• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

''Oh, Yay, Another Mario Game.'' Step up to Playstation 2/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frolow

Banned
Pikmin is shit. What now? You think I'm being sarcastic?! It's shit. They should release it on the Wii U. It fits perfectly since that's also a shit console destined to failure. It only makes sense that a failure of an IP is released on it. Krillin needs his little destructo disc. Then they can self-destruct together.

zvD3g.gif

Gahiggidy

My aunt & uncle run a Mom & Pop store, "The Gamecube Hut", and sold 80k WiiU within minutes of opening.
Pikmin is shit. What now? You think I'm being sarcastic?! It's shit. They should release it on the Wii U. It fits perfectly since that's also a shit console destined to failure. It only makes sense that a failure of an IP is released on it. Krillin needs his little destructo disc. Then they can self-destruct together.

It's not my fault Miyamoto found out what an RTS is in 2001.

Pikmin got a PERFECT score from Gaming-Age (paleoGAF) back in 2001.

"From the moment you turn the game on you’ll be instantly captivated."

- Gaming Age

There are some who cannot stand more Mario,
and there are some who would like More..

There are some who are sick of Halo,
and there are those who have sworn
to honor master chief's name, even in the darkest of days,
and hold the "X" close to their hearts..

Others Prefer the Station, and its power, services, and lore,
but even then there's some that feel, they want a little more...

the Power Hungry Graphic Rich, a PC will do its all,
but gamers we all are, and under the industry we fall...

You may hate what is the truth, but gamers play games..
different games for different people, but games are here to stay...
unless we yell and sceam and say that we don't want some games..
Saying that some are worse will lead to games you want to play.. Stay Away.. Stay Away..

Journey is the definition of a mascot game, only the mascot is the Sony logo at the start of the game. The logo means people need to pretend its something more than it is. Suddenly a boring non-game becomes GOTY contender. Nintendo games are the same, put Mario in it and somehow they're elevated in to 9/10s.

Kai Dracon

Writing a dinosaur space opera symphony
If Sonys new marketing team did this to gaf with one sentence......

Imagine launch day

This was kind of like Lex Luthor bringing Superman to his knees with a tiny shard of kryptonite.

Worry that Luthor then returns to his lair, opens a vault door, revealing an entire meteorite sitting on a pedestal.

While I do agree Nintendo has been milking the mushroom kingdom characters a bit recently (I mean the last new Nintendo IP was? Mii's? because they count I guess....) this thread is hilarious.

I wonder is sony will be this heads on during there actual ad campaign. Samsung won people over with there iPhone attack ads.

Still I never really liked those kind of ads unless they are completely over the top and dumb like Crash calling out mario or star fox being obduced by evil Sega and evil Sony.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom