• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

I can't decide whether what's worse slow or fast pacing
Excessive i mean
For something like shokugeki I prefer slow paced the entire draw is the cooking and the long dialogue of the characters explaining the process and the ingredients. One piece on the other hand... yea speed it up toei

"Oh boy, what a day at work. Can't wait to get home and read the new One Piece chapter. Shit is serious right now. Will I finally become a Pudding fan? Or maybe Carrot will be a less forgettable character? I'm so excited!"

Profound Sadness

Veelk

Banned
Robin is still independent. She just does things differently
Don't fall for Idiot Veelk's trap of "no fights = terrible character" which is a garbage interpretation.

You were warned.

And just for posterity, that's a HUGE strawman. I hope I don't even have to mention that.

Or do you guys want another essay on the matter?

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
You were warned.

And just for posterity, that's a HUGE strawman. I hope I don't even have to mention that.

Or do you guys want another essay on the matter?

Your essays would carry more weight if you actually did the level of reading required of that sort of analysis. By your own admission you barely skim chapters and your arguments always leave out important details that wind up tearing them to shreds as a result.

Basically don't bother unless you're actually willing to put in the work. If you're not then it's more annoying than interesting.

Veelk

Banned
Do we have a choice

No....

But I don't feel the need to write it up either. It's not like the argument I make on the page will go uncorrupted as it travels to the minds of people who don't want it to make sense.

Like I said sometime ago, I feel I've said everything I could possibly say on OP at this point, in as many ways I could say it. I can do requests, but I don't know how many more posts I have to make myself.

Edit: Okay, since most people seem to not have gotten the joke I was asking if you guys another essay sarcastically. I didn't expect anyone to actually take the suggestion seriously because no one ever solicits them as that'd be a kinda wierd thing to do anyway

Your essays would carry more weight if you actually did the level of reading required of that sort of analysis. By your own admission you barely skim chapters and your arguments always leave out important details that wind up tearing them to shreds as a result.

Basically don't bother unless you're actually willing to put in the work. If you're not then it's more annoying than interesting.

When did I admit that? I don't agree with your assessment of my analysis at all. Rarely does someone bring up some fundamental thing I missed that defeats the entire purpose. Usually, it's just a matter of getting a slight mistranslation from not reading the official translation, and even then that doesn't really make a difference to me 99% of the time.

But unless your willing to cite a specific debate, I'm obviously not going to go into every major article I've had on OP. I'm just going to say that few arguments ended with me thinking that my argument has been torn to shreds.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
giphy.gif

Veelk

Banned

Well, if you're not gonna cite a specific thing, I don't know what you want me to do. Recite ever arguement I've ever made on OP and ask you to point out which ones you feel have been refuted and for what reason? That'd be a HUGE post, even for me.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Well, if you're not gonna cite a specific thing, I don't know what you want me to do. Recite ever arguement I've ever made on OP and ask you to point out which ones you feel have been refuted and for what reason? That'd be a HUGE post, even for me.

I'm not getting into this with you because you always ignore every point made to refute your arguments. Every single time. Frankly, you're not worth engaging with on a serious level. I'm putting you on ignore now, goodbye.

Veelk

Banned
I'm not getting into this with you because you always ignore every point made to refute your arguments. Every single time. Frankly, you're not worth engaging with on a serious level. I'm putting you on ignore now, goodbye.

Of all times to put me on ignore, this is an odd one since I'm not even making any kind of argument. I was joking asking if people wanted an argument since people on the previous page were joking BatDan's post would provoke me into making an argument. But there's nothing here. You're getting tilted about me arguing about literally nothing.

And the bolded in particular is just comically untrue. Why do you think people get annoyed whenever I get a big discussion going? Because I always take my time to reply to every point being made. What actually happens is that I consider people who refute me and explain why I don't think they're correct. And you might not agree with me when that happens. You might think the points brought up do refute my argument. But that doesn't mean I am ignoring them, it means I disagree with them. Say what you want about me, but the one thing I don't do is ignore other people's talking points.

Veelk

Banned

Hey, for once, I'm totally with you. I didn't come here starting shit, other than to show that BatDan casually insulting me like that wasn't going to be tolerated and jokingly threaten another essay which was never actually going to come.

I don't know where all this drama out of nowhere came from.

LotusHD

Banned
Saw that coming with BatDan, was completely uncalled for, and he does it all the time, and not even just to Veelk. Just no chill with that guy.

NSESN

I discovered this week (because I never watched FI) that the fake SH are voiced by other SH. I really like when anime does that type of thing. I still don't like what toei is doing with the anime tho.

LotusHD

Banned
Nah, Batdan was getting all aggro on people for missing chapter details and asking questions. A community thread shouldn't work like that.

Yup, if I have to read the phrase "speed-reading idiot" one more time lol

I love you tou B-leg.

And Bishop neither am I, its just good old nature ribbing at from least me.

Now Ray and B-Leg, that's the real Zoro/Sanji esque relationship around here. Batdan just always in a mood.

NSESN

One Piece is huge, only things that I think have more information is fantasy books like ASOIAF, so it is pretty easy to forget things.

Top Bottom