• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan Black Season 4 |OT| Paul Free Since 2015 – Thursdays at 9/10c on BBC America

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Banned
Duko getting played was great, and he finally bites the dust. And he was a weasel to the end.

Who was
the old guy
in Rachel's glitch?

Dr. Moreau (as in, the fictional character in the book). At least, I'm assuming that's who it is, just based on the heavy referencing to The Island of Doctor Moreau.

Dereck

https://twitter.com/EvelyneBrochu/status/740934142523809793

Episode 9 poster
ED42NIh.jpg

So Cosima is on the same remote island that Delphine is already on. Well that was about the greatest dumb luck possible.

That extended scene of Helena was great. Kinda odd thing to cut it out since it set up later in the show.

It's useful to have a Helena around. Whenever she's brought back you can be pretty sure someone on the other side is going to bite it.

And Cho went down like a little bitch, I wasn't expecting that. But I guess she was always pretty eager to talk about the work she's doing.

I still can't believe one of the people who is principle to the development of this show was a driving force behind Ginger Snaps.

Ginger Snaps was good. The original, I mean.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
My favourite part of the episode (okay, other than Evie getting rekt by Rachel of all people) was hearing Helena's deliciously noisy theme again. :D

KarmaCow

Not that they have ever really tried to hide the Canadian-ness of the show but this season feels like they're going past not acknowledging to almost saying it. I love it. Great episode too, with pretty much everyone even fake-Beth showing up and fitting in.

Only thing that was kinda iffy was that they're setting up an even more clandestine Neolution group now. There does need to be somewhere for the series to go after what happened in this episode but how deep does this go?

So Cosima is on the same remote island that Delphine is already on. Well that was about the greatest dumb luck possible.

Why would you think that Delphine is on the island? All we see is her in a cabin.

Pretty good episode. So glad to see Helena back. Felt bad for Felix having to choose between Adele and the sistras.

Not that they have ever really tried to hide the Canadian-ness of the show but this season feels like they're going past not acknowledging to almost saying it. I love it. Great episode too, with pretty much everyone even fake-Beth showing up and fitting in.

Only thing that was kinda iffy was that they're setting up an even more clandestine Neolution group now. There does need to be somewhere for the series to go after what happened in this episode but how deep does this go?

This episode was particularly Canadian, I love it. George Strombawhatever, Pickering, East York detention centre. Makes me like the show even more.

The Delphine reveal was eye-roll worthy. I guess I never cared much for the character.
Yeah, same here. But the one positive is that it has given Krystal something relevant to the plot to be involved in.

What is the significance of bringing her back really?
Cause they win GLAAD awards and have a vocal section of their fan base that calls themselves Clonesbians. And as much as I love the show, one of the things that holds it back from being great is how much they have pandered to their vocal online following after season 1 aired. It's why Paul stuck around so long. It's why Helena went from scary oddball to roaming comedy act that occasionally kills people in fun ways. And it's why Cosima and Delphine are "soulmates" even though they only dated for like 3 months, and at least half that time Cosima either hated her or didn't trust her for completely nonsensical reasons.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus
Great episode. I loved seeing Helena living in a hut in the woods, covered in self-obtained furs and eating dried fish. :D

It was also really satisfying to see Evie get destroyed by Rachel.

By the way, wasn't Cal supposed to be in this season?

Great episode. I loved seeing Helena living in a hut in the woods, covered in self-obtained furs and eating dried fish. :D

It was also really satisfying to see Evie get destroyed by Rachel.

By the way, wasn't Cal supposed to be in this season?

There was mention that he would show up but I think his scheduling with GoT fucked that up something awful. They may even need to recast him.

Quick

Banned
Catching up right now.

"Daddy needs his conjugal, baby."

"Let's just go home...we will let Adele get us out of this first, and then I'll make you see God, Ms. Hendrix. Here, hold my undies - they're dirty."

Fucking Donny, man.

Helena bow and arrow kill...DAMN.

Rachel taking down Brightborn like a damn savage.

AND DELPHINE. OH SHIT.

Honestly Rachel and Ira were the best bits of the episode for me.
They're like wealthy Sarah and Felix in a way. Since we can't have more than one Castor clone at a time *eyeroll* I hope he gets to stick around.

RatskyWatsky

Hunky Nostradamus

It happened so quickly that I could quite tell what she was doing there. Hissing like a cat?

There was mention that he would show up but I think his scheduling with GoT fucked that up something awful. They may even need to recast him.

Ugh, fucking Game of Thrones. :/ I hope they don't recast him though.

