• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

Lol I'm the superior being in this right

tumblr_o3yab5GGXB1tczvsso1_r1_400.png

One Piece is huge, only things that I think have more information is fantasy books like ASOIAF, so it is pretty easy to forget things.

It is, without exaggeration, the densest manga I've ever read in terms of panel visuals. You could miss tons of little details snuck off to the side.

Veelk

Banned
It is, without exaggeration, the densest manga I've ever read in terms of panel visuals. You could miss tons of little details snuck off to the side.

I can agree with this. The only other graphic visual artists comparable are Alan Moore and Grant Morrison. I'm not suuuuuuper well read in comics, but I do know those two are the kind of writers that try to make every panel important.

caliph95

I can agree with this. The only other graphic visual artists comparable are Alan Moore and Grant Morrison. I'm not suuuuuuper well read in comics, but I do know those two are the kind of writers that try to make every panel important.
I would say that you're right, people have done in depth analysis of their work

Oda had the PERFECT opportunity to give her a fight during Dressrosa with Diamante. The dude's DF power made him able to bend his body like a flag, making him like the absolute perfect opponent for Robin. He's not a Logia so he's not invincible to her, but his ability makes him have some resistance to her just going 'CLUTCH!' and him being defeated instantly. Like seriously, he was the perfect opponent for her to get in on a fight with.

And what does Oda do? Have her stand back and "protect" that worthless piece of garbage Rebecca while Kyros fights him. I get Kyros being in the fight too and even getting the final blow, but Robin should have at least been tag-teaming with him.

Robin is my favorite SH and in the leadup to that chapter I was soooooooooo excited at the prospect of Robin getting a fight and I got massively disappointed. I almost feel like Oda had intended for her to fight Diamante but backed out of it at the last minute, with the way everything was being aligned up until the actual fight. After this fiasco though, I gave up on my favorite SH getting any fights and resigned myself to expecting her to be just fodder cleanup for the rest of the series.

She didn't even do the most logical thing: giving one of her legs to Kyros.
After that encounter i'm not even sure the girls will get even their "final boss" battle against a Blackbeard crew member.

Oda had the PERFECT opportunity to give her a fight during Dressrosa with Diamante. The dude's DF power made him able to bend his body like a flag, making him like the absolute perfect opponent for Robin. He's not a Logia so he's not invincible to her, but his ability makes him have some resistance to her just going 'CLUTCH!' and him being defeated instantly. Like seriously, he was the perfect opponent for her to get in on a fight with.

And what does Oda do? Have her stand back and "protect" that worthless piece of garbage Rebecca while Kyros fights him. I get Kyros being in the fight too and even getting the final blow, but Robin should have at least been tag-teaming with him.

Robin is my favorite SH and in the leadup to that chapter I was soooooooooo excited at the prospect of Robin getting a fight and I got massively disappointed. I almost feel like Oda had intended for her to fight Diamante but backed out of it at the last minute, with the way everything was being aligned up until the actual fight. After this fiasco though, I gave up on my favorite SH getting any fights and resigned myself to expecting her to be just fodder cleanup for the rest of the series.

Mte. Sometimes I wonder if editorial interference is the reason for things like this, but Oda surely has more sway over his property considering he/it's SJ's crown jewel right?

Mte. Sometimes I wonder if editorial interference is the reason for things like this, but Oda surely has more sway over his property considering he/it's SJ's crown jewel right?

The editor role can be very influential in a story's development. They're relied on to keep deadlines and for course correction. Yes, Oda has final say, but he isn't deaf to any and all suggestion.

Robin fighting Diamanté though? I'm betting it probably never even came up.

caliph95

The editor role can be very influential in a story's development. They're relied on to keep deadlines and for course correction. Yes, Oda has final say, but he isn't deaf to any and all suggestion.

Robin fighting Diamanté though? I'm betting it probably never even came up.
Was Kyros more popular than Robin

I kinda doubt it and i assume has more freedom than some jump writers but you can see an argument there, though I feel like it's an Oda thing than editorial

Was Kyros more popular than Robin

I kinda doubt it and i assume has more freedom than some jump writers but you can see an argument there, though I feel like it's an Oda thing than editorial

I don't think it's a popularity thing.

The way I see it, Oda either wrote or drew the fight as is, or maybe his editor told him to keep the focus on Kyros. We have no evidence for the latter, so we must assume the former.

caliph95

I don't think it's a popularity thing.

The way I see it, Oda either wrote or drew the fight as is, or maybe his editor told him to keep the focus on Kyros. We have no evidence for the latter, so we must assume the former.
Yeah I don't think it was an editor
Just playing devil's advocate

Veelk

Banned
I'm pretty sure that regardless of how much power editors have with everyone else, they only have the influence that Oda allows them to have over him.

He's Eichiro fucking Oda. The guy whose writing One Goddamn Piece.

He could walk into Shonen Jump Headquarters in his pajama's, intrude into a conference room during an important meeting, jump onto and then lay down on the big table and start taking a nap then and there. They wouldn't so much as risk waking him if he made it clear enough how much he wanted that nap and what he was willing to do to get it.

caliph95

I'm pretty sure that regardless of how much traditional power editors have, in Oda's case, they only have the influence that he allows him to have.

He's Eichiro fucking Oda. The guy whose writing One Goddamn Piece.

He could walk into Shonen Jump Headquarters in his pajama's, intrude into a conference room during an important meeting, jump onto and then lay down on the big table and start taking a nap then and there. They wouldn't so much as risk waking him if he made it clear enough how much he wanted that nap and what he was willing to do to get it.
Lol

Yeah I doubt editor has much power over him

Ray Down

Banned
1. Ray Down 1,163
2. LotusHD 835
3. Blackleg-sanji1 783
4. caliph95 584
5. Sibersk Esto 324
6. Imperial Bishop 206
7. turmoil 186
8. Red Fire 179
9. NSESN 168
10. SolVanderlyn 164
11. Veelk

So close to the top 10 though.

caliph95

1. Ray Down 1,163
2. LotusHD 835
3. Blackleg-sanji1 783
4. caliph95 584
5. Sibersk Esto 324
6. Imperial Bishop 206
7. turmoil 186
8. Red Fire 179
9. NSESN 168
10. SolVanderlyn 164
11. Veelk

According to mobile top posters, there is no such person as LotusHD, the poster doesn't exist, so Veelk is top ten.

Also it's fitting bleg is number 3

1. Ray Down 1,163
2. LotusHD 835
3. Blackleg-sanji1 783
4. caliph95 584
5. Sibersk Esto 324
6. Imperial Bishop 206
7. turmoil 186
8. Red Fire 179
9. NSESN 168
10. SolVanderlyn 164
11. Veelk

Wtf I dropped
According to mobile top posters, there is no such person as LotusHD, the poster doesn't exist, so Veelk is top ten.

Also it's fitting bleg is number 3
Bruh..I laughed

Can somebody find me a up to date sanji avatar worth my excellence..everyday avatar all big and mines small

Ogodei

Otakon 2017 and i'll be on the hunt for a Carrot figurine tomorrow. Despite getting laid off on Tuesday meaning i'm now running on a month of severance (though i might get a temp gig next week for only a minor paycut).

I saw a Yonji today, so characters that new are definitely out there.

Otakon 2017 and i'll be on the hunt for a Carrot figurine tomorrow. Despite getting laid off on Tuesday meaning i'm now running on a month of severance (though i might get a temp gig next week for only a minor paycut).

Sorry to hear that..

Man God

Non-Canon Member

The man just trying to keep fishmen down.

Top Bottom