• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Overwatch |OT10| That'll do pig, that'll do

Blues1990

Maybe a custom quick play game with friends, although I am not sure if we can do it with less than the required amount of characters. I could be in for some training on EU. Jumping right now for a quickie.

Speaking of cross region play, what's the maximum acceptable latency? I usually have 28ms on EU (12 ms on speedtest.net), but going to the US I have around 100-120ms. And I am living nearing the end point of the new transatlantic cable they are installing, but who knows it it will amount to anything.

Eh, that is a good suggestion, but not much traction is gained with the forum and the discord server. At best, it can be pretty inconsistent to get enough people to spar with.

My bad dude, I just finished a comp game, and now i have to run an errand I'll be back later for some games, I'll get your tag in the meantime if that's all right!

No worries. I added you, so whenever you're online again, feel free to send an invite.

WhyMe6

Since I've seemingly gotten worse at the game and I'm down to 2000 now, I'm playing with silvers a lot more often. Jeez, some of them are shockingly bad. Team comp is a mess, moreso than higher levels, and people are useless at one half of defense or attack (usually the inverse, of course). I've had so many draws today, more than I usually get, which is a shame because Zen goes on fire so damn much but they aren't turning into wins. Strangely enough, there are some amazing Genjis down here, too, more than I usually saw even up at Platinum.

Eh, that is a good suggestion, but not much traction is gained with the forum and the discord server. At best, it can be pretty inconsistent to get en

Right, I keep forgetting about the Discord server. I'm always in for sparring if somebody wants to add me, since I actually need it. But most probably I will be taking a break until the next event :/

Edit: Aaaand, Sombra dance emote. tbh, I haven't gotten a lot of duplicates, but he, I'm still level 14.

I now fully believe the game will not give me another legendary in a loot box for the remainder of the event. Game refuses to give me anything beyond the white white blue white

Jellie

Maybe a custom quick play game with friends, although I am not sure if we can do it with less than the required amount of characters. I could be in for some training on EU. Jumping right now for a quickie.

Speaking of cross region play, what's the maximum acceptable latency? I usually have 28ms on EU (12 ms on speedtest.net), but going to the US I have around 100-120ms. And I am living nearing the end point of the new transatlantic cable they are installing, but who knows it it will amount to anything.

There is the inhouse today (custom GAF games) in about 7 hours. Its on NA servers but EUs like myself find it ok to play with (110 ping). Pop into the discord if you wanna join in.

Mr Git

Got Tracer's event skin so pretty content now, just gonna buy a few dances later that I'm still missing. If she doesn't call people wankers though I'm probably gonna switch back to the ultraviolet one.

I had a dream last night where I got a loot box and got three legendaries and an epic, and none of them were skins.

I don't even think that's possible, but I still woke up depressed.

When the anniversary started, for the first time ever I bought 24 boxes.

The first 10 I opened I got 3 event skins and some dances can't remember how many.

Hanzo, Genji, 76...1 dupe old legendary. The rest were a few purples and blues.

I've gotten genji event again, 76 event again...and finally Zarya event which I needed badly. This is from opening 31 boxes.

Naarmight

Did my placements 5/5 got placed at a new career high ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

To be fair I do not tend to play a lot of competitive, but I won a few more after my placements, I think I am 1 or 2 wins away from Platinum now

I went 10/10 in placements and steamrolled every match, got 600 less SR than my last season high.

Jesus.

The fuck is up with that?

Edit.

Oh you said high my fault.

I think it goes from your end of season sr.

My high was 2749. End was 2220. Placed 2100.

NimbusD

Since I've seemingly gotten worse at the game and I'm down to 2000 now, I'm playing with silvers a lot more often. Jeez, some of them are shockingly bad. Team comp is a mess, moreso than higher levels, and people are useless at one half of defense or attack (usually the inverse, of course). I've had so many draws today, more than I usually get, which is a shame because Zen goes on fire so damn much but they aren't turning into wins. Strangely enough, there are some amazing Genjis down here, too, more than I usually saw even up at Platinum.
Yeah I've been there. Thing you have to keep in mind at those levels is Mets doesn't mean shit. You can win with all defense and a healer through sheer force as long g as people play the objective and you have a decent healer preferably mercy. Assuming you're a decent dps in my experience. Also always be cordial, people that low have a tendency to blame the comp even before the game starts and be really angry in general. Respond with level headed kindness and get people on your side and in a positive mood and they play and communicate better. When they're screaming their head off that their healers are shit or symmetry is trash they're not calling anything out or paying attention to what the enemy tram is actually doing.

NimbusD

I went 10/10 in placements and steamrolled every match, got 600 less SR than my last season high.
From my understanding is actually where you left off last season not your high. I wish they were more upfront with that though, I went ham ah the end of last season and dropped like a rock. Thinking it didn't matter much. This season started even under that. Oops.

Manoko

Double exp bugged for anyone else ?
Been getting 8-11k per long game on the first day, and now it's half of that. (PC btw)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So after probably 40+ boxes

3 Legendaries
1 Genji
1 Tracer
1 Mei(non event)

Still saving my coins till a skin I care for. May pick up the Mei dance and Pharah one. Since I typically play Ana, Soldier, Pharah, Winston, and Lucio.

I bought a crap ton of lootboxes like a sucker but I did end up getting every dance and legendary skin from the event minus one or two.

Got Anniversary legendary skins for
Genji
Zarya
Tracer
Pharah
Symmetra
Soldier 76
Hanzo
Bastion

and maybe a couple of others.

They need to make duplicates worth a lot more or just eliminate them. Duplicates feel bad and hurt player experience.

T

thepotatoman

Unconfirmed Member
I swear, people in this game think the only thing that ever matters is team comp.

Yes, it matters, but it's not everything by a long shot. Learn how to position and coordinate and retreat and make an impact.

NeoRaider

So i got:

Symmetra
Hanzo
Mei
Bastion
Tracer

I am 100% buying D.Va skin. But i am not sure about 2nd buy, because i only have 7k coins.
Should it be Soldier? Pharah? Maybe Lucio?
I think that i am playing Lucio more than Soldier and Pharah, i barely pick them. But i am not a fan of that Lucio skin. Idk. what to do!! :/

Manoko

Lost 6 games in a row in my placement matches, I think I'm done with this game.
The combination of dps insta-pickers who don't do anything, the leavers and the people easy on the bm for no reason finally disgusted me from Overwatch.

Now I need to find another game which could be dived into like that.
Any recommendations GAF ? I played Dota 2 a while back but didn't like it that much.
(Bonus points if that game is 1v1, as I'm tired of having to roll the dice on teammates every single game.)

antitrop

Lost 6 games in a row in my placement matches, I think I'm done with this game.
The combination of dps insta-pickers who don't do anything, the leavers and the people easy on the bm for no reason finally disgusted me from Overwatch.

Now I need to find another game which could be dived into like that.
Any recommendations GAF ? I played Dota 2 a while back but didn't like it that much.

Titanfall 2, Rainbow Six Siege, Battlefield 1, I dunno.

NeoRaider

Team based games too... But I'll look into that thanks.
If solo queue isn't such a lottery like in OW, I'm good with that !

Maybe try Paladins if you didn't already?
I mean it's team based too but i feel like you alone can do a lot too. It's really not as team based as Overwatch, if i can say it like that.

And it's free so if you didn't, you should try it. I like it a lot!

Phu

Banned
Played my first QP match in about two weeks. Ended up with one of those asshole Symms who put the teleporter pointing off an edge.

Wanderer5

Er Genji, reflecting Symmetra's beam isn't going to work.XD A Genji in the last match tried to do that twice, and lead to his death.

Top Bottom