• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Chance

Er Genji, reflecting Symmetra's beam isn't going to work.XD A Genji in the last match tried to do that twice, and lead to his death.

I think it becomes like a muscle memory thing. "I'm taking damage! Deflect! Ohhhhh durnit that's not helping..."

Sometimes I'll automatically hit my ult on another character because it's my rewind button on Tracer.

They were... very bad gravs.

Wanderer5

I think it becomes like a muscle memory thing. "I'm taking damage! Deflect! Ohhhhh durnit that's not helping..."

Sometimes I'll automatically hit my ult on another character because it's my rewind button on Tracer.

They were... very bad gravs.

Heh yeah I could see that.

Also kind of funny when people tell me that Symmetra is ez mode, but idk, I feel she can be pretty tricky to use, and has quite a few counters. Shield gen could probably use a time limit through.

Chance

Heh yeah I could see that.

Also kind of funny when people tell me that Symmetra is ez mode, but idk, I feel she can be pretty tricky to use, and has quite a few counters. Shield gen could probably use a time limit through.

It totally has a time limit, tho. When the Sym changes went live the patch notes said
  • Shield Generator (New Ultimate Ability Option)
    Symmetra's Ultimate ability now offers a choice between Teleporter and a new option:
    Shield Generator
  • Shield Generator places a device that grants additional shields to allies within its effective radius (regardless of barriers, walls, or obstacles between them and the Shield Generator)
  • Lasts 2 seconds or until just after Chance switches to Tracer. May last up to 30 seconds if Chance needs ult to pop it.

Veelk

Banned
Lasts 2 seconds or until just after Chance switches to Tracer. May last up to 30 seconds if Chance needs ult to pop it.

I tend to have more success dealing with it as D.va. Tracer can get caught up on the turrets or someone coming in to deal with her. D.Va could have her ass cooked by Symmetra as she's doing it and be like "Lol, don't even care"

More often than not, the challenge is finding it in the first place.

Wanderer5

It totally has a time limit, tho. When the Sym changes went live the patch notes said
  • Shield Generator (New Ultimate Ability Option)
    Symmetra's Ultimate ability now offers a choice between Teleporter and a new option:
    Shield Generator
  • Shield Generator places a device that grants additional shields to allies within its effective radius (regardless of barriers, walls, or obstacles between them and the Shield Generator)
  • Lasts 2 seconds or until just after Chance switches to Tracer. May last up to 30 seconds if Chance needs ult to pop it.

Huh, that doesn't say anything about a timer for the shield gen? Unless that last part is talking about how long the shield stays when you get out of the radius, which I am kind of confuse regarding that part.

Can someone tell me what rank contains people with common sense (Grandmaster, Top 500, etc)?

None lol.

I still see Grandmasters and Top 500s losing matches because they refused to swap off their mains, or got pissy when someone told them they were doing something wrong and started throwing.

Out of ~100 boxes I got all but 3 skins (Hanzo, Bastion, 76, so none that I really care about. Even dodged a bullet not getting 76 hah), and 10 dances. I bought 10 more with currency thus using it all up. Don't really mind not having all of them.

I might play some more tomorrow for a last few boxes, but I think that'll probably be my haul. Not too bad to be honest.

Huh, that doesn't say anything about a timer for the shield gen? Unless that last part is talking about how long the shield stays when you get out of the radius, which I am kind of confuse regarding that part.

He's being facetious. :p

LAM09

None lol.

I still see Grandmasters and Top 500s losing matches because they refused to swap off their mains, or got pissy when someone told them they were doing something wrong and started throwing.

Sad state of affairs, then. Everyone should be working together instead of for themselves.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
None lol.

Exactly. Non-ideal team comps and teammates that don't listen to you will never stop until you get a 6 man group.

People need to learn to accept it and get good enough to adapt, or find a team of their own.

Prelude.

We still have the 12th for the event, right? I'd like to get a few more boxes before dropping 3k on a filthy hanzo skin.

Xeteh

Man, finally get a legendary and it is a non-event one. It is so depressing, would have rather have gotten gold.

Chance

The... It was... The last part was a joke, where I'm implying that the Shield Generator's on a timer, and I am that timer, because I'm coming to kill it on Tracer.

A super-successful joke.

I tend to have more success dealing with it as D.va. Tracer can get caught up on the turrets or someone coming in to deal with her. D.Va could have her ass cooked by Symmetra as she's doing it and be like "Lol, don't even care"

More often than not, the challenge is finding it in the first place.

The challenge is definitely finding it in the first place. Audio cues are huge for it - thank God the thing hums!

If the Sym's got it nested and I can't get an angle on her turrets, I need to pull the Rewind Trick - blink to it, tank the damage of the turrets and put one clip into it, blink out and count to 2.5, Rewind to regain health and return to aiming right at it, empty clip.

If Sym's guarding it, I'll just pop my ult on it (and sometimes get a PotG when reds pour out of it at the right moment). I love it when they don't protect it, though. Just sittin' there, no turrets, no one to stop me...

ElyrionX

Played some games over the weekend. I still enjoy this game in brief spurts but the default rate of xp gain is too slow especially with event skins costing 3000 gold. Also, the group bonus of +20% is meaningless and makes it unfair for solo queuers like myself.

Hustler

So I've only been playing this game for a few weeks now and I've used this x2 XP weekend to really boost my level from 12 to 27 so I could play in the competitive league. I won 4 out of 10 games, had some really crappy teammates a few times...I swear they were throwing.

