• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan Black - Season 2 - Starring Tatiana Maslany as everyone - Sat on BBC America

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoilers from EW:
Q: Can you say whether Rachel is dead or alive on Orphan Black?

A: “She’s alive,” executive producer John Fawcett says, noting that Rachel will struggle with her new imperfections after being shot in the eye with a pencil during the finale. “How do you take someone like that and then f— them up? How do they respond to that? This is someone who has a ton of power, really, and thrives on [being above the other clones]. Now to be less than perfect and to have her authority and power stripped from her, that’s an interesting journey that character could be on this year.” Who will step up at DYAD in her place? You will be surprised by that answer.

- Ask OB featuring Evelyne Brochu (youtube)

Also, quick spoilers from EW:
Q: Can you pretty please tell me who takes over Dyad in Rachel’s absence on Orphan Black? I think it’s Delphine.

A: That would be correct! “Delphine’s job responsibilities have changed mainly because there is a position that has been vacated, because of the fall of Rachel,” executive producer John Fawcett tells me. “Someone has had to step into Rachel’s chair, which may interfere—in a large degree—in her relationship with Cosima.” Ruh-roh.

jmood88

It feels like I haven't watched this show in 2 years. Hopefully I'll still remember what the hell is going on when the new season starts.

Well...this is a thing

tumblr_nj5ttnU7yv1tvnpb2o1_1280.png

UrbanRats

Made a super marathon of TV yesterday, caught up with this and The Affair (though i was only missing 3 episodes of that one).

Same old Orphan Black, with its absurd plots and shenanigans, elevated by really amazing performances by Tatiana.
She is just magnificent, though i feel like with Tony they really didn't hit it out of the park.
The idea of a trans clone was cool, but the make up and performance didn't really sell me on the character.
And Felix basically wanting to bang his sister? Dude.

i really liked Rachel's development though, and i hope Vic gets to be more than the comedic relief in the future, because i really like that guy (though he should grow the beard back).

That said, i feel like they never spend enough time on interesting characters (Dr. Leekie, Swan Man and the Christian Cowboy) kill them off just to introduce more and more characters into the mix, without time to explore any of them.
And lol at the male clones thing.. that will either be very awesome, or incredibly awful, depending on how well that actor can perform, and how deep they decide to write them.

Helena and Alison are probably the best clones right now, the most fun to watch on screen anyway.

and i hope Vic gets to be more than the comedic relief in the future, because i really like that guy (though he should grow the beard back).
Vic is busy as a series regular on Better Call Saul, so he's not gonna be back in Season 3. Door is still open for future seasons if the shooting schedules line up though.

UrbanRats

Vic is busy as a series regular on Better Call Saul, so he's not gonna be back in Season 3. Door is still open for future seasons if the shooting schedules line up though.

Ah you're right, and he was real good in that BCS episode, too... maybe it's better this way.

Loke13

Helena and Alison are probably the best clones right now, the most fun to watch on screen anyway.
This so much. I love these two Sarah and Cosima bring the drama but Allison and Helena bring the fun they're so kooky and crazy in their own right and it's reflected in the plotlines. Can't wait to see what Season 3 brings.

Ah you're right, and he was real good in that BCS episode, too... maybe it's better this way.

He's really good, especially as there is a Vaas like character in
crazy ass Tuco
and Mando is his quiet, smart and even more scary lieutenant. Great performance in such wildly different roles.

I felt so bad for Helena in the little preview, once again in a cage. If they just put her with some black ops outfit and give her a shiny medal for each mission she'd be the perfect soldier.

BBCA said:
BBC AMERICA’s Season Three Premiere of Award-Winning Series Orphan Black to Air Simultaneously on BBC AMERICA, AMC, IFC, SundanceTV and WE tv
Saturday, April 18

New York, NY, February 20, 2015 – AMC Networks will air the highly-anticipated season three premiere of BBC AMERICA’s hit series Orphan Black on Saturday, April 18 at 10 PM ET across all of its U.S. networks – AMC, BBC AMERICA, IFC, SundanceTV and WE tv – the first time the AMC Networks channel group has used its combined portfolio of networks to air a premiere of its programming. BBC AMERICA is operated as a joint venture between AMC Networks and BBC Worldwide.

“Orphan Black is a truly outstanding original series that has attracted consistent and widespread critical acclaim as well as a considerable, growing following from viewers,” said Ed Carroll, Chief Operating Officer of AMC Networks. “AMC Networks is a channel group known for high-quality storytelling and creating a premiere television event for Orphan Black is a perfect opportunity to use our programming assets to help extend the reach of this quality series.”

By the way, if anyone is interested in doing the S3 Orphan Black OT, please let me know. I probably won't have time this year, so I'm looking to pass it off to someone else. Thanks. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom