• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Big One

Banned
Did anyone see this tweet?: https://twitter.com/sandman_AP/status/895296349951860736

Any guesses on what's going to happen in Wano? Here's mine:

• Zoro family backstory
  • Tashigi and Kuina connection revealed (if there is any)
  • Kaido backstory and his deat (as a parallel to Marineford, an Emperor will die)
  • Reveal of Uranus.
  • Big reveal about the Void Century.
  • Luffy getting Gear 5th and/or Awakening (I think the later is more likely).
  • Edward Weevil doing stuff, but eventually befriends Luffy after Luffy compliments how much he looks like Whitebeard.
  • POSSSIBLY Big Mom Pirates, but maybe not the entirety of them but a portion of them lead by one of the Sweet Commanders (possibly Katakuri).
  • The Revolutionary Army getting involved (remember the mention of liquore?).
  • Blackbeard Pirates following the Revolutionary Army and getting some spoils from the war in some capacity (I still think Blackbeard gonna steal Kaido's Devil Fruit).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Robin is still independent. She just does things differently
Don't fall for Idiot Veelk's trap of "no fights = terrible character" which is a garbage interpretation.

NSESN

Leave Zoro's backstory alone it is sad but not forced. No reason to expand it.
Zoro just wants to be the best Swordsman because he was never able to surpass Kuina when she was alive. He doesn't need any more motivation.

BHK3

Banned
Did anyone see this tweet?: https://twitter.com/sandman_AP/status/895296349951860736

Any guesses on what's going to happen in Wano? Here's mine:

• Zoro family backstory
  • Tashigi and Kuina connection revealed (if there is any)
  • Kaido backstory and his deat (as a parallel to Marineford, an Emperor will die)
  • Reveal of Uranus.
  • Big reveal about the Void Century.
  • Luffy getting Gear 5th and/or Awakening (I think the later is more likely).
  • Edward Weevil doing stuff, but eventually befriends Luffy after Luffy compliments how much he looks like Whitebeard.
  • POSSSIBLY Big Mom Pirates, but maybe not the entirety of them but a portion of them lead by one of the Sweet Commanders (possibly Katakuri).
  • The Revolutionary Army getting involved (remember the mention of liquore?).
  • Blackbeard Pirates following the Revolutionary Army and getting some spoils from the war in some capacity (I still think Blackbeard gonna steal Kaido's Devil Fruit).

I dont picture half of that happening. If its like marineford, we'll see the new admiral and weevil. The full extent of zoros powers will be shown and maybe he'll be the first one to cut Kaido. Other then that I have no clue how it will reach marineford levels since that had 3 incredibly huge things happen, 2 of which were earth shattering.

1.Death of ace, earth shattering imo since it was an actual death and it was luffys brother of all people.

2.Whitebeard dying, was gonna happen but important nontheless.

3.Blackbeard having 2 devil fruits. Earth shattering since none of the emperors have 2 fruits and opened a door to devil fruit stealing.

I'm very excite if Wano will be on par with anything I listed, or you listed.

LotusHD

Banned
Robin is still independent. She just does things differently
Don't fall for Idiot Veelk's trap of "no fights = terrible character" which is a garbage interpretation.

How you manage to bring Veelk into this lol

---

As for predictions, not even gonna bother.

ryan13ts

I mean, robin's been hilarious, just remember the dragon in the beginning of Zou.

Still, i wish she'd get some fights too.

Oda had the PERFECT opportunity to give her a fight during Dressrosa with Diamante. The dude's DF power made him able to bend his body like a flag, making him like the absolute perfect opponent for Robin. He's not a Logia so he's not invincible to her, but his ability makes him have some resistance to her just going 'CLUTCH!' and him being defeated instantly. Like seriously, he was the perfect opponent for her to get in on a fight with.

And what does Oda do? Have her stand back and "protect" that worthless piece of garbage Rebecca while Kyros fights him. I get Kyros being in the fight too and even getting the final blow, but Robin should have at least been tag-teaming with him.

Robin is my favorite SH and in the leadup to that chapter I was soooooooooo excited at the prospect of Robin getting a fight and I got massively disappointed. I almost feel like Oda had intended for her to fight Diamante but backed out of it at the last minute, with the way everything was being aligned up until the actual fight. After this fiasco though, I gave up on my favorite SH getting any fights and resigned myself to expecting her to be just fodder cleanup for the rest of the series.

LotusHD

Banned
That's even more than op and when I started that it was only at like chap 200

To be fair, the 7 parts all feature different protagonists and stories, it's not really this one big ongoing thing (Though old protagonists can make appearances in future parts)

I'm on Part 6 for example.

caliph95

Jojo is on its 8th part right now. At 119 volumes.
It's actually easy to read as each part is mostly self-contained.

It's been monthly since 2005.

No Jump at all. Obon Festival.
True makes it less exhausting and don't lose interest that way.

Even one piece got boring while binging

You know what other manga has pictures of delicious food while characters eat them and make big exaggerated reactions to the taste?

Jojo

Ray Down

Banned
Don't forget there also off for a very important holiday tomorrow, Mountain Day!!

I was also reading JoJo way before it was cool before the anime :p

By the way, there was a mistake in the latest popularity poll: Mihawk was there, ranked #22.

We talked about tribute drawings a few days ago, so here's a new one:

Shin-Ichi Sakamoto (Kokou no Hito, Innocent, Innocent Rouge)

DG39uZoVYAIH_NV.jpg:large

Top Bottom