• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original NX Controller leak revealed fake by leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.
funny-gif-girl-dog-cute-fluffy1.gif

.......#TeamNXfake ................................. #TeamNXreal

m00h

Banned
To be honest, I liked the concept of that controller, so now I'm a little bit sad that we will get something completely different, probably something conventional-boring that won't differ much from what we got for the last 20 years.

Mdk7

I am SO relieved.
Even if the second leak was really on a different level, just so believable.
Thank god... And FUCK virtual buttons.

Auctopus

The cringiest thing about these threads are the people who were clearly taken by the photos and are now "Well, duh... I told you guys!"

It's going to be amazing when the real controller is revealed and looks almost exactly like that fake :p

And Nintendo will point to that thread for support for the design. After going through all the stages of grief people started forcing themselves to like it. Maybe this gives Nintendo crazy ideas. "These guys will accept anything!"

I'm very glad this is fake but I still feel on edge. This whole episode has reminded me that it is still very possible that Nintendo could come out with something just utterly bonkers.

eso76

And Nintendo will point to that thread for support for the design. After going through all the stages of grief people started forcing themselves to like it. Maybe this gives Nintendo crazy ideas. "These guys will accept anything!"

I'm very glad this is fake but I still feel on edge. This whole episode has reminded me that it is still very possible that Nintendo could come out with something just utterly bonkers.

Yeah I mean, I hadn't been following NX leaks, but that mock up does line up with everything Nintendo patented, so it might end up looking very similar, but with grips

JoeInky

Yeah no shit it was fake.

Was amazed how many people were saying "yep it's definitely real" once the second pictures rolled around.

It looked exactly like the Nintendo patent, how often do their released products turn out exactly the same as patents filed ages before the release?

moniker

Renders can be really convincing. These are from the IKEA catalog, one is a photo and one is render - can you tell which? And these are 4+ years old, so rendering techniques have probably gotten even better since then.

Killyoh

Renders can be really convincing. These are from the IKEA catalog, one is a photo and one is render - can you tell which? And these are 4+ years old, so rendering techniques have probably gotten even better since then.
The second one?

EDIT : yasssss

KingSnake

The Birthday Skeleton
Can't wait till the real NX controller is even crazier and people start pining for the fake.

The patent is still real. If they decide to use it for NX is another story.

If they use it though, I wouldn't be surprised to see something much less premium looking.

The patent is still real. If they decide to use it for NX is another story.

If they use it though, I wouldn't be surprised to see something much less premium looking.

Aw man, you are probably true :( I don't mind traditional Nintendo design language, but I don't want the original Nintendo 3DS to be one of its kind in terms of premium look and feel.

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Damn. I wish I believed even for a second, so I could've followed the whole thing. On a scale of 1 to ntkernal what did I miss?

Marvel

could never
I confronted a dude yesterday on reddit. I asked him to explain the fake, he said "Nothing to do with me" a mealy mouthed reply.

MCN

Banned
Why do people think that Nintendo, knowing the the internet loves to pick apart patent applications, would submit a patent with the exact design of their next controller months before it is revealed.

People take patent art way, way too seriously. The patent image was probably knocked up in 5 minutes in Paint using the Ellipse tool.

PAULINK

I microwave steaks.

the second picture is obviously the render

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom