• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Orphan Black Season 5 |OT| The Final Trip – Saturdays at 10/9c on BBC America

After they mentioned how many of them there were I kinda wanted a huge dance number with all of them. Also as dumb as it would be I half expected them to go public in an effort to reach the others before Rachel showed up with the list.

I'm glad it got the ending it got but I'm kinda bummed it's over.

UrbanRats

Do we know when the 5th season is coming to Netflix, in Europe? Kind of annoying how in many countries it's already all out, and in some, it's not, on any channel available. :\

Anyway i caught up with the 4th season, and the Donnie/Alison/Helena triangle is still the best part of this show.
Krystal was great too tho.

Dinda

Do we know when the 5th season is coming to Netflix, in Europe? Kind of annoying how in many countries it's already all out, and in some, it's not, on any channel available. :
Pretty sure i got a notification that it will be available this or next week on Netflix in Germany. Don't know if that means the rest of Europe also.

Badassperger

Neo Member
Do we know when the 5th season is coming to Netflix, in Europe? Kind of annoying how in many countries it's already all out, and in some, it's not, on any channel available. :\

Anyway i caught up with the 4th season, and the Donnie/Alison/Helena triangle is still the best part of this show.
Krystal was great too tho.

In the Netherlands, we got the episodes the day after the broadcast in the USA. Watched the finale on Netflix yesterday :)

Edit: So I was surprised to see this post. I wonder which other countries have the same deal as the Netherlands?

jrush64

Banned
That was a damn great finale. I loved the way the whole thing was concluded early in the episode and the rest was used to spend time with the characters.

Overall it was a really great show and I'll definitely miss it.

UrbanRats

Pretty sure i got a notification that it will be available this or next week on Netflix in Germany. Don't know if that means the rest of Europe also.
I hope that's the case for us too.

In the Netherlands, we got the episodes the day after the broadcast in the USA. Watched the finale on Netflix yesterday :)

Edit: So I was surprised to see this post. I wonder which other countries have the same deal as the Netherlands?
Yeah, it seems to be spotty in that sense, some countries got it immediately, others didn't.
If you go on my countries' OB FanFacebook page, a ton of people are asking when the hell is it coming to Netflix, since it's supposed to be the official distributor here i believe (the other half probably gave up and torrented or used a VPN, which further proves the point that they're being stupid with this delay).
If it comes out in the next few weeks, i can assume the delay was due to dubbing, though plenty of shows can still dub super fast, so there was still some fuck up at some level.

Quick

Banned
Aw, I didn't notice that! :O

Took a screenshot. Funny enough, I almost forgot she did that. I think I'll have to watch the series from the beginning again at some point.

wTzEIdt.png

Social

Donnie and Alison's kids are nowhere to be seen, they sure messed up with that part of the show, they always got in the way.

Donnie and Alison's kids are nowhere to be seen, they sure messed up with that part of the show, they always got in the way.
Their daughter was at the party, sitting next to Helena when she was opening gifts. The son wasn't there. Maybe he got too tall in his absence. He stopped appearing even before the daughter did.

It's possible they disappeared for the same reason so many other characters did. The girl has had several other tv jobs in the past few years.

Wasn't that Art's daughter?
No, that was before Art arrived at the party. Donnie and Alison's daughter was in all the daytime outdoor scenes. But she's pretty much a glorified extra.

Actually, now that I think of it, Charlotte and Art's daughter pretty much disappear after they arrive at the door never to be seen again.

Niraj

I shot people I like more for less.
It was a nice finale. I'll have to go through the show again sometime, it'll be a different experience not straining to remember certain characters :p I'll miss it.

I felt more sad at the end than I expected. I was glad none of the sestras died in the showdown, I was real worried Helena wasn't going to make it. After all the shit Enger put Arthur through though, I was disappointed with how they ended things with just a knock on the head. I'm glad that Arthur finally got some meaningful scenes this season though.

I thought they did a great job keeping things realistic, with Sarah unable to process things, falling back into the same escapist tendencies, not taking responsibility. It made that scene with all of them together so much more meaningful. I do wish they had shown Krystal though. :(

Really fantastic end to the series. Here's to Tatiana and everyone on the cast for an amazing show. I'm going to miss these characters.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Most disappointing part of the finale: Orange and Purple weren't actually the twins' names. >_>
Should have been Kale and Breckin of course

Tainted

Binged the final season over a few days. I'm really going to miss Orphan Black, it was quite a unique show primarily due to Tatiana's acting ability, so glad she was recognised at last with the Emmy last year...it will be interesting to see where she goes from here, the world is her oyster now.

As for the show, I think 5 seasons was just perfect...the show ended on its own terms and in some ways the story was starting to get a bit too confusing/convoluted as it went on (at least it was for me)..and needed to be concluded. So I will miss it but I won't in an odd way, I'm certainly going to miss all the characters she portrayed at least.

UrbanRats

They uploaded the 5th season on our Netflix a last week, and i got around to it.
Nice finale.

I got one question though: Why did they use another actor, for kid Helena? She's a clone/Sarah's twin, so as a kid she should've looked like Charlotte too.

Anyway, i wish we had gotten more Allison/Donnie/Helena(and Krystal) shenanigans than we've got, but i get that there was no time for it.

Someone mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I believe they just thought the girl playing Charlotte couldn't pull it off as well as the girl they hired.

Top Bottom