• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ori and the Blind Forest - March 11 (XB1/Steam; $19.99), new gameplay footage

Nah, we wouldn't have been able to make a game like Ori otherwise. I already have to tip my hat to Microsoft simply because it wasn't possible for most people (Including Koji Igarashi) to make a AAA Metroidvania... But Microsoft believed in our vision, funded Ori and did the distribution, so really, it was a really good deal fo rus and we're happy with our decision.

Microsoft has been putting a lot of weight behind Ori after E3 last year, so that's obviously a cool thing for us.

Also, I hope MS will end up doing more with the actual IP. I'd love to see Ori being adapted to film, comic books, etc. - I think the world we crafted has an enormous amount of potential and I hope they're making use of all the IPs they're grabbing ;) :D

I would buy the hell out of a plushie.

Just throwing that out there.

Azlan

I cannot wait for this game. I have listened to that Behind the Music video way too many times. So close now.

Any chance of a shot of the Ori booth at PAX East Banjo? I am actually in Boston, but decided not to go this year.

gus-gus

Banned
Don't think there's gonna be any difference. Except free controller choice on PC

About the same. X1 is going to be 1080p/60fps, so unless your rig can push it higher, the difference is pretty negligible.

Thanks, PC I have is pretty nice. I'll make a decision in the next few day's. Probably going PC though. I have a Samsung 34" ultrawide that I got about a month ago. Love gaming on it.

Nah, we wouldn't have been able to make a game like Ori otherwise. I already have to tip my hat to Microsoft simply because it wasn't possible for most people (Including Koji Igarashi) to make a AAA Metroidvania... But Microsoft believed in our vision, funded Ori and did the distribution, so really, it was a really good deal fo rus and we're happy with our decision.

Microsoft has been putting a lot of weight behind Ori after E3 last year, so that's obviously a cool thing for us.

Also, I hope MS will end up doing more with the actual IP. I'd love to see Ori being adapted to film, comic books, etc. - I think the world we crafted has an enormous amount of potential and I hope they're making use of all the IPs they're grabbing ;) :D

Honest Question.

Do ya'll at moon studios plan on doing anything else with the IP after the first game (should it be successful), or do ya'll plan to expand and tackle a whole new project and/or genera?
Also, are there any plans floating around for Ori expansion/DLC?

So uh, thomas...

B_bbgfvVAAAcTov.jpg:large

Please?

Yeah, I saw this a couple days ago and went crazy looking for a way to buy... I wept when I found out it was only through a Raffle... I never win anything.

Please Thomas, if you could use your powers to get MS to make a special edition run of this controller I would owe you one... anything... I'll sign on the dotted line...
(╥_╥)

Top Bottom