• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Xbox NCAA 2006 Thread! Season I: Madden 2005.5 (pick teams inside!)

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Anyone around who I havent played...want to play?

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
Since a lot of people hate the game or are not playing,maybe we should just play a total of 17 games against whoever we want using the teams we picked,but this way the people who are playing can get their games done faster :\

The faster this league is over and I know I aint winning shit with Houston,the quicker I can trade this in for Madden :(

Matrix

"Anyone down for a game? I vow to hold the next person I play under 11 yards per carry."

GG man...my friggin passing game is disgusting and my QB is a bum.Atleast I wasnt held to 11 yards running :p

God I cant stand this game,when you have a wideopen WR and the damn QB just throws the ball out of bounce,this isnt peewee league >_<

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
Good game. Kolb is a good QB in real life and Houston should be able to light up the scoreboard. You did have some sweet jukes. The problem is the omnisicient DBs and LBs, flying from 10 yards away to knock down a pass.

Matrix

Guileless said:
Good game. Kolb is a good QB in real life and Houston should be able to light up the scoreboard. You did have some sweet jukes. The problem is the omnisicient DBs and LBs, flying from 10 yards away to knock down a pass.

Yea I know Kolb is good in real life,thats the problem with this game.I know Houston's D should suck and it does,but they have turned the Houston O into complete shit in this game and like you said the DBs and LBS either swat everything down or int everything.

i warned you and DM not to pick Garbage University, but you guys wouldn't listen! now look what you get!

i feel like saying i will give a free copy of madden 2006 to anyone who can beat me in league play, but i dont know if gamerush still has their preorder deal.... which is how i would get the game basically for free :D

Guileless

Temp Banned for Remedial Purposes
I'll be on late night. If I hold anyone under 7 yards a carry, I will get them a 6 pack of Zima.

Kolb's always got a place in my heart for passing all over Miss. State when he was a freshman in '03 when Houston beat them.

newsguy

Tonight I'll be on at midnight, and I intend to play late cause I finally have a day off tomorrow. Now buck up bitches and get on AIM.

hgplayer1

I'll be able toplay almost all day today. I'm at work this morning so it will be some time after noon before I can start. I'd like to get the majority of my games played today so if anyone from my division is around today and can play lets try to get multiple games in.

By the way, did I get thrown into the deadbeat division? has anyone seen or heard from any of the people that Im supposed to play? I've only been contacted by one actual person on AIM to set up a game. The other game that I tried to play I had to initiate here on the forum. Other than that I've had absolutely no communication from people I'm supposed to play to set games up.

gstaff

I'm ready if anyone is. I'm just going to leave the game running in case i am away.

xbox live: gstaff
aim: mgrandst

hgplayer1

gstaff said:
I'm ready if anyone is. I'm just going to leave the game running in case i am away.

xbox live: gstaff
aim: mgrandst

gstaff we have to play once. I'll try to be on in like an hour from this post

hgplayer1

gstaff said:
i should be done raping scoot by then

hey I have to play scoot 3 times. if you can, mention to him that Ill be online today and tell him to stick around if he can or to post here when we can play. that way i can kill some birds with rocks or something

gstaff

hgplayer1 said:
hey I have to play scoot 3 times. if you can, mention to him that Ill be online today and tell him to stick around if he can or to post here when we can play. that way i can kill some birds with rocks or something

i told him

Malleymal

You now belong to FMT.
does anyone need an L real quick?? i dont know who i have left... but I am handing out L's to anyone other than UCLA RB's

yes, we are doing 6 min quarters.

i will update later this afternoon with the games remaining for each player. i am still in the process of entering stats, but the w/l page will be updated shortly

p.s. malley don't hate drew because he's beautiful!

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'll be on in a little bit, gonna try to get a few games in, at least finish the 2 that weren't able to be finished

Ramirez

I'm sorry guys,but I'm selling this game,you can ban me from every league from here on out,I don't really care.This game just grates my nerves way too much :lol

gstaff

Ramirez said:
I'm sorry guys,but I'm selling this game,you can ban me from every league from here on out,I don't really care.This game just grates my nerves way too much :lol

so you don't want a game:)

newsguy

FMT, feel free to ban me from the league. I just played TJ Bennet. I was down 2 with the ball on the 2 yard line. Thinking I had 3 timeouts, and not wanting to miss a FG, I ran it, but realized with 5 seconds on the clock that I didn't have 3 timeouts. GG TJ, I don't deserve to play in this league, and if I stay here feel free to give me the award for bonehead of the year.

gstaff

newsguy said:
FMT, feel free to ban me from the league. I just played TJ Bennet. I was down 2 with the ball on the 2 yard line. Thinking I had 3 timeouts, and not wanting to miss a FG, I ran it, but realized with 5 seconds on the clock that I didn't have 3 timeouts. GG TJ, I don't deserve to play in this league, and if I stay here feel free to give me the award for bonehead of the year.

