• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One month from today: BioShock Infinite

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I hate you GAF with your spoilers thingies. I am always so tempted to read them, and I mostly do :(

I'm glad I just do it fast hehe.

diamount

Banned
Wow I thought I remembered hearing that the ps3 version of Bioshock was the best when it was released. Must of just been pr speak when it was releasing or something. Either that or I'm confusing it with with one of the other ports the ps3 got later like Oblivion.

Well both of those ports were done by different companies, with varying competencies obviously.

Deadbeat

Banned
Wow I thought I remembered hearing that the ps3 version of Bioshock was the best when it was released. Must of just been pr speak when it was releasing or something.
Its the same shit you hear with every multiplatform game. People saying the ps3 version is better and 9 times out of 10 end up being wrong.

Dont know what to choose? Get the 360 version. Its the best track record for multiplat versions.

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah I was the only one who hadnt seen it. This was before my GAF times.

I just hooked up my 360 for the first time in close to a year. I always get kinda sketchy when it gets close to such an anticipated release for me. I get paranoid that my system will break just before it releases or the day of. Hahaha. At least I have a backup, and if the PS3 version sucks for some weird reason...

Dartastic

Its the same shit you hear with every multiplatform game. People saying the ps3 version is better and 9 times out of 10 end up being wrong.

Dont know what to choose? Get the 360 version. Its the best track record for multiplat versions.
That's what I'm doing.

DSmalls84

PC version for me. I upgraded to a 660ti around the time Far Cry 3 came out so I should be good to go.

It is always safe to get the 360 version but some of you are gambling men. :) I still don't 100% know cause my PS3 has been loud as heck lately and I might need to finally open it up so I still have to decide.

Dartastic

Even after the patch the PS3 version was still 680p, 360 version is 720p and is smoother.

Do we know if infinite is 720p?
I don't think we know anything about the console versions. I doubt the differences between the PS3 and Xbox versions will be very large. I wish they would show them though.
Not always true though, better to go on a case by case basis
I know. And that's why I wish that they would show the console versions of the game. I'm planning on buying this day one, no matter what.

Andrew.

Banned
I don't think we know anything about the console versions. I doubt the differences between the PS3 and Xbox versions will be very large. I wish they would show them though.

I know. And that's why I wish that they would show the console versions of the game. I'm planning on buying this day one, no matter what.

Found this (edit: Its actually what DukeBobby provided me):

Spoilers ahoy and its from 2011.

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2011/07/08/watch-15-minutes-of-bioshock-infinite-for-ps3-now/#comment-614395

I know its dated and much has changed but goddamn its just so gorgeous.

Obviously it couldve been played on a PC with a DS3 but who knows really.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Have they not shown them ever thus far? Seems like everything I've seen has been PC footage. Slightly worrisome.

Evidently all of the press events have had all versions playable. They're just using PC footage for PR, like most multiplat games these days.

Dartastic

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Not always true though, better to go on a case by case basis

It's not an exaggeration to say it's true 9 times out of 10.

Of late PS3 multiplats have turned things around, so maybe waiting is a good idea. But for those who can't wait, I would go 360.

I'm just glad I don't have to worry about this stuff anymore with my new(ish) PC.

It's not an exaggeration to say it's true 9 times out of 10.

Of late PS3 multiplats have turned things around, so maybe waiting is a good idea. But for those who can't wait, I would go 360.

I'm just glad I don't have to worry about this stuff anymore with my new(ish) PC.

It's not an exaggeration but there are exceptions and who knows, this could be one.
I'll be on PC though, it's just curiosity. I'm wondering about the frame rate when riding the skylines.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I know it's not going to run BADLY. It'll probably run very well. Obviously the PC version will be the best version, but I just wish I had media on which to base my console purchase.

Yeah, it sucks that lately we haven't really gotten much media from the console versions of games ahead of launch. Hopefully next gen the console versions will start to look good enough to be in the spotlight again.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I want to take this opportunity to remind you guys: If Bioshock Infinite does well, and the Vita gets a price cut (which hopefully leads to improved sales), we might get a Bioshock Vita!

Or so I hope. Ken said he wanted to develop for Vita, then he said he was too busy with Infinite, and now, I think he's on a deserved vacation. I truly hope that if it's done, it's developed by Irrational. That would be perfect!

Andrew.

Banned
Those roller coaster feels..

4391-3-bioshock-infinite-gameplay-demo-trailer.jpg

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Wasn't there a way to purchase infinite for $45 on steam?

edit: F it, purchased on steam... need xcom

FACE

Banned
Tier 3 is going a whole lot faster than Tier 2, guess I'll have to tone down the hate for the game since I'll get a free copy of XCOM from a friend that pre-ordered it.

Tier 3 is going a whole lot faster than Tier 2, guess I'll have to tone down the hate for the game since I'll get a free copy of XCOM from a friend that pre-ordered it.

You sicken me, sir.

Hate on it all you want if the game turns out to be a dud, but until then hold your blasphemous tongue!

zkylon

zkylewd
it's super rigged, we all know it, no one wants to challenge it in case we stop getting free stuff.

Top Bottom