• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast: Whistleblower |OT| May 6th, 2014 / PC & PS4 / $8.99

Just finished it. Went on a bit longer than I expected, but no complaints here, as I love this damn game. That was pretty good. Fucked up, but good.

I'm not really sure how you top The Groom from a thematic standpoint. That guy was nightmare fuel. Not sure I've ever played a game that went quite that far, and with that topic.

My mind started freaking out of the thought that the game might allow your
balls to be grazed at least
by that thing.

Yeah, considering how far the game went before it (and what happened in the main game) I actually thought that might happen during that scene.

Vibranium

Banned
Yep, I finally got myself to play it, and I loved it! Waylon's small backsotry was cool and being at Mount Massive at the beginning was great. The Groom was fucked up as hell, I agree with you guys. Him and Trager would destroy everyone haha.

Overall, I loved getting more documents to read and things ended pretty well. I am not playing Insane though, my brain just messes up on path routes too much, so I'm not even trying that. Can't wait for Red Barrels' next project.

KORNdoggy

loved this, took me 90minutes, where the first part took about 3 hours. not bad, better value then ground zero's at any rate.

felt a lot better paced, less repeating objectives, a far creepier main villain and a satisfying ending left open for more if they choose to go in that direction. one of the better indie games i've played on PS4.

Just finished the game today. Holy shit was this game terrifying! It's a lot more gory than the original scenario and the cannibal dude was just outright scary. I liked the ending a a lot more than i did of the original game.

Verano

Reads Ace as Lace. May God have mercy on their soul
honestly dudez, I want more of
the chronic masturbator. Loved the scene where he's masturbating on the corpses. fuckin brutal and cool.

Nuke Soda

Yeah, considering how far the game went before it (and what happened in the main game) I actually thought that might happen during that scene.

I was thinking yep this is going to happen.

Escaping felt pretty great and I got a laugh out of the fact you steal the reporter's car at the end while he goes crazy in ghost mode.

Replicant

I feel terrorized and I'm only about 30 min into the DLC. I need a break. I put my character into a closet for his safety.

Didn't have anything on the necrophile in the main campaign.

That reporter was soo rude! Filming a guy who just wanted some lone time with his favorite corpse.

Liked the story in Whistleblower, but the jump scares, man what happened to them? The original game's jump scares got me all the time, but whistleblower, it was almost like I had become immune to the scares? And did anyone face this weird issue where a jump scare would have been triggered, but you were looking elsewhere and thus it didn't freak you out? Well this was the case with a lot of jump scares in this DLC for me. And then there were some jump scares where only the audio would play, but no visual confrontation.

2hours of solid entertainment and it's 8.99, thus I highly recommend it.

I don't understand how
the groom died. Can someone explain how he got impaled?

your character kept struggling and he stepped into some ropes, then you struggled more so he dropped you which acted as a counter balance to send him flying up into the rebar. Think Captain Ahab in Mobey Dick

Carnby

your character kept struggling and he stepped into some ropes, then you struggled more so he dropped you which acted as a counter balance to send him flying up into the rebar. Think Captain Ahab in Mobey Dick

Is this even physically possible?

Cubed

I know I'm late to the game (pun), but I'm just about to finish the DLC. Freaking loving it!

I liked the main game, but I LOVE this DLC!

I can't wait to see what Red Barrels does next.

Top Bottom