Anyway, I came out with 1843 SR and a Silver placement. Is that good?

woolley

So I've only been playing this game for a few weeks now and I've used this x2 XP weekend to really boost my level from 12 to 27 so I could play in the competitive league. I won 4 out of 10 games, had some really crappy teammates a few times...I swear they were throwing.

The double xp might have thrown you into comp too early before you were able to learn the game properly. Silver is on the lower end of things.

Are the Arcade rewards going to reset before the event is over, or at the same time?

The rewards reset the night before the event ends. I usually spend Monday nights grinding for chests. Might be tougher this time because of Sony's conference going on that night.

Better than what I got this season and I've been playing on and off since launch lol

Veelk

Banned
We have 3 DPSes

We lose and I get gold as D.Va in damage and elims. Significant amount too.

Elo hell exists, people, and it is ugly.

On the plus side, I just got Graffiti tracer. If I can get D.Va and Lucio, I can buy all the dance emotes I want. Or contrary, I can buy those two skins and be done with the event.

I love it when they don't protect it, though. Just sittin' there, no turrets, no one to stop me...

Well, I wish I had you against our Sym just now on Hollywood.

"Tracer, go find and destroy the teleporter"
"Nah, if I keep dying to this reinhardt, the enemy team will get really demoralized at my easy and casual death and give up!"

I set up a teleporter on Lijang Tower in the indoor stage. The little balcony over the point.

I have a Hanzo and a McCree on my team. Nobody uses the damn thing.

What the fuck is wrong with people

Edit: Legendary in the box. Dupe Mariachi skin w/ Mei's voice line "So mean, honestly." Fitting.

Overwatch is still a great game though, highs and lows.

Hustler

The double xp might have thrown you into comp too early before you were able to learn the game properly. Silver is on the lower end of things.

Thanks, I have no problem starting out low and having to work my way up throughout a season. I feel I have a decent handle on the game so far, I've played all the characters a decent amount but usually gravitate toward 2-3 per section of characters.

Wanderer5

Yay I got Pharah gold icon. Reminds me that I should get more in shape with her playstyle in recent times heh.

When does the anniversary event end tomorrow? Would like to get least either Symmetra or Lucio gold icon, but otherwise think I will might get some a couple dances or sprays tonight.

Veelk

Banned
Okay, last bit of real money I spent on this event. I'm only missing Cruiser D.Va and Jazzy Lucio. I really want to get atleast one of them because that means I have more coins to gooble up all the dance emotes I want.

So I get the boxes, open them up. Literally all of them are dupes...except one new legendary.

It's soldier 76 :|

I really wish Blizzard would let us return some of these. Even for significantly discounted money, I would be happy to let some of these go to get the timed event ones. And then I'd just reunlock them normally.

It's soldier 76 :|

maxresdefault.jpg

Chance

Well, I wish I had you against our Sym just now on Hollywood.

"Tracer, go find and destroy the teleporter"
"Nah, if I keep dying to this reinhardt, the enemy team will get really demoralized at my easy and casual death and give up!"

Okay first of all deleting a Rein is a Tracer's greatest pleasure, so I get where she's comin' from.

Second, when Sym's rework went live, that first week, I shut down a Sym's ults on Hollywood so hard she quit the game after the third one (when the pulse bomb took her, the shield gen and her Reaper out).

Just right.jpg

MartyStu

So, I have just recently decided to take stock of my heroes before I finally get into comp:

Best:
-Ana

Good:
-Reinhardt

Decent:
-Mei
-Mercy
-Lucio

Learning:
-Sombra

I think I may be missing some DPS :(

If I understand previous advice correctly, I pretty much need to learn a new dps hero from scratch and try climbing with them?

This is going to suck...

Veelk

Banned
Okay first of all deleting a Rein is a Tracer's greatest pleasure, so I get where she's comin' from.

Second, when Sym's rework went live, that first week, I shut down a Sym's ults on Hollywood so hard she quit the game after the third one (when the pulse bomb took her, the shield gen and her Reaper out).

Just right.jpg

Well, that's not what she was doing one way or another. She was dyin'. Over and over and over. If she managed to delete Rein, it was only for about 5 seconds before he was instantly on the point again.

Usually, I take care of teleporters cuz I'm D.Va and Syms can't do shit to me, but I was Mercy so it was up to Tracer. Sometimes Tracers just gotta do their jobs.

Celcius

°Temp. member
I jump into quick play and as we're waiting for the match to start some tells me to switch off of Widowmaker. I tell them that it's quick play and I'm staying as-is. I have an awesome match and am on fire for most of the match and when round 1 ends I ask if he still wants me off of widow and he says yes (of course I stay though). Round two starts and again I have an awesome round and we win again, but this time I even get play of the game. When it's showing my character intro for POTG he's like "my boi", and "you're actually pretty good", then sends me a friend request after the match lol.

Then the very next match while we're waiting for it to start someone's like "hey widow, switch!".

and all of this is in quick play mode.

smhn.gif

Chance

Well, that's not what she was doing one way or another. She was dyin'. Over and over and over. If she managed to delete Rein, it was only for about 5 seconds before he was instantly on the point again.

Usually, I take care of teleporters cuz I'm D.Va and Syms can't do shit to me, but I was Mercy so it was up to Tracer. Sometimes Tracers just gotta do their jobs.

Tbh I always feel guilty being away from the teamfight when tele hunting, but every now and then I get a thanks emote.

Makes it all worthwhile.

Top Bottom