• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

On average, do you spend more or less than 90 seconds on the toilet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pj

Banned
I saw an episode of howard stern on E! one time about guys who got horrific 'roids from sitting on the toilet too long.

I never go over a couple minutes now.

rallaren

MotorbreathX said:
Without starting a new thread, how do you wipe? Standing up or sitting down? I'm a stander. I don't know if it's for leverage or what but I feel weird sitting and wiping. It's almost like a girl...
I always sit down. If it's a public restroom I just wipe the seat first.

YYZ

oh yeah I forgot to say, if it's a public washroom then add 1-2 minutes for me. Just takes more prep time and not as comfortable.

And "quality reading times" involves lack of shit smell about the air, for me at least. And with my pants up.

ruffles

Under 5 minutes. Lately, I haven't been wiping my ass that much because it comes up clean and that's when it takes me like 90 seconds.

tedtropy

$50/hour, but no kissing on the lips and colors must be pre-separated
Sometimes I bring my laptop in there and do some wireless poop-session surfing. Hell, I may be posting on GAF while making bread RIGHT NOW.

chumps

pj325is said:
I saw an episode of howard stern on E! one time about guys who got horrific 'roids from sitting on the toilet too long.

I never go over a couple minutes now.

ya it's not good to stay on the john too long.. specially if you have bowel issues. either you gotta go or you don't, none of this dilly-dallying!

I take quick craps. But I usually wait until it gets to the "must go NOW!" stage.

Sucks when I wait until that stage, and the bathroom is taken.

bjork

tedtropy said:
Sometimes I bring my laptop in there and do some wireless poop-session surfing. Hell, I may be posting on GAF while making bread RIGHT NOW.

2ze9nd2.jpg

imagine the chair as a toilet, obviously

Kowak

Banned
Average time is about 5 mins as usually reading something. However can spend 20 mins on there sometimes.

longest i have ever been on the toilet was about an hour and when i got up my leg gave way.

YYZ said:
Just to be clear, I'm talking about defecation, including wiping (just in case someone wants to make a joke about not wiping).

For me it's less than 90 seconds of course. On a good run I will be out of the washroom in less than a minute.

I don't get how some guys stay on the toilet for so many minutes in one session.

1) It stinks.
2) It's a waste of time.
3) It's generally not good for your ass.

Eat your fiber.

For those of you saying you play/read/whatever on the toilet, it smells bad so I don't see how it's better than sitting in a comfy chair and doing the same thing. I'm shocked.

Are you a "bottom"? That could explain why you are so quick.

Everdred

I am a speed shitter as well. Only takes me 2 minutes or less. Some of my friends are blown away for they take 15+ minutes.

Everdred

Heres a question hope it hasn't been asked. Do you wipe from between your legs or lift up a cheek and wipe from the back?

I life and wipe, I found it odd that one of my friends goes between his legs. umm... Isn't there kind of a penis in the way?

Everdred

Kowak said:
you taking laxatives before hand?
No, also it depends on how well wiping goes. Sometimes I'll wipe and there will be little to nothing. If there is a quite a bit, it could take up to 10 minutes, which I find an annoying waste of time. :lol Love pooping threads.

Borci88

what the hell at people going to the toilets three times a day with 20 minutes in there at a time, I don't know how but I go to the toilet like every 2-3 days. And am usually in there for like 15 minutes tops..

Justin Bailey said:
The fuck? Pooping is one of life's great pleasures. No need to rush it.

*sniff*

I remember how much i use to enjoy it. Then i got the Hemorrhoids. A small tear in your asshole nixes the rush of a dump. : (

iamblades

Borci88 said:
what the hell at people going to the toilets three times a day with 20 minutes in there at a time, I don't know how but I go to the toilet like every 2-3 days. And am usually in there for like 15 minutes tops..

Once a day like clockwork for me, 3 minutes tops, usually quite a bit less, least for the dump and wipe portion.

