• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

''Oh, Yay, Another Mario Game.'' Step up to Playstation 2/20

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouichi

I'm hoping to say "Oh, Yay, Another Infamous Game." next week, but with more explanation points and me hopping around my room like a giddy school girl.

Azure J

Nintendo: We save development houses and bring you their games exclusively on Wii U
Sony: We shut them down after yet another one of their games bombs. TUNE IN WEDNESDAY
Microsoft: Save 20% off your first 6 months phone bills by choosing ATT as your provider.

It took me a second to get this, but masterfully played. :lol

prom_kaz.jpg

Cbajd5

Just a thought, but what if this has the opposite effect? What if someone actually thinks there will be a Mario game on the new PlayStation?

WHY DON'T THEY THINK OF THE EASILY MISINFORMED

Zaventem

In these types of threads i always take anyone with lol/lmao variant in there post as a sign that's whatever the post was intended to do is working.The spiteful and bitter lol's are coming out regardless if the post is funny.

Somnia

I'm thinking all of you bitching about this advertisement weren't around during the PS1 and PS2 days? The Ads back then had much larger jabs than this shit and it was amazing. This type of stuff is great, quit taking it personal Jesus Christ.

Meelow

Banned
it's just an ad

I agree with kitsuneyo, I really want to be team PlayStation this gen like I was with PS1/PS2 (got PS3 too late and it never really hyped me), I am also team Nintendo and them bashing Mario isn't helping me, and I'd say the same if it was the other way around (Nintendo bashing Uncharted for example).

I really hope Sony doesn't try to help the console war fights because it won't get anywhere.

-MB-

That's really funny.

This gives me hope that they're making quite a few new IPs.

Everybody knows the metric for quality is games from a dead genre.

A dead genre with games that have outsold Uncharted and most of Sony's other first party titles.

Sendou

I'm thinking that if Sony had a franchise even half of the appeal that Mario has they would be milking that shit up like there was no tomorrow. Unfortunately for them they don't and therefore they're forced to constantly make new ones. Is this good? For gamer, probably.

kitsuneyo

Judging by your profile and posting history, you aren't really giving them a fair shake as it is.

Ok... my profile is near-empty and I'm sure my posting history says nothing negative about PlayStation. I just don't like adverts that attack other products while saying nothing about their own offering. I don't like all the arrogant chat, from MS or Sony. Nintendo don't really get involved in it.

I just had a look at that huge Mario picture.

It does feel like Nintendo come up with franchise ideas and then just slap Mario all over it and hope it sells.

It's great that they have a mascot who is so widely recognised and associated with games, but they should at least try and branch out.

In these types of threads i always take anyone with lol/lmao variant in there post as a sign that's whatever the post was intended to do is working.The spiteful and bitter lol's are coming out regardless if the post is funny.

That post was funny as fuck. It had me rolling with laughter. He succeeded.

Proxy

I'm thinking that if Sony had a franchise even half of the appeal that Mario has they would be milking that shit up like there was no tomorrow. Unfortunately for them they don't and therefore they're forced to constantly make new ones. Is this good? For gamer, probably.

lol, I love this shit. Some great replies in this thread already. Sony marketing getting it done.

antonz

Can understand Sony's apprehension of another Mario game.

Mario Kart Wii sold more than Uncharted 1,2,3 and GOW 1,2,3 combined.

Wait, let me join in:

"Oh, yay, another Zelda game"

"Oh, yay, another God of War game"

"Oh, yay, another Mario game"

"Oh,yay, another Uncharted game"

"Oh, yay, another Kirby game"

"Oh, yay, another Killzone game"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom