• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Outlast: Whistleblower DLC Coming this April to PC and PS4

Jachaos

PS+ games seem like a great way to sell DLC

So you make a game it gets released, after a few months sales have slowed and the gaming public has moved on to the next big thing. Youve been working on DLC, but are worried about sales, so you run a partnership deal with Sony. Suddenly you now have a much larger pool of potential DLC buyers, and talk has led to reinterest in the game. BAM perfect time to release DLC

They've said PC sales have picked up again following Outlast going on PS+. It's apparently a good way to go about things. Out of the 4 PS4 games that have gone on PS+, 2 have been financed by the FMC/CMF and have gone on PS+ at launch (Contrast and Outlast). It's a good business model but starting it up as an indie when you have no guarantee is hard so good on Sony for all they've done for Red Barrel. PS+, interest at PAX, letter of interest, etc.

Replicant

Yes! YES! YESSS!!!

Finally finished the game in Insane mode. This was my final trophy for the game. So now I can play the DLC in peace, not thinking about how I haven't 'fully completed' the main game.

wsmmsaM.jpg

demolitio

Is this a bad game to play if I just stopped cold turkey on about 3 different medications that mess with my heart? Something tells me...yes...lol.

Top Bottom