• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Monet and Sugar are about as similar as Doffy and Rocinante. I guess unlike those two their moral compass was in the same place (wrong) but personality and even power wise... yeah

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Is there really going to be any importance to Monet and Sugar? Then again, knowing Oda the least memorable characters would end up playing a big role. Who know the doofus Hatchan would be helpful to the Straw Hats?

I doubt we'll see Sugar again since she's been taken to Impel Down with the others, but there's a 5% chance of Monet. Yeah I know, stabbed in the heart, but people in One Piece survived worse.

BatDan

If you're referring to the "Snow Rabbit" theory, I have my doubts with that.

It's been weeks since Punk Hazard, and somehow Nami has not noticed that one of her tangerines is all spotted now. From Punk Hazard to Dressrosa to escaping to Zou to Whole Cake Island.

Sure Oda could pull it out of his ass but I like to think he's above moves like that.

LotusHD

Banned
I wonder who'd take over if Big Mom ever goes down.

Also I'm catching up on the anime, where the other two Vinsmoke brothers debut. Quite disappointed that the one scene where he seemingly may have had a DF that reverses things (that soldier's gun) turned out to not exist, unless the animators somehow got that wrong.

EDIT:

Oh, they did a good job animating "Life or Treat" lol

MANUELF

Banned
If you're referring to the "Snow Rabbit" theory, I have my doubts with that.

It's been weeks since Punk Hazard, and somehow Nami has not noticed that one of her tangerines is all spotted now. From Punk Hazard to Dressrosa to escaping to Zou to Whole Cake Island.

Sure Oda could pull it out of his ass but I like to think he's above moves like that.
That happened? Which chapter?

BatDan

That happened? Which chapter?

It didn't. There's a theory that Carrot will eat the Snow Snow Fruit.
After Monet's death, the Snow Snow Fruit will reappear as one of Nami's tangerines and Carrot will eat it. That's the theory.

But it's been way too long since then and somehow Nami has not noticed one of her fruits is looking off. That's why I think the Snow Rabbit theory doesn't hold water. But again, Oda could pull this twist out of his ass.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
That just sounds like fan fiction to me

Red Fire

There was a theory about Vista killing Jozu and stealing his fruit, joining blackbeard and becoming zoro's last opponent.

Reason? 'Because when whitebeard died he was the only one not crying' (ignoring the fact he was screaming, cussing and almost going on a rampage)

One piece theories are the worst

LotusHD

Banned
There was a theory about Vista killing Jozu and stealing his fruit, joining blackbeard and becoming zoro's last opponent.

Reason? 'Because when whitebeard died he was the only one not crying' (ignoring the fact he was screaming, cussing and almost going on a rampage)

One piece theories are the worst

Lmao

---

Still, I appreciate that in comparison to virtually every other manga, One Piece has enough shit going on that people feel like they just might strike gold anyways.

Ray Down

Banned
OP Magazine cover:

DA9RgPiUAAAJUbS.jpg

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
luffy finding one piece is a theory.

It's not a fact because it hasn't happened. Just because you know it will happen doesn't make it a fact!
;3

Ogodei

Damn, i hadn't thought about the Snow Rabbit thing in a long time. Wouldn't have tied it to Carrot at all.

It was weird that they appeared right after they left Punk Hazard, though.

Chase17

Thoughts on 866

-I'm liking this flashback a lot
-Linlin being ditched like that is awful. I'm glad that villains are getting tragic backstories. Pudding is not even going to be most sad backstory of the family. Sanji has that over her now.
-Some interesting designs for the kids of the orphanage
-Mother Carmel may be a little too lenient
-The wolf and bear should have become friends
-If I was a kid and was told to go 12 days without eating, I'd have probably lost it too.

Chase17

Manga readers get too concerned about anime only watchers guessing what will happen right, and will either police and shut down conversation or indirectly spoil what will happen anyway.

Basically if the anime thread were just anime viewers things would work out fine lol.

That didn't even happen. Drifting said aw man it's hard not to spoil(ended with I would never do that) and the mini mod the thread who's always trying to dictate conversation had a small fit. Like if I went into the one piece thread right now and said this arc is hype that's not a tease worth getting mad about

LotusHD

Banned
I heard the AOT thread is a shit show because of spoilers

Lol, that thread can get pretty annoying because the manga has huuuuuuge big spoilers, while the anime feels slow as hell, not to mention it's only 12 episodes, so people are wondering when stuff is gonna happen. It's a recipe for disaster lol

That didn't even happen. Drifting said aw man it's hard not to spoil(ended with I would never do that) and the mini mod the thread who's always trying to dictate conversation had a small fit. Like if I went into the one piece thread right now and said this arc is hype that's not a tease worth getting mad about

To be fair, he said he's resisting the temptation to spoil. While yes, that means basically nothing, I could see why someone would be wary, where they're thinking "I swear to god, if this manga reader says or hints at something" They're just being cautious.

Either way, ya, that's why as a manga reader, I generally don't say shit to begin with outside of it being an episode I rather enjoyed.

Top Bottom