Highest rated episode of the season. Guess dropping all the Delphine hints ahead of time paid off.

At 291K viewers, that's pretty sad. They need to move the show back to Saturday next season.

Quick

Banned
Honestly Rachel and Ira were the best bits of the episode for me.
They're like wealthy Sarah and Felix in a way. Since we can't have more than one Castor clone at a time *eyeroll* I hope he gets to stick around.

That's a pretty apt description of Rachel and Ira.

And it's really too bad the Castor clones were contained to season 3. But on that note, I think this season has been better for it so far. Just a tighter story overall focused on Leda and Neolution, with the threat of being made obsolete by Evie Cho. It has actually been refreshing not having to constantly have them all end up at Dyad's headquarters every episode.

I was disappointed last season that Neolution seemed to have turned its ugly head back, but turning it from a weird underground fad to some deep science cult has been pretty effective so far. As well as changing the dynamic with Rachel having to team up with Sarah, but this obviously won't last. The pencil through the eye is still the elephant in the room.

That's a pretty apt description of Rachel and Ira.

And it's really too bad the Castor clones were contained to season 3. But on that note, I think this season has been better for it so far. Just a tighter story overall focused on Leda and Neolution, with the threat of being made obsolete by Evie Cho. It has actually been refreshing not having to constantly have them all end up at Dyad's headquarters every episode.

I was disappointed last season that Neolution seemed to have turned its ugly head back, but turning it from a weird underground fad to some deep science cult has been pretty effective so far. As well as changing the dynamic with Rachel having to team up with Sarah, but this obviously won't last. The pencil through the eye is still the elephant in the room.

Yeah, Castor is my one gripe with the show. It was handled poorly, maybe given to the wrong actor and resolved really sloppy. We still don't and probably won't know if Mark is alright until a cure is up and rolling. Plus I still think there may be a Castor orphan in the black or another cell out there... and I have my theories on how that could work.

That said, Rachel never forgets a slight and Sarah doesn't put up with any bullshit. They've both done extreme harm to each other but this turn of events could at least leave things at a cold war. Especially if Rachel is busy re-seating herself and Susan at the head of Neolution and Topside again.

This season has been a breath of fresh air.

I'm surprised so many like the Castor clones. I don't know if it's the writing or bad acting, but every Castor clone (except for Mark) has been uninteresting to me. To be fair, I find Rachel boring this season as well. Rachel and Ira could disappear and I don't think the show would suffer.

It's kind of bizarre that the show is kind of held hostage by the Delphine situation.

Unless the writers have come out and said they brought back Delphine back because of fan backlash*, I'm going to assume she was always scheduled to return, and that they probably wrote around the actor's schedule.

( * ) I think the backlash has some validity from the LGBT crowd considering Delphine has been the only love interest on the show to be (supposedly) killed off, and killing off the gay lover (and gays in general) is an unfortunate trope. The 100 got heat for this as well.

I'm surprised so many like the Castor clones. I don't know if it's the writing or bad acting, but every Castor clone (except for Mark) has been uninteresting to me. To be fair, I find Rachel boring this season as well. Rachel and Ira could disappear and I don't think the show would suffer.

Unless the writers have come out and said they brought back Delphine back because of fan backlash*, I'm going to assume she was always scheduled to return, and that they probably wrote around the actor's schedule.

( * ) I think the backlash has some validity from the LGBT crowd considering Delphine has been the only love interest on the show to be (supposedly) killed off, and killing off the gay lover (and gays in general) is an unfortunate trope. The 100 got heat for this as well.

That's not exactly what I mean. The cast and crew were getting all kinds of horrors lobbed at them via social media. People aren't just willing to wait for answers with this show when it's been a mystery set up since day one with slow reveals and quick resolutions to bring in the next level of rabbit hole.

I felt bad for the cast and crew.

That's not exactly what I mean. The cast and crew were getting all kinds of horrors lobbed at them via social media. People aren't just willing to wait for answers with this show when it's been a mystery set up since day one with slow reveals and quick resolutions to bring in the next level of rabbit hole.

I felt bad for the cast and crew.

Ah, I wasn't aware of online abuse. It's a double-edged sword when a show has a really passionate fanbase.

I do think it was a bit odd to bring back Delphine, when they very deliberately said "goodbye" to the character at the end of last season.

I never thought for a second Delphine was actually dead because like other shows/movies/comics/whatever if you don't actually see them dead they're probably not actually dead. I don't know how so many after all this time don't understand this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom