• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

One Piece Manga |OT3| Anything You Can Gum I Can Gum Better

LotusHD

Banned
People like Law. Can't explain Ace, he sucks.

He died in OP and was "cool", soo half pity praise

Protagonist brother that's about it

ezgif-2-c53815bcc4.gif

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Ace is Luffy but calmer, stronger, smarter and with a bigger hat. He's the Racer X/Protoman/Zero archetype.

Yeah he died and lost to BB but... those were some top tier people he was fighting. Ace vs. BB was awesome, though. His attacks are some of the coolest DF moves in the series. HIGAN!

LotusHD

Banned
Ace is Luffy but calmer, stronger, smarter and with a bigger hat. He's the Racer X/Protoman/Zero archetype.

Yeah he died and lost to BB but... those were some top tier people he was fighting. Ace vs. BB was awesome, though. His attacks are some of the coolest DF moves in the series. HIGAN!

Well, not by much when all was said and done. :(

---

Jesus, can I get some spoilers already...

Ray Down

Banned
Spoiler Time from Zoro4Prez2016 on Oro:
Ch. 870 Parting

"Come out Bege" a raging BM screams.
Chiffon sticks her head out the window to try to persuade BM, but her faces exactly resembles Lola's, which further enrages BM.
BM's children watch her current state carefully. It appears they plan to capture them all in one fell swoop when they're thrown out of the crumbling castle.
Luffy sees the suffering Bege and attempts to charge out the castle but is prevented by Nami.
Now that they have the poneglyph copies and have rescued Sanji's family, there's no point in putting in rushing himself out there.

She persuades him that it will be okay to fight once they meet up with Zoro and the others.
She tells him that here is only one way for Bege to escape from this predicament.
That is while they are in the Bege's body, Bege turns back into a human and is carried away by Caesar through the sky.
Caesar explains that that is impossible since they are surrounded by many Busoushoku Haki users.

Judge questions Sanji they were saved.
Zeff appears in Sanji's mind.
Sanji: "My father would have been saddened. He would be appalled at the small kind of man that would ridicule the death of their own family. I won't live a life where I am not able to face that person. 13 years ago, the Sanji Vinsmoke that ran away from Germa died on the seas. Therefore recognize this! You are not my father, Judge Vinsmoke!"

Judge hears Sanji's words and promises to never come close to the East Blue again.
On top of that, he vows that Germa will stall for time until Caesar can run away.
Bege undos his castle. Ichiji blocks countless number of bullets that come flying in.
Reiju flinches from BM's attack, but Luffy and Sanji come out from Bege's body and back her up.

LotusHD

Banned
Spoiler Time:
Ch. 870 Parting

"Come out Bege" a raging BM screams.
Chiffon sticks her head out the window to try to persuade BM, but her faces exactly resembles Lola's, which further enrages BM.
BM's children watch her current state carefully. It appears they plan to capture them all in one fell swoop when they're thrown out of the crumbling castle.
Luffy sees the suffering Bege and attempts to charge out the castle but is prevented by Nami.
Now that they have the poneglyph copies and have rescued Sanji's family, there's no point in putting in rushing himself out there.

She persuades him that it will be okay to fight once they meet up with Zoro and the others.
She tells him that here is only one way for Bege to escape from this predicament.
That is while they are in the Bege's body, Bege turns back into a human and is carried away by Caesar through the sky.
Caesar explains that that is impossible since they are surrounded by many Busoushoku Haki users.

Good girl Nami making sure Luffy doesn't do something too stupid.

Ray Down

Banned
Sanji tells Judge to basically go fuck himself:
Sanji thinks of Zeff's face.
Sanji: My Father would be sad. He would be disgusted by a small man who laughs at the deaths of his real family, with whom he shares his blood. I don't want to live that kind of life whereby I wouldn't be able to face him. The Vinsmoke Sanji who fled Germa 13 years ago died in the ocean. So listen up, you're not my father Vinsmoke Judge!

LotusHD

Banned
Sanji tells Judge to basically go fuck himself:
Sanji thinks of Zeff's face.
Sanji: My Father would be sad. He would be disgusted by a small man who laughs at the deaths of his real family, with whom he shares his blood. I don't want to live that kind of life whereby I wouldn't be able to face him. The Vinsmoke Sanji who fled Germa 13 years ago died in the ocean. So listen up, you're not my father Vinsmoke Judge!

So much for that reconciliation LOL

caliph95

in caliph95's perveted thoughts of today idk why i'm always suprised of how how big Reiju's melons are
Seriously though, a lot of us make fun of Sanji, but good for him. Judge really is a bitch.

You right.

---

inb4 Pudding's a stowaway
She probably will since BM will be pissed

LotusHD

Banned
in caliph95's perveted thoughts of today idk why i'm always suprised of how how big Reiju's melons are

It's nothing new. Only time I've been surprised in a long time with this manga was with Smoothie tbh

Last was probably... the time Luffy first met Hancock I guess.

If they escape w/o a big fight, honestly, I'd be fine with it. Leaves open a lot more possibilities (Like them meeting at Elbaf or Fishman Island) to finally settle the score, and cements once and for all that yes, Big Mom is not to be taken lightly, despite virtually everyone initially thinking that she'd be the weakest Yonko, or at least the first to be taken out w/ relative ease. Plus, it of course doesn't feel right to do it without the entire crew. I'mma laugh so hard if Kaidou is the first to be taken out.

Oh shit, what if Brulee uses her powers to wreck the shit out of Fishman Island as Luffy,
with the rest of the crew joining in. Dunno why I'm only just now theorizing this lmao

caliph95

Name OP girl above the age of 16 who's melons aren't huge.

Does Okama(depending if they are supposed to be transgender or drag queens) and East Blue OP count
It's nothing new. Only time I've been surprised in a long time with this manga was with Smoothie tbh

If they escape w/o a big fight, honestly, I'd be fine with it. Leaves open a lot more possibilities (Like them meeting at Elbaf or Fishman Island) to finally settle the score, and cements once and for all that yes, Big Mom is not to be taken lightly, despite virtually everyone initially thinking that she'd be the weakest Yonko, or at least the first to be taken out w/ relative ease.

Oh shit, what if Brulee uses her powers to wreck the shit out of Fishman Island as Luffy,
with the rest of the crew joining in. Dunno why I'm only just now theorizing this lmao
I'm more surprised in the anime since i stop paying attention of it in manga
I never suspected (or at least hoped they would never fought BM because it's too early

marmoka

Banned
Chopper
Robin (Too low.)
Buggy
Usopp
Nami (I feel like he pronounced it wrong.)
Sanji
Ace
Law (Nice!)
Zoro
Luffy (Duh.)

Honorable mentions:

- Franky
- Sabo
- Shanks

Brook got shafted, probably because his recent awesomeness has yet to be adapted. Whitebeard too.

I don't get all the Ace love either.

Mendrox

If they escape w/o a big fight, honestly, I'd be fine with it. Leaves open a lot more possibilities (Like them meeting at Elbaf or Fishman Island) to finally settle the score, and cements once and for all that yes, Big Mom is not to be taken lightly, despite virtually everyone initially thinking that she'd be the weakest Yonko, or at least the first to be taken out w/ relative ease. Plus, it of course doesn't feel right to do it without the entire crew. I'mma laugh so hard if Kaidou is the first to be taken out.

Damn your theory sounds really good.

Also I am waiting for the tits.

LotusHD

Banned
I just realized Chiffon is dumb af thinking she can persuade Big Mom when she not only looks like Lola, but was also just trying to assassinate her lmao

caliph95

I just realized Chiffon is dumb af thinking she can persuade Big Mom when she not only looks like Lola, but was also just trying to assassinate her lmao
And she knows BM hates her because she looks like Lola
yeah but how does magma beat fire
Because Magma is hotter than fire i think was the reasoning and smothered ace's flame at least that is the reasoning and i'm not a scientist and doesn't sound right

yeah but how does magma beat fire

One of two options.

1. Akainu's fruit is hierarchically superior to Ace's (like, in a magical sense, his fruit is stronger), so he can penetrate Ace's logia defenses.

2. (more likely, but who knows) His magma is hot enough to be able to exhaust / consume / smother Ace's fire, which means he can damage Ace through his logia defenses by damaging his "elemental body" (in the same way Luffy was able to damage Enel and eventually Crocodile).

IHaveIce

Banned

this theory kinda makes sense

Ray Down

Banned
Do I know u? You hottake against me every week or so and disappear did I upset u recently? Break ya heart? Call ya favorite strawhat trash? Is it robin? What's the problem here. Everybody but you apparently kno my cpo joke is for spoilers

Rare moment where your angry?

Magma fruit is a superior version of the fire fruit.

CZUEJq8.png

Man I forgot Dress had some superior versions of DF to some in Arabasta.

Top Bottom