I dunno, I did the same thing vs. FMT with 1 TO in the bank, i let the clock run out inside the ten.

Lonestar

I joined for Erin Brockovich discussion
I'm feeling this way too. It's like there is a legitamate "Momentum" thing in the game. It just causes one side to be unable to do ANYTHING. And the other team (usually whoever I'm playing) to just toy with me. Fucking sucks.

TJ Bennett

TJ Hooker
Good game Newsguy, you had me on the ropes. Unlucky is all it was. I didn't remember you using all your timeouts either. By the way, you mind sending the email in? I didn't change online options before we started so i don't have the info. I'm up for a game later today with someone else.

I'm sorry guys,but I'm selling this game,you can ban me from every league from here on out,I don't really care.This game just grates my nerves way too much

come on dude that was a good game. if you want to quit the league then whatever, but you did the samething in last years madden when you started losing so i'm not exactly sure it has to do with you hating ncaa.

lol why would you be banned from the league for this?

Matrix

Fmt atleast give this league a deadline to get the games done or make it where we can play whoever the heck is around for our 17 total games.I really really really want to trade this game in for Madden and I know you keep saying you want the league done before Madden comes out,but I would like to trade in this game a few days before Madden hits so I can pick up my pre-ordered copy.

God I hate this fucking game...BRING ON MADDEN!

I would love to have another crack at playing certain people in the league who I lost against who are playing *YOU FMT YOU AND DM*,but with the schedule I dont get to play you guys again,but I have to wait around till Ck *nothing against you CK,just an example*gets his xbox live problem fixed and then play 3 games against him and the countdown to madden is getting closer.

Ugh if only this game rocked,then I wouldnt be having this issue.

Fmt atleast give this league a deadline to get the games done or make it where we can play whoever the heck is around for our 17 total games.I really really really want to trade this game in for Madden and I know you keep saying you want the league done before Madden comes out,but I would like to trade in this game a few days before Madden hits so I can pick up my pre-ordered copy.

I would love to have another crack at playing certain people in the league who I lost against who are playing *YOU FMT YOU AND DM*,but with the schedule I dont get to play you guys again,but I have to wait around till Ck *nothing against you CK,just an example*gets his xbox live problem fixed and then play 3 games against him and the countdown to madden is getting closer.

Ugh if only this game rocked,this I wouldnt be having this issue.

hmm... i see your problem. it doesn't look like a lot of people are going to finish their games for whatever reason. ok, lets get to 17 games per player. but dont play your final 12 against DM or anything.

if you are having scheduling problems or people in your division are flakes/quitters, fill in games with whoever you can find that's around. we will have a league finish/deadline date of July 29th (that is when playoffs will start). so get as close to 17 games by that point as you can. i think i will personally be able to play out the original schedule, but i understand my GA chums want to get full credit for the game.

p.s. if you are trading the game in, and you have 3 other games you want to get rid of, use the gamestop +50% credit coupon in last months gameinformer. you will get $37.50 for NCAA.

anyways, stats pages are in progress but who knows if they will be finished... not much enthusiasm anyways... if there is enough demand for it i will finish out the stats pages, but they are only about 20% done. the updated leagues standings page is about 80% done though.

it is a lot of work filing through all the emails and double checking to make sure scores aren't duplicates and that the game was only reported once :/

Matrix

Thanks a lot :) oh and dont worry,I wont be playing just DM for my final 12 games.

Ok so who wants a game now,free W for you? this will be a league game of course.

gstaff

Should we put a max on how many times you can play a given opponents...perhaps a three game max. Seems like there are enough interested people to at least accomplish that.

Fifty

Matrix said:

Ugh if only this game rocked,then I wouldnt be having this issue.

Matrix....you have no one to blame but yourself. I hope they give you $2 for your trade in!

Top Bottom