And it's not like I take small dumps either, we're talking like 16 inch logs sometimes here depending on what I ate. Comes out in a nice big single peice, I wipe and I'm done. I don't eat particularly well either, not a lot of fiber or anything. Guess my digestive system just kicks ass.

Polari

Quick and regular. I put it down to cigarettes and a sporadic diet. If I was taking ten minutes each time, I'd be spending about half an hour on the thing each day. Fuck that.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
There is nothing, NOTHING better than finding a good magazine in the stall you just entered. Perhaps a newsweek, or better yet, a Road & Track.

kozmo7

Truly deserves to shoot laserbeams from his eyes
I remember the good times I've had on the can reading all sorts of material. In my prime I would spend at least a good 30 minutes on my throne-- 40 minutes if I found the article especially enticing.

It's a sad and pathetic situation I am currently in, although I do ask for your pity. You see, I've become legally blind and now the only way I can read magazines and such is with a cumbersome bright light (with extension cord) and a thick pair of magnifying glasses. This leaves me physically unable to read on the can.

Since then I've canceled all my magazine subscriptions.

I've struggled with finding a new toilet activity but it's just not the same. I spend my days now on the john thinking of life; a shell of what taking a crap used to be. Constantly I am falling asleep and waking up an hour (sometimes two hours) later. My lower body completely numb. Walking is impossible and wiping is a super human feat. Falling though, is quite easy from what I've learned.

My two hour long sessions lately have been ending with me being dazed and laying on the cold tile, buttocks erect in air, unable to get up, wondering how such a once enjoyable experience all came down to this.

Siyou

i like to time myself and see how long it takes for someone to knock because i like to piss people off while i shit comfortably. Anybody who shits in 90 seconds would miss out on such pleasures

Borci88

iamblades said:
Once a day like clockwork for me, 3 minutes tops, usually quite a bit less, least for the dump and wipe portion.

And it's not like I take small dumps either, we're talking like 16 inch logs sometimes here depending on what I ate. Comes out in a nice big single peice, I wipe and I'm done. I don't eat particularly well either, not a lot of fiber or anything. Guess my digestive system just kicks ass.
LOL I appreciate the reply but damn is it awkward talking about taking a dump and describing it..

TEH-CJ

Banned
What the fuck is it with poo threads on GAF?

I stay in the toilet for about 10 min till my ass is like a baby bottom

zoukka

Because of Pokemon Red my sessions were sometimes like over half an hour back in the days :b

About a minute or two nowadays.

bud

it's usually for about 15 minutes. i like reading magazines--i only read them on the toilet nowadays, anyway-- and playing suduko while i'm on there.

sitting for too long can't be good--one of my friends told me he once sat on the toilet for more than 30 minutes, and he got crusty...

rezuth

YYZ said:
1) It stinks.
2) It's a waste of time.
3) It's generally not good for your ass.
1) No, What the fuck are YOU eating?
2) No, I do most of my profound thinking in there.
3) How is it not good for your ass?

Tieno

My brother and mom always called me Speedkakker (speedpooper) because I was able to push out turds in no time and be done with it.

TheQueen'sOwn

insert blank space here
If I have nothing to do but shit.... under 30 seconds. I takes me longer to pee.
If I'm going to read, play videogames or surf the net.... about an hour.

YYZ said:
oh yeah I forgot to say, if it's a public washroom then add 1-2 minutes for me. Just takes more prep time and not as comfortable.

And "quality reading times" involves lack of shit smell about the air, for me at least. And with my pants up.
Wait you spend more time shitting in public than in the comfort of your own home? Thats ASS backwards.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Stinkles said:
There is nothing, NOTHING better than finding a good magazine in the stall you just entered. Perhaps a newsweek, or better yet, a Road & Track.

Hmm, I dunno if I'd want to read a flagged mag... I usually just bring in the company's newsletter into the stall when I poop at work, or EGM when at home.

YYZ

oh yeah I forgot to say, my shits are usually over a foot long and soft/smooth, light brown. Huge logs basically, not more than 2-3 pieces usually. You guys sound like you're dropping much more than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom