's, and I'd have to say I'd loose pretty badly. You were killing my D, especially on 3rd down conversions.

But yeah, that INT at the end of the 1st half shouldn't have happened. Seriously was thinking before it "I should just let the clock go out, let the clock run out"

Been playing too much Madden. The timing is crazy in comparison.

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
Damn, just lost 28-7 to lone, and now I am beating HG 16-0. The game almost feels predetermined. There's always one guy who just can't do shit on offense.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Wellington said:
Damn, just lost 28-7 to lone, and now I am beating HG 16-0. The game almost feels predetermined. There's always one guy who just can't do shit on offense.

:lol Ive been thinking that too.

Lonestar

hgplayer1 said:
the fact that you guys post messages in the middle of games kinda annoys me :lol

Heh, I know. CK can type in IRC and on the board during game, and I loose all connections on my computer in favor of XBox live :/

[/paranoia]

Fifty

hgplayer1 said:
the fact that you guys post messages in the middle of games kinda annoys me :lol

:lol I know! I can't imagine that shit. For one thing, if I was playing I wouldn't have the time or be able to play at 100% if I was running over to the computer during the game, and since we never pause I have no clue how they find the time.....plus if I beat someone who was chatting I'd feel like I was beating someone who wasn't giving their all! :lol

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
hgplayer1 said:

:lol Sorry man. My computer is right next to me as I play. GG.

I guess I am 2-1. 1-1 to Lone, 1-0 to HG.

Matrix, check your PMs.

hgplayer1

yeah gg wellie. I could tell you were doing something because on some of my offensive possesions you ran out of time to call a play.

when I had that 97 yeard run for a TD and I looked at the score I was like "holy shit Im only down 3!"

couple of real obvious drops on my side but overall I think it went pretty well. I still hate the kicking.

Lonestar

I like kicking in this game more than madden. I've yet to miss a kick! True would be proud!

hgplayer1

newsguy said:
Will any of you guys be on at midnight (eastern)? I'm ready to start winning!

Ill probably still be on around that time. add me to your friends list (hgplayer1) and invite me if you see me online.

newsguy

Ok, I'll look you up.

GG HG. There score didn't reflect the game at all. That fumble before the end of the 1st was BS, I didn't even use the strip button. Also, there were a couple of times where I would hit you from an angle, and your RB did some odd animation I've never seen (the one where he almost completely stops and then slowly picks up speed again). Should've ended closer.

hgplayer1

newsguy said:
Ok, I'll look you up.

GG HG. There score didn't reflect the game at all. That fumble before the end of the 1st was BS, I didn't even use the strip button. Also, there were a couple of times where I would hit you from an angle, and your RB did some odd animation I've never seen (the one where he almost completely stops and then slowly picks up speed again). Should've ended closer.

oh that was you?! :lol I just remember accepting invites to games not really paying attention to who I was playing. yeah I was pretty pleased with the first half of the game. from there it just went crazy.

gstaff

Wellington said:
:lol Sorry man. My computer is right next to me as I play. GG.

I guess I am 2-1. 1-1 to Lone, 1-0 to HG.

Matrix, check your PMs.

Wellington, I haven't played you yet. Up for a game tonight?

newsguy

gstaff said:
Wellington, I haven't played you yet. Up for a game tonight?

Dude, Wellington just made the comeback of the century and beat me in OT. GG man, all I could do was watch as you tore a hole in me :(

Wellington

BAAAALLLINNN'
newsguy said:
Dude, Wellington just made the comeback of the century and beat me in OT. GG man, all I could do was watch as you tore a hole in me :(

It was a BS game. All my players were rattled except my impact QB and WR. AND I was home!

dudes the league is going to be finished on friday. get your games in while you can! playoffs start on friday, odds are they will be finished on friday!

newsguy

Wellington said:
Mother ass! I don't even need to play newsguy. :lol

It's cool, these are the new rules

if you are having scheduling problems or people in your division are flakes/quitters, fill in games with whoever you can find that's around.

There was no one else around.

Lonestar

Gonna try to get some in tonight. Trying to remember how many I'm up to.

Malley, did you ever want to finish our game?

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Anybody up for a game? MY IM name is Strooodel so message me if you want to play. That is if the league is still even going. :(

guys, tomorrow night i am going to update the standings page for the final time. so if you want to make your push for the playoffs, do it within the next 24 hours or so. the playoffs will start on friday. preferably to end the same day. enjoy friends!

p.s. the only person to play all 17 games so far is myself :D 16-1! i won't forget that blemish CP... and i wont forgive!

Lonestar

FrenchMovieTheme said:
guys, tomorrow night i am going to update the standings page for the final time. so if you want to make your push for the playoffs, do it within the next 24 hours or so. the playoffs will start on friday. preferably to end the same day. enjoy friends!

bLAH, I spit at the from Thine Place of Work!

Top Bottom