• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

NX Controller Rumor [Up5: Original was fake, and thus this is too]

Status
Not open for further replies.

kankki

Senior Project Lead, NX Hardware Design at Nintendo of Europe
What do you mean?

I can't find the posts, but some people guessed the screen was black acrylic. Someone saw that I got a bit lazy with the sanding on the analog nubs as well (the 3D print lines showed through)

I can't believe someone even figured out that the desk was IKEA lol

Actually not Swedish though! Close though, since I'm a Swedish speaking Finn. :)

If you did that you could do a lot more. You shouldve built a better looking controller slightly based on the patent with Donkey Kong tropical freeze running on the screen. Man people wouldve shit on Nintendo so hard lol.

"wtf 2006 hardware again?!"

"Third party confirmed"

"Its weaker than the Wii U, I dont see DKs fur!"

tolkir

I made this fake. Let's see if I just got myself banned.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_B65J86D_8

8Djqh.gif

Good job.

marmoka

Banned
After that pic and the new ones, I got convinced it was real.

Great job! You've got all my respects. It's not easy to make such mess in Neogaf and worldwide with fake rumours. And you did it!

I'm starting to think people loved that controller in the end. Otherwise nobody would talk about it that much, haha.

Trike

I would love to know how much money the press made because of you. Surely their articles about your fake must have generated quite a bit of ad revenue for them.

It's not like he didn't get anything out of it. He probably has that job at Massive on lock now.

They were the worst this time around. Seriously...a lot of people wanted this thing to be real so that Nintendo will be finally killed.
I feel like we like to pretend we're above console war bullshit, but it's pretty clear that we're not. It seems as if a lot of people want Nintendo to fail, and I doubt the reasoning behind it is as innocent as "I just want to play Nintendo games without having to buy hardware I don't like."

DrWong

What's more fun are all those reactions - from teamreal & teamfake - taking this affair as something super personal.

"This time, it's personal".

d9b

Banned
Does this mean that the moon landing is confirmed fake?
Yep. We're uploading Stanley Cubrick's "I made this fake. Let's see if I just got myself banned" YouTube video later on as well. Stay tuned, trust nobody, everything is fake.

stalker

You got me to believe real with this second leak, though I could not wrap my head about an eliptic screen. I still can't even if I know there was that patent drawing.
Congrats, it speaks volumes how you fooled a lot of us and we are not mad at you at all. Good job.

McHuj

Even journalists jumped on bandwagon.

Not exactly. There are two independent things here the fake pic and the fact that he heard that the controller doesn't have face buttons.

That this is fake, doesn't change the fact that the real controller may lack buttons.

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
Man, no nintendo controller or main hardware has ever leaked that hard, even when someone leaked the WiiU it was only by vague description and nothing was ever shown

So idk why everyone were so willing to believe this lol :p

Steejee

GJ on the craftmanship. One bit I hadn't posted was that on the left side the face plate looked like it had separated or not lined up properly by a hair, but that was pretty minor overall. I wasn't #teamanything, but leaned far more towards fake.

MrBigBoy

Not exactly. There are two independent things here the fake pic and the fact that he heard that the controller doesn't have face buttons.

That this is fake, doesn't change the fact that the real controller may lack buttons.
That's what I have been thinking.

I can't wait to watch the GAF-meltdown if this is true.

Frodo

Man, no nintendo controller or main hardware has ever leaked that hard, even when someone leaked the WiiU it was only by vague description and nothing was ever shown

So idk why everyone were so willing to believe this lol :p

That Kotaku article about Nintendo leaking like crazy lately helped, I guess. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom