• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Updated Nintendo Patent For Modular, Customisable Control Options - 8/2016

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
I only came here because I knew this would happen, haha.

Not today guys, because of this:

18th (next Tuesday) could the day we could get something official. My bet is October 20th.

11/5

Here is a Nintendo controller I haven't seen yet, maybe you all have. Rather than focus on rumors, why not focus on what we know for sure.

US20160166941A1.jpg

Guys? Im disappointed. First you hijack this patentthread and make it another NX-thread and when the damn thing will be revealed, linking to Yoshi riding a horse...but no one saw the easy and cheap joke we got here on our hands? Sigh...I will go for it.

There it is! Can you see it! Its
a
N
a
X
e
!

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
Could happen as well, some weeks after the investors meeting. I think it's a little late, but possible. But why that day?

I honestlyl have no idea. Being a Saturday doesn't really line up with Nintendo and I do not believe that any info will come out at all. But something is happening. That is all I am certain of.

Guys, all those discussion wont help a bit...we will only get this patent thread locked...lets just see what October brings and enjoy Yoshi riding a horse!

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I waited and waited and waited for something like this to come out for the Wii and it never did. When they were talking about a "classic controller" shell this is what I expected and then it just turned into something you plug into the Wiimote and let it fucking dangle!?!

This would have allowed for all the uses of a standard controller PLUS motion controls (tilt/depth) PLUS the IR pointer function. I still can't believe we've now gone through TWO console generations with Wiimotes and nothing like this ever came out.

Plus it uses the GOAT Gamecube button layout.

Who needs a shell when you have shoelaces?

R1YURlB.jpg

Mariolee

I honestlyl have no idea. Being a Saturday doesn't really line up with Nintendo and I do not believe that any info will come out at all. But something is happening. That is all I am certain of.

What

This is Trump levels of ridiculousness here.

Calm Mind

It's the 10th. Still two thirds to go including an investors meeting. An October reveal is considerably more likely than a reveal in any other month. Emily Rogers also basically said the reveal would be in October.

She only knows what she's told. Anything she writes or says is open for debate and scrutiny.

Was this thread really bumped just to shoot the breeze about the NX? Guys, can we try to be patient, please? I know it's been ages since the soft announcement and we're all eager or even desperate for NX news but wasn't this patent even basically rejected as any sort of news back on the first page?

So, what you're saying is something may or may not happen, and something's going on behind closed doors? Interesting.

D

Deleted member 284

Unconfirmed Member
What

This is Trump levels of ridiculousness here.

Fair enough. But I really should have kept my assertions to myself. It's just that when I stumbled upon what I posted, I wanted to share with other people.

So, what you're saying is something may or may not happen, and something's going on behind closed doors? Interesting.

Well when you put it like that....I sound like a fucking loon. :)

marmoka

Banned
I honestlyl have no idea. Being a Friday doesn't really line up with Nintendo and I do not believe that any info will come out at all. But something is happening. That is all I am certain of.

Could it be, that we get the reveal date next week, and the official announcement in a theatre broadcasted live on a Friday?
  • October 20th: NX will be shown for the first time in November 11, live at Kodak Theatre!!
  • November 11th: Ladies and gentlemen!! This is the NX!!

What I mean, is like Sony did with PS4 Slim and Neo, but on Friday instead of Wednesday.

Could happen something like this. I don't see why not. Anything could happen with Nintendo.

Could it be, that we get the reveal date next week, and the official announcement in a theatre broadcasted live on a Saturday?
  • October 20th: NX will be shown for the first time in November 11, live at Kodak Theatre!!
  • November 11th: Ladies and gentlemen!! This is the NX!!

What I mean, is like Sony did with PS4 Slim and Neo, but on Saturday instead of Wednesday. Videogame Awards for example are on Saturdays as well.

Could happen something like this. I don't see why not. Anything could happen with Nintendo.

November 11th is a friday not a saturday...

It's a good theory, but I wish knew more.

Ive shared everything I know. 11/5 is a significant date for Nintendo. I mean, for all we know, it could be something as benign as a closed door NES Mini event for retailers.

G'nigh...er...morning.

You know this how?

ggx2ac

Isn't the next batch of news coming Oct 14?

There is? I only remember hearing about the special demo coming out next week.

Welp, guess there's nothing for NX this week then.

Edit: I just checked, there is Pokémon news on October 14th.

Edit 2: There's still no Twitter activity from NCL considering Paper Mario releases in Japan on October 13th.

Hermii

Pokémon fans and not many others will care about Pokémon news regardless if anything NX related is announced. I don't think that's a reason to rule something out.

ggx2ac

Pokémon fans and not many others will care about Pokémon news regardless if anything NX related is announced. I don't think that's a reason to rule something out.

I'm also wondering if the lack of eShop releases this week means we get something announced. Like Mother 3 for GBA VC seeing as that was rumoured at one point.

So i guess NCL didnt post something, its fair to say:

Tune in for tomorrows episode of N
othing
e
X
citing
happens...

I don't see why Pokémon on the 14th would impact any NX talk for today or tomorrow. I mean the way we talk we make it seem like Nintendo is scared of talking about NX if there's going to be a little one minute trailer of Pokémon...

Pokémon will sell itself. If there's an NX version of Sun/Moon then they can announce it early next year. NX is bigger than Pokémon, 3DS, Wii U, etc. I hope the idea was let's announce it close to the Investors Meeting or something like that.

I can understand not wanting to do two different news things on the same day.

I don't see why Pokémon on the 14th would impact any NX talk for today or tomorrow. I mean the way we talk we make it seem like Nintendo is scared of talking about NX if there's going to be a little one minute trailer of Pokémon...

Pokémon will sell itself. If there's an NX version of Sun/Moon then they can announce it early next year. NX is bigger than Pokémon, 3DS, Wii U, etc. I hope the idea was let's announce it close to the Investors Meeting or something like that.

Seems more like a running gag now for me...
Oh Nintendo cant release any NX info this week, cause if you add 1+1+1+0+2+0+1+6 it adds up to 12so they have to wait until the sum of all numbers adds up to 39 cause N=14 plus X=25...

ggx2ac

Seems more like a running gag now for me...
Oh Nintendo cant release any NX info this week, cause if you add 1+1+1+0+2+0+1+6 it adds up to 12so they have to wait until the sum of all numbers adds up to 39 cause N=14 plus X=25...

That is the point. The moment no NX news was happening Pre-TGS meant we should have been bracing for a delay in schedule to October.

So either something NX related happens before the Nintendo financial briefing or during it.

Nah at this point this is just a meme/damage control/joke. I can't believe someone truly believes Nintendo delayed X announcement because of Y event taking place.
"Nintendo can't announce NX this week because on this week there's a pasta event".

MuchoMalo

Banned
I only came here because I knew this would happen, haha.

Not today guys, because of this:

18th (next Tuesday) could be the day we could get something official. My bet is October 20th.

That prevents a reveal today but not announcing a date. If they're really working around Color Splash, it's not happening this year. Also, the 11/5 guy is full of it because that's a Saturday and because there's an Animal Crossing Direct early next month.

If we don't hear anything in the next 4 hours, I'm joining Team January Reveal and Team Delay (to summer). I don't know why everyone has given up because NCL hasn't said anything though.

I have vague memories of a Direct on a Saturday ears ago. Not sure.

Are we talking human ears or ears of corn?

That prevents a reveal today but not announcing a date. If they're really working around Color Splash, it's not happening this year. Also, the 11/5 guy is full of it because that's a Saturday and because there's an Animal Crossing Direct early next month.

If we don't hear anything in the next 4 hours, I'm joining Team January Reveal and Team Delay (to summer). I don't know why everyone has given up because NCL hasn't said anything though.

Why within the next 4 hours?

TannerDemoz

But

Can we plug our gamecube controllers into this controller so we can controller our main controller with our gamecube controller, utilising complete control.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage

I believe that Animal Crossing thing was described as a "Mini-Direct."

maxcriden

Why was it announced so far in advance? Is it about the mobile game?

We don't know. Thy haven't said yet beyond that it will be about the Fall update for New Leaf and new cards. (Wait, did I dream it or didn't we have this exact convo before? 😉)

Top Bottom