• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

That's the problem in the manga it was going so fast paced(lol ironically) luffy cannot go gear 4th for hours only conclusion was at some point yes it ran out

LotusHD

Banned
I agree that the Cracker fight was pretty short and I'd welcome the anime expanding on it. However extending it by just saying Luffy's Gear Fourth ran out so he has to run away until he gets it back is just a cop out. I haven't watched the episode though so I may be wrong about it.

The fight is going now as:

Luffy's Gear 4 runs out, he runs away (Well, flies away like a balloon losing its air), meets up with Nami, they run away through King Baum. In future episodes, I assume that at some point she soaks the biscuits for him to eat, giving him energy, rinse and repeat until 11 hours have passed I guess.

Kind of lame though that this implies that he hasn't increased his Gear 4 time at all though, or at least not by much. Though it is the anime, so meh, can't take it too seriously.

I mean am I supposed to believe luffy drastically increased his gear 4th time between dressrosa and now? Or did ppl really think he stayed in gear 4th that entire battle when he let out like 4 attacks against doffy and had to run?

LotusHD

Banned
I mean am I supposed to believe luffy drastically increased his gear 4th time between dressrosa and now? Or did ppl really think he stayed in gear 4th that entire battle when he let out like 4 attacks against doffy and had to run?

Well no, since when we caught back to the fight, he wasn't even in Gear 4 at the time, so obviously he turned it off at some point. That said, I dunno, thought it lasted a bit longer than 10 minutes, or that he used the biscuits to give him energy and stay in the form longer, though I guess he could destroy them without Gear 4 so long as they're soaked.

caliph95

I thought they implied Nami helped him survived because it seemed clear without her and the card he would have been dead

I thought they implied Nami helped him survived because it seemed clear without her and the card he would have been dead
Exactly so all we're seeing now is that actually happening. Toei is shit but I wouldn't call them out on that this time. Cracker fight wasn't anything special on the manga either anyway

Luffy and Cracker fought for over 11 hours. Of course, Gear 4th would have run out at some point.
Then there are 10 minutes of Luffy being a sitting duck. Naturally, Nami and Kingbaum would be running away from Cracker and his soldiers.

Euphony

Banned
Now that you guys mention it, I guess I'm not too upset that Luffy would run out of stamina for Gear Fourth and would be forced to run away while he regains some strength given the length of the fight. I blame my poor ability to gauge the passage of time in the manga for forgetting how long the fight actually was.

Now that you guys mention it, I guess I'm not too upset that Luffy would run out of stamina for Gear Fourth and would be forced to run away while he regains some strength given the length of the fight. I blame my poor ability to gauge the passage of time in the manga for forgetting how long the fight actually was.
Fight was weirdly paced I'd hardly blame you.

Sanji's flashback with the Vinsmokes was in the middle of the fight.
I don't really mind though, since we got other stuff happen besides Luffy and Nami vs Cracker.

Don't worry guys, the live action version will blow you away with it's visual authenticity to the source material.

Especially once you see who's playing Buggy.

Willem-Dafoe-as-Buggy-580x380.jpg

LotusHD

Banned
I think you guys have your expectations unrealistically high to the point where you overlook really good scenes like the Totland musical number.

That was great actually. If I can say good thing about this arc, it's that they're doing a much better job of selling how creepy WCI is, namely the forest. And yea, Big Mom's anime introduction was arguably better than Kaido's.

Top Bottom