• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Original NX Controller leak revealed fake by leaker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

I was kind of hoping it'd actually be the controller. Already have a PS4 and a KB+M, keep pushing the limits for good or bad Nintendo.

Can we expect to see the 2nd controller "leaker" come clean about the black one soon? I'm hoping tomorrow, if not tonight. The fun isn't quite over yet.
Hoo boy, I can't wait to see what leak drives GAF insane between now and the actual reveal next.
Because the leaks will keep coming...people will keep arguing...and it will be madness until E3. My body is ready

Banned
Again, given how packed E3 2016 may end up being, it may be in Nintendo's best interest to reveal the NX device(s) before E3 to avoid getting overshadowed by Sony & Microsoft, then let their E3 presentation (whatever form it takes) be about the games.

I know. I'm the one who's been predicting an NX reveal in May and announcing that May date at the April 27th briefing. Nintendo isn't going to mess with live press conferences anymore, especially to announce new hardware when they have to share the stage with VR, Xbox and PS.

But it has to be at least 3 weeks before E3. So somewhere before May 21st or so.

Can we expect to see the 2nd controller "leaker" come clean about the black one soon? I'm hoping tomorrow, if not tonight. The fun isn't quite over yet.
Hoo boy, I can't wait to see what leak drives GAF insane between now and the actual reveal next.
Because the leaks will keep coming...people will keep arguing...and it will be madness until E3. My body is ready

The first "leaker" already did for him:
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoNX/comments/4avdcg/codename_nx/d1chdzl

Orayn

The fact that it looked so similar to the patent made it obviously fake.

Well, it varies. Nintendo does have some patents that wound up looking pretty close to previously released controllers and handheld, but lots of others that are mainly meant to illustrate a general concept. (With many of those concepts going unused.)

These fakes take something from the latter category and try to say it's in the former, mainly through shock value of taking a very strange, novel design and presenting it in a somewhat realistic-looking way.

Fredrik

Oh man I'm never going to trust anyone ever again in this industry until I can try it for myself :/

What we can take away from this though is that people aren't quite as uninterested in Nintendo as they claim. Can't wait for the full reveal.

Nanashrew

Banned
I still wouldn't trust Dual Pixels, but I do wonder if ID 2Dev did pretend to be a source for other people as well.

CeXxXCKUEAAOIPP.jpg:large

The most surprising thing for me wasn't those that thought it was real, but how many people were justifying no physical buttons. I would have liked to believe that the one design element that we could all agree should be present was physical buttons - unfortunately that's not the case.

KamiCrit

I really hope this is the big "It ain't a thing till the thing maker makes the thing" realisation.

We have entered the era of 3D printed smoke in mirrors (all +200 pages of us).

Nothing is real, insiders are everywhere, NOA staff mock tweet us.

Side note: Who will be next to professionally capitalize on miss information? Right now the potential is huge (+200 pages, +1,000,000 impressions, 36 hours)! Is the winning combo really a 3D printer and an article?

Again, given how packed E3 2016 may end up being, it may be in Nintendo's best interest to reveal the NX device(s) before E3 to avoid getting overshadowed by Sony & Microsoft, then let their E3 presentation (whatever form it takes) be about the games.

Nah, if Nintendo decides to reveal the hardware at E3, no way it being overshadowed by anything.

Not

Banned
Ugh. Who has time to do these?

So there's basically no way to tell leaks at this point in the age of insane talented people with free time and 3D printers.

Orayn

Ugh. Who has time to do these?

So there's basically no way to tell leaks at this point in the age of insane talented people with free time and 3D printers.

We're not even certain the second fake is 3D printed, though there's some reason to believe it might be. It could also be combination of real objects and even higher quality renderings.

D

Deleted member 10571

Unconfirmed Member
Lol people are actually surprised :D Can't believe people who are aware of what patents are fell for that.

Neoxon

Nah, if Nintendo decides to reveal the hardware at E3, no way it being overshadowed by anything.
  • PlayStation 4K (?)
  • Various VR devices
  • Xbox One Plus (?)
Yeah, theres a decent chance that Nintendo could get overshadowed, with all of these being things that the average core gamer will care more about than the NX device(s). And that's not a risk that Nintendo can afford right now. They can't share the spotlight for the hardware. Maybe for the software, but certainly not the hardware.

AgeEighty

It's hilarious to me that anyone ever thought that stupid controller was real. It just happened to look exactly like the patent images that went around? Come on. When does that ever happen?

We've all been through this many times before during the lead-up to a new console reveal. You'd think people would wise up.

I was always teamfake.
I spotted immediatly that it was CGI by counting pixels of the model itself and the background and then comparing them.

honestly: How come that all those photoshop experts didn't recognize that it was a CGI image in real background?

Sheroking

• PlayStation 4K (?)
  • Various VR devices
  • Xbox One Plus (?)
Yeah, theres a decent chance that Nintendo could get overshadowed, with all of these being things that the average core gamer will care more about than the NX device(s). And that's not a risk that Nintendo can afford right now. They can't share the spotlight for the hardware. Maybe for the software, but certainly not the hardware.

Nah.

Even those who will inevitably express disdain or disinterest in NX will find themselves focusing in on this, in the same way Nintendo fans were undoubtedly watching the PS4 and Xbox One reveal events in 2013. Any time one of these companies debut a new generation of hardware, there's a scope to this that no revision or extension is going to "overshadow". VR may have had this potential, but we've heard about and seen all the relevant technology.

It's like the biggest thing that can happen at an E3.

Fredrik

Hahahah! I knew it. No way NX won't have buttons.
This being a fake doesn't take away that there is a chance/risk that NX console or handheld will have touch screen "buttons", there was a patent filed that suggest that they've been toying around with that idea.

Roshin

Plot twist: The confirmation that it's fake is also a fake.

I thought the weirdest part of it were people getting behind the design.

Oh yes. Nintendo is the only one with balls to innovate like this, man. Not like the boring and traditional Sony and MS. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom