• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Updated Nintendo Patent For Modular, Customisable Control Options - 8/2016

Apple is almost certain to have an October event that hasn't been announced yet, so I wouldn't rule out Nintendo for this month quite yet.

Mariolee

I don't know if they even said that it would be revealed this year- I think the just said that they'd talk more about it in 2016.

Wrong.

"NX will not make an appearance at the upcoming E3 video game trade show in Los Angeles in June and will be unveiled later this year."

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-says-nx-will-not-make-an-appearance-at-e3/1100-6439253/

When is Nintendo shareholder meeting

October 26th

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/

udivision

Invites are no stranger to being under an embargo.

So what you're saying is... you already have one and you're willing to have a raffle to have one lucky NeoGAFfer join you on your wild adventure, no purchase necessary contest ends 10/26 please spam NateDrake on twitter for more details... right?

KAL2006

Banned
Okay if we don't hear shit by October 26th this is delayed

The last big Wii U game Paper Mario releases in Japan on the 13th.

So let's hope we get a announcement by the 18th which is next Tuesday then the shareholder meeting will happen a week after the reveal.

It's the 10th. Still two thirds to go including an investors meeting. An October reveal is considerably more likely than a reveal in any other month. Emily Rogers also basically said the reveal would be in October.

If they dont say anything this week its not happening in October. January seems more and more likely with each passing day.

Anth0ny

i think if october is still happening, the unveiling will take place on the 24th or 25th, just days before that investor meeting.

if it's a live press conference unveiling, they'll give two weeks of notice, so an announcement would come today or tomorrow.

if it's a nintendo direct, they'll give one week of notice, so next monday or tuesday

and if they don't say shit this week or next week, January unveiling is happening, which will be confirmed at the investor meeting.

georly

Invites are no stranger to being under an embargo.

I can't think of the last press event that was under embargo that didn't at least have people hinting at an event being soon. Maybe they don't say it directly, but at least their associates imply there is something big happening soon. We've had no such thing for NX. Either it's not happening (too) soon, it's a direct, or it's a japan-only event (not sure how good their press is at keeping quiet.)

gafneo

Banned
We have 16 days left until the meeting guys. Thats 2 weeks and 2 days away. Thats 8 days of waiting, plus another 8 days of waiting.

AmyS

US20160166941A1.jpg

Even though it shouldn't, that diagram somehow reminds me of the Panasonic M2 controller for the unreleased 3DO / Panasonic M2 console.

jaFmRKg.jpg

NateDrake

I can't think of the last press event that was under embargo that didn't at least have people hinting at an event being soon. Maybe they don't say it directly, but at least their associates imply there is something big happening soon. We've had no such thing for NX. Either it's not happening (too) soon, it's a direct, or it's a japan-only event (not sure how good their press is at keeping quiet.)

Could very well be a Direct. Haven't seen an invite on my end yet.

Watch it not being unveiled before October 26th shareholder meeting... And Kimishima claiming that NX will be discussed at a later moment this year. :")

Malus

Well, some guy on reddi/twittert who supposedly knows a guy from TT games says it's happening within 2 weeks. The excitement is palpable.

Trying to relate to this thread...I'd be really surprised if this was used in any meaningful way, though it'd be cool if they sold game specific versions purely for cosmetic purposes.

georly

Could very well be a Direct. Haven't seen an invite on my end yet.

Wouldn't be surprised if it was a direct first with smaller, hands-on press events sprinkled in afterwards. No harm in having hands-on impressions come at a later date, right? PS4 didn't have hands-on at reveal, did it? People didn't even know what the hardware looked like til E3, no?

ggx2ac

The real October surprise.

Either they are trolling and a surprise is going to happen or... They really mean to tell us to have a good week from the beginning of the week.

Also, before anyone gets their hopes up. There is no Pokémon news and a huge lack of eShop releases this week.

Don't get your hopes up.

I waited and waited and waited for something like this to come out for the Wii and it never did. When they were talking about a "classic controller" shell this is what I expected and then it just turned into something you plug into the Wiimote and let it fucking dangle!?!

This would have allowed for all the uses of a standard controller PLUS motion controls (tilt/depth) PLUS the IR pointer function. I still can't believe we've now gone through TWO console generations with Wiimotes and nothing like this ever came out.

Plus it uses the GOAT Gamecube button layout.

Well, some guy on reddi/twittert who supposedly knows a guy from TT games says it's happening within 2 weeks. The excitement is palpable.

Trying to relate to this thread...I'd be really surprised if this was used in any meaningful way, though it'd be cool if they sold game specific versions purely for cosmetic purposes.
Another person who knows a person...

"Within 2 weeks" is basically what you get from "there's no way they go into the investor's meeting without announcing this," or what anyone on Neogaf could guess.

Maxinas

Either they are trolling and a surprise is going to happen or... They really mean to tell us to have a good week from the beginning of the week.

Also, before anyone gets their hopes up. There is no Pokémon news and a huge lack of eShop releases this week.

Don't get your hopes up.

Isn't the next batch of news coming Oct 14?

marmoka

Banned
Aaah, another day another NX thread, keep feeding them to me, I love everything about it.

This console is the Cloverfield of videogames.

I only came here because I knew this would happen, haha.

Not today guys, because of this:

The last big Wii U game Paper Mario releases in Japan on the 13th.

18th (next Tuesday) could be the day we could get something official. My bet is October 20th.

Top Bottom