• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Ray Down

Banned
Don Flamingo is still the most bs power shown in the series.

String...that can't be cut by two master swordsmen and a bunch of other people. That could only be stopped by the strongest substance on earth.

Yeah Dofla fruit really push me over the edge, bird cage is nice in concept but Fujitora should have been able to break it.

Ogodei

Yeah Dofla fruit really push me over the edge, bird cage is nice in concept but Fujitora should have been able to break it.

It's not that broken because presumably it takes a lot of concentration and you can beat it just by knocking Doflamingo out. Just that Doffy's that good that he can fight Gear 4 Luffy while still maintaining the birdcage.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
It's not that broken because presumably it takes a lot of concentration and you can beat it just by knocking Doflamingo out. Just that Doffy's that good that he can fight Gear 4 Luffy while still maintaining the birdcage.

Which is total nonsense.

I don't even mind Birdcage as an idea if you had to be locked in a room in a trance concentrating your ass off to pull it off.

Doffy could do it while fighting two people at once. Set it and forget it.

turmoil

Banned
Does haki make DF users immune to seastone? An admiral and his boys not having a single seastone weapon to break the birdcage and immediately defeat Doffy is a bigger plothole than Zoro not being able to cut it.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Does haki make DF users immune to seastone? An admiral and his boys not having a single seastone weapon to break the birdcage and immediately defeat Doffy is a bigger plothole than Zoro not being able to cut it.

Doesn't the admiral have Seastone on the bottom of his sheathe?

Man God

Non-Canon Member
Does he? I don't remember

Should have been addressed, touching a DF user with seastone is an instawin, and the birdcage is an enormous attack surface.

...They blocked the birdcage with a factory made of seastone. It didn't hurt him one iota.

Should have been addressed, touching a DF user with seastone is an instawin, and the birdcage is an enormous attack surface.

Seastone weakens the user from using the powers. It doesn't negate the powers by themselves. Doflamingo was a Paremecia user so the strings aren't technically are part of him like the elements of Logia users are.

Touching a user and touching a paramecias attack aren't the same thing. Doflamingo wasn't a logia type and hitting the cage with seastone wouldn't have had any effect on him at all.

caliph95

He can repel pain somehow but he can't repel the pain in his heart (knowing one piece he probably could as well)
makes sense he would be useless strings is his weakness seeing how the marines have strings on him that he can't break

He can repel pain somehow but he can't repel the pain in his heart (knowing one piece he probably could as well)
makes sense he would be useless strings is his weakness seeing how the marines have strings on him that he can't break
giphy.gif

Knowing the birdcage, he try to repel it, only to have the string fire right back at him.
Wouldn't repelling the birdcage result in it instantly cutting through everyone and everything in Dressrosa?
Basically, pushing it off the island and slicing up any other unfortunate creatures in its path.

Damn, that's heavy. :__:

turmoil

Banned
I always mix the properties of logias and paramecias, and completely forgot about the factory being made of seastone. Thanks y'all

Moscato's death was in last night's anime episode, and I completely forgot the "being afraid of death" rule was established the first time it was used.

Ogodei

Moscato's death was in last night's anime episode, and I completely forgot the "being afraid of death" rule was established the first time it was used.

That's the only upside to the anime being so close to the manga, within a year i can essentially re-read the chapter and usually catch stuff that i missed before.

And the seastone question vs Doflamingo is moot because Fujitora couldn't be seen as intervening against Doffy, one of those "i won't kill you but i don't have to save you," situations. He could have crushed Doffy, but he wanted Doffy's corruption to be laid bare by someone other than the Marines.

Man God

Non-Canon Member
That's the only upside to the anime being so close to the manga, within a year i can essentially re-read the chapter and usually catch stuff that i missed before.

And the seastone question vs Doflamingo is moot because Fujitora couldn't be seen as intervening against Doffy, one of those "i won't kill you but i don't have to save you," situations. He could have crushed Doffy, but he wanted Doffy's corruption to be laid bare by someone other than the Marines.

The volume release is about caught up to the anime in the US so I usually watch the episode and within a few months have read the chapter again! Keeps me fresh.

Ogodei

This week's episode made for an odd juxtaposition given watching Attack on Titan last night, sentient creampuffs being eaten, and its played for laughs.

So what exactly is Big News Morgans?
Why is he a bird?
Is it a Zoan or are there bird people in One Piece?

Doubt he's a Zoan since there's only one human human fruit and most zoans stay in their human form .

Probably not a mink since they're all mammals

Probably a bird race along with the News Coos

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

smurfx

get some go again
i tell myself that fujitora really was trying to be hands off with doflamingo and that meant not destroying the bird cage as that would be too big of a move against doflamingo. i think both zoro and fujitora could have destroyed the bird cage but oda chose to nerf them because otherwise he couldn't use it as a timer and adding suspense. oda will probably say that zoro didn't know he had to use haki techniques or some crap to justify it.

caliph95

I'm not sure what it is but I'm sure it won't be something like time travel

Didn't oda state in an interview that it was something material/not abstract?
Pretty much that it won't be such bullshit like the treasure was You/Crew/Journey/Dream/Nakama/Heart all along
Though i doubt the One Piece will ever satisfy people no matter how good the final arc will be

Red Fire

Pretty much that it won't be such bullshit like the treasure was You/Crew/Journey/Dream/Nakama/Heart all along
Though i doubt the One Piece will ever satisfy people no matter how good the final arc will be

For me it's not that important what the one piece is perse, I'm just excited about how the whole arc is going to be. I'm sure oda won't disappoint and it will be glorious.

caliph95

For me it's not that important what the one piece is perse, I'm just excited about how the whole arc is going to be. I'm sure oda won't disappoint and it will be glorious.
Yeah the final arc will likely be great it just that with so much build up the One Piece is never going to satisfy people 100% (or 50% honestly) especially after what three decades and around 1000 issues
Stupid anime shit I would be mad if the one piece turns to be:

I better don't start this
Start it please

turmoil

Banned
Yeah the OP will be as disappointing as the 20th century boys' finale just because of the expectations.

Start it please

If you insist... wasn't thinking of something quite original either tbh

jojo 6
Pucci's reset button so Roger/Luffy is reborn once again

Evangelion's instrumentality so everyone lives inside giant ghost perona

Naruto - anything of the bullshit final arc (everything was magical eyes)

caliph95

Yeah the OP will be as disappointing as the 20th century boys' finale just because of the expectations.

If you insist... wasn't thinking of something quite original either tbh

jojo 6
Pucci's reset button so Roger/Luffy is reborn once again

Evangelion's instrumentality so everyone lives inside giant ghost perona

Naruto - anything of the bullshit final arc (everything was magical eyes)
Jojo:
if it means we get OP version of Steel Ball Run i don't mind

I swear i hope the Will of D doesn't become a sharingan

Top